The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

deep, deep mental issues 

Being a giant piece of shit isn’t a deep mental issue. It’s just being a piece of shit.

We need to stop giving these people sympathy, stop giving them cover. They are evil pieces of shit. We should shun them, shame them, humiliate them, and hate them. Drive them back under their rocks, and if we can, to suicide.
  • Hook 'Em 8

43 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I don’t understand the holocaust deniers. It’s kind of like the flat earthers. Who is gaining from these huge conspiracies? I was just in Amsterdam and saw the memorial with 100,000 names. A few years ago I was in Berlin and saw the memorial with 3m names. I’ve been to Dachau and have seen how they set things up. People who participated have admitted it. It’s not that hard to find evidence (like the flat earthers who clearly have never looked outside).

38 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

My father pointed out to me when I was still in middle school something about Nuremberg.  "All the defendants gave some version of 'We didn't know the scope of it', 'We were just following orders' or 'It was the Fog of War.'  But not a single one ever said 'It didn't happen.'

Yeah, out of everybody to deny it, the Germans never did, nor did the German government after the war.

It's like Joe Rogan and the other idiots who have denied the Apollo mooon landings - the fucking Soviets never denied it and even gave Neil Armstrong a tour of various areas in the Soviet Union after they came back.

If somebody was going to deny the Holocaust, it'd be the people who were responsible for it, and if somebody were going to deny the Apollo moon landings, it'd be the people who were trying to beat us there.

30 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

deep, deep mental issues 

Very much so.  I've questioned my qanon in-lawn about this and she pulls the "well, I'm not sure about the numbers" and "I don't know, I haven't looked into it" as if she is the one who gets to decide whether it's true or not.

There's also this refusal to believe what everybody else believes, some kind of contrarian asshole thing, and with the mental illness, there's a deep sense of needing to be in on things.  In my in-law's case, she has a fucked up life (of her doing, she can still recover and straighten out and land the plane if she chose to, and her dad and step-mom have the resources financially) and she needs to believe in stupid shit, because it gives her some kind of sense of belonging with like-minded people. And she'll automatically take the opposite side of what most of the adults in her family believe, because we all took the vaccines and therefore we don't know what the fuck we are talking about.

It's one thing if it was one of the more harmless conspiracy theories, like UFO/Roswell, or JFK.  And you can have debates about those two subjects all day long with lots of evidence going every which way.

But things like the Holocaust and the Apollo landings - all of the principal parties involved that would benefit most from those two events not happening have literally said they happened, and with the Holocaust, there were payments still being made to survivors decades and decades after. But with the Holocaust, it's the white supremacist contingent of Qanon, and with the Apollo stuff, it's the idiots who hate America and can't accept that we do Kick-Ass things.

Trump and COVID fucking broke a lot of these people's brains.  When I saw people who I knew were of the prepper variety (we called them survivalists in the 80s when I was a kid) and they were melting down over not getting haircuts or going out to eat, I knew these people would not survive the majority of scenarios that float around in their heads.  And for fuck's sake, some of these people were social distancing for decades before COVID (or just being loners/assholes as we called them), but COVID happens and they freak the fuck out.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 9:26 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine being an elected official of a state, a state that's lifeblood is tourism no less, and putting out a video saying "Don't vacation here. Please, don't bring your blue state money to Florida."

I have to admit, I've been thinking of biting the bullet and taking the son to Disneyworld this year. He'll be 6 this fall, and I feel like it's move it or lose it in regards to the experience being magical. As a kid, I loved Epcot the best. But you know what? Tim Scott literally just inspried me to see what kind of trip I can put together for Disneyland, instead. 

Fuck Florida. If your 6 year old is a dinosaur fan, go to CA and also check out the LA County Natural History Museum. They've got 3 Tyrannosaurus rex on display, including a young juvenile, the only one in the world that I'm aware of. You can get really close to the actual skull bones for all three of them. They've also got a huge Triceratops and a bunch of other cool exhibits, many of which are interactive.

The space shuttle is right next door at the California Science Center and there's also the La Brea Tar Pits off Wilshire if he's into ice age animals like dire wolves or mammoths.  

Feel free to PM me and I can give you the lowdown what the museums have on display. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Pods said:

Fuck Florida. If your 6 year old is a dinosaur fan, go to CA and also check out the LA County Natural History Museum. They've got 3 Tyrannosaurus rex on display, including a young juvenile, the only one in the world that I'm aware of. You can get really close to the actual skull bones for all three of them. They've also got a huge Triceratops and a bunch of other cool exhibits, many of which are interactive.

User name ✔️

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Is there an age limit on being a Dino fan?  I’m asking as a 61 yo.

Absolutely not.  I'm a year ahead of you and have a bucket list of dino museums to visit.  The Field in Chicago, the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, hell, anywhere with dinosaur bones.  I have a piece of dinosaur bone and two dinosaur coprolites on my desk in front of me right now.  No, man, you rock your dinomania, no matter what age you are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Absolutely not.  I'm a year ahead of you and have a bucket list of dino museums to visit.  The Field in Chicago, the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, hell, anywhere with dinosaur bones.  I have a piece of dinosaur bone and two dinosaur coprolites on my desk in front of me right now.  No, man, you rock your dinomania, no matter what age you are.

Thermopolis, WY has a surprisingly great one. Including archaeopteryx. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, Pods said:

The space shuttle is right next door at the California Science Center and there's also the La Brea Tar Pits off Wilshire if he's into ice age animals like dire wolves or mammoths.  

Feel free to PM me and I can give you the lowdown what the museums have on display. 

I'm definitely with you on the fuck Florida. I haven't broken it to my wife yet, but that's ok, I'm the one driving this train anyway. Thanks for the tips, but we've actally got some pretty awesome Dinosaur and Space resources here in Houston. But now that you point it out, it is time for a trip to NASA I think. He loves the dinosaurs here. But I'm thinking maybe 3-4 days at Disneyland, and then a couple days at whichever studio in LA has Harry Potter for my wife. And not having to plan around the fucking weather. 

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This was a photo just taken by one of the Mars rovers.  I wish the conspiracy Qanon dipshits would fixate on it rather than jumping through hoops denying the Holocaust or the Apollo landings or Oprah Winfrey trafficking kids for their fluids or whatever.

f_webp

IMG_6511.png.3795374ad8b25bdc87ccea06dfb3f9df.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This was a photo just taken by one of the Mars rovers.  I wish the conspiracy Qanon dipshits would fixate on it rather than jumping through hoops denying the Holocaust or the Apollo landings or Oprah Winfrey trafficking kids for their fluids or whatever.

f_webp

WhitePettyGreatargus-mobile.jpg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Thermopolis, WY has a surprisingly great one. Including archaeopteryx. 

Will second this. https://wyomingdinosaurcenter.org/ for anyone else interested. The museum is cool and they also have public dig programs where you can go dig with their interns. Fair warning, it's in Jurassic Morrison rocks and they are really fucking hard to work in, but it's fun. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Pods said:

I’m not a 6 year old and I enjoyed this a couple weeks ago

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Anwar Namtut said:

Don't the first couple of points conflict with the last one?

Don't all conflicts end when someone "wins"?

And we'd all get our minds in a knot trying to square up their platform.

8 hours ago, Anwar Namtut said:

Don't the first couple of points conflict with the last one?

One of the defining traits of modern "conservatives" is the ability to hold 2 or more completely contradictory ideas at the same time and believe they are all valid, so long as they all agree with their preconceived notions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Pods said:

One of the defining traits of modern "conservatives" is the ability to hold 2 or more completely contradictory ideas at the same time and believe they are all valid, so long as they all agree with their preconceived notions.

it used to be simple shit like god and science, things that you could easily reason away like, "well, jeebus made them rocket scientists smart so they take us to space" and it didn't short circuit their simple little minds. but now scientists are woke libruhls and god is science. science is out there trying to turn your kids trans and injecting you with microchips. never mind what religion is actually injecting into your kids. seriously our society has regressed so amazingly in such a short time.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Pods said:

Or if it triggers the libs. I'd argue that one is even more important. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Underdog said:

How pathetic can you be to not even be able to attend an event without wearing that bullshit of some sort on you.  Now those pants…

I'm pretty sure I have never owned a piece of clothing with a political message or candidate on it, nor have I ever owned a political bumper sticker.

Now, I proudly rocked a burnt orange "OU Sucks" bumper sticker in college, but that's like one that says "The Sky Is Blue".

2 hours ago, speed817 said:

This shirt.... 🙄

image.thumb.png.eed429f10d2c7f808bbe1bf8bc15afa6.png

These are the intellectuals on our own board who don’t want sports commingled with politics.   Also, it‘s not UT legal, it’s IMG that protects the brand.  Somebody PM his name and he’ll have a cease and desist order that threatens to hurt him financially unless he gives up the shirt Maker.  

in real life; not much anybody could actually do to him legally.  But float the rumor that he’s been selling these at sporting events and making thousands and it could become an issue.  One thing I know about cowards, they cave at the first sign of trouble even if it turns out to be bullshit 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, you try telling Chris Plonsky no and see what happens 

I had a long talk with a guy who has 40,000 different T-shirt designs for sale on Ebay and Etsy.  He lives in Georgetown. The artists for the shirts are in Morocco (of all places) and they steal whatever they want from wherever they want ---- Disney designs/characters etc...  They give no shits about U.S. federal trademarks, let alone state trademarks. They design and print the shirts in Morocco.  They are untraceable and unreachable for all intents and purposes. All he and his wife do is take delivery at their storage warehouse and ship them. He told me they're selling about 1500 T-shirts per day.  Let Plonsky try to go after the Moroccans.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Reminds me of this guy I saw at the Georgia/Auburn game a few years ago. They have to insert it into every part of their lives. IMG_0733_Original.thumb.jpeg.8bbc01b10cd9ec6098d1dda2929c9642.jpeg

Well, those chicken fucking bastards can insert it into every part of their scabies encrusted rectums. That made me feel better. Thanks for listening.

22 hours ago, Pods said:

As with many deplorabe aspects displayed by them, they already have name for this one that they regulary and inaptly apply to non-conservative (pro-republic) persons, "You won't admit the truth because it doesn't support the ebil lib narrative."

spacer.png

It's also very Aggie (Texags version).

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1