The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

I vote for the Jim Jones solution mentioned earlier.  Given the rate at which I see people who were once my friends still defending donald JAIL trump, there is no other hope.

I already commented that I hoped Trump would Jim Jones his cult.  Unfortunately, it is probably the only way.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

I vote for the Jim Jones solution mentioned earlier.  Given the rate at which I see people who were once my friends still defending donald JAIL trump, there is no other hope.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the swing states. Ohio and Texas, Trump won by about 500K each. Fla about 300K. North Carolina, maybe 60K. Iowa, maybe 150K. Texas and Florida have become Red state vote sinks. People from places like Ohio and Iowa are moving to Texas for high wage blue collar jobs. Old white people are retiring to Florida, so I'm ready to write them both off for the foreseeable future. But combine excess covid deaths and net negative migration of a particular type of person to a deep red state and suddenly Ohio and Iowa look interesting.  North Carolina I think flips this cycle on it's natural trajectory. I think Georgia and Arizona stay blue for the same reason. Hold the same states as 2020 and add 33 votes from NC and Ohio, and it's a fucking ass kicking. Hopefully all the way down the ballot. 

Texas and Florida have become havens for conservatives from blue states.  Combine that with Mexicans-Americans and Cuban-Americans voting with the GOP more than expected and I will be very surprised if either of those states is competitive in the next decade.  But your point stands: NC, WI, OH, AZ, GA, and maybe IA could all be competitive or going blue for the foreseeable future, and if even half of those are reliably blue, the GOP is toast, as they’ll never win the presidency and they’ll never control the senate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Texas and Florida have become havens for conservatives from blue states.  Combine that with Mexicans-Americans and Cuban-Americans voting with the GOP more than expected and I will be very surprised if either of those states is competitive in the next decade.  But your point stands: NC, WI, OH, AZ, GA, and maybe IA could all be competitive or going blue for the foreseeable future, and if even half of those are reliably blue, the GOP is toast, as they’ll never win the presidency and they’ll never control the senate.

That depends--are we going to talk about reparations and other stuff that will divide blue votes?  Because Democrats love them some self dick stompage.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

That depends--are we going to talk about reparations and other stuff that will divide blue votes?  Because Democrats love them some self dick stompage.  

That might happen but more often will be the “Rural Conservative Caucus” wielding their power in the House to avoid voting on funding education and  healthcare so they can investigate allegations that the president is a cyborg-alien-pedophile.

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes. It’s always the Democrats ruining everything and being so extreme. 

Meh Chelsea Peretti GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Media easily latches onto fringe-y reparations stuff that is never seriously considered so they can gloss over Republican book banning/burning, draconian abortion bans, banning water breaks for outdoor workers, making child labor legal again, etc. 

No one is saying it's right; it's the fucking media. But it happens. 

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one is saying it's right; it's the fucking media. But it happens. 

We don’t have to amplify their attempts to deflect from what the GOP is doing by criticizing fringe Dems for “reparations.” I can tell you right now, reparations will not be part of the Dem platform in 2024. Book bans, whitewashed history, abortion bans, etc will be the focal point of the GOP platform. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ah yes, that old tired trope. I couldn't find the info I wanted, but these are close. The youngs are voting at the same rate as the olds - or closer than they have in my lifetime - and there are more of them. 18-44 is 36% of the population. 65+ (think of the age range there) is only 17%. Like everything else it's that middle 25% that could make things interesting.

Re 2020 election:
"For citizens ages 18-34, 57% voted in 2020, up from 49% in 2016. In the 35-64 age group, turnout was 69%, compared to 65% in 2016. In the 65 and older group, 74% voted in 2020, compared to 71% in 2016."
https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/record-high-turnout-in-2020-general-election.html#:~:text=For citizens ages 18-34,compared to 71% in 2016.

2021 Census Data
Age structure
Under 18 years    22.2% (2021)[6]
18–44 years    35.9% (2021)[6]
45–64 years    25.2% (2021)[6]
65 and over    16.8% (2021)[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

So if 4M youngins turn 18 before the next election and they vote in at least the same name numbers as 2020, 2024 gonna look pretty dismal for the pubs. I think people forget the missing generation, Generation X, is raising Millenials and Gen Z. You can bet they're not teaching their kids the same bullshit, parroted in the quotes above, they believed forever. Low turnout favors the oppressors. The younger generations already see.

tl;dr: the gop is fucked (and rightfully so)

Making a statistic out of a group of voters from 18-34 and equating that to the voting percentage of people who just turned 18 seems a bit disingenuous,  but sure lets go with that and pretend that 18yr olds and people in their mid 30's are the similar in their civil participation, or that Texans don't become more conservative in their voting as they age.   I would absolutely love for you to be right and I hope 100% of those 4 million 18yr olds vote, but I have been hearing about the incoming threat to Pub rule in Texas for decades so I guess I will throw out old tired tropes to save my sanity until proven otherwise.   The pubs absolutely own Texas and will do whatever it takes to keep it that way regardless of your statistics or demographics.    Texas Republicans terrified??  LOL.

Edited by Horn Dog

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

I would absolutely love for you to be right and I hope 100% of those 4 million 18yr olds vote, 

Again, it's not 4M.  It's close to 4X 4M if you're trying to account for new voters since the 2020 elections.

No comment on how many will vote, and of those what the % will go Biden, but it's not hard to imagine it tilts Biden's way.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We don’t have to amplify their attempts to deflect from what the GOP is doing by criticizing fringe Dems for “reparations.” I can tell you right now, reparations will not be part of the Dem platform in 2024. Book bans, whitewashed history, abortion bans, etc will be the focal point of the GOP platform. 

Me bitching about it on a message board is amplifying their attempts to pick a stupid fucking narrative and seize on it ad nauseum and spew bile and fear into their constituents and viewers? Jesus, many, why didn't you just tell me earlier and I'd have changed my talking points and Fox News would have pivoted from their business model becuase of me. This is basically all your fault, then, if only you'd told me earlier!

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Making a statistic out of a group of voters from 18-34 and equating that to the voting percentage of people who just turned 18 seems a bit disingenuous,  but sure lets go with that and pretend that 18yr olds and people in their mid 30's are the similar in their civil participation, or that Texans don't become more conservative in their voting as they age.   I would absolutely love for you to be right and I hope 100% of those 4 million 18yr olds vote, but I have been hearing about the incoming threat to Pub rule in Texas for decades so I guess I will throw out old tired tropes to save my sanity until proven otherwise.   The pubs absolutely own Texas and will do whatever it takes to keep it that way regardless of your statistics or demographics.    Texas Republicans terrified??  LOL.

A bunch of them will vote, and a bunch of them will do that in a different state.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Me bitching about it on a message board is amplifying their attempts to pick a stupid fucking narrative and seize on it ad nauseum and spew bile and fear into their constituents and viewers? Jesus, many, why didn't you just tell me earlier and I'd have changed my talking points and Fox News would have pivoted from their business model becuase of me. This is basically all your fault, then, if only you'd told me earlier!

And why wouldn't Fox push wedge issues in the next election? They prosper from dividing the population.  

22 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

And why wouldn't Fox push wedge issues in the next election? They prosper from dividing the population.  

That's my point, it's going to fucking happen anyway, regardless of what we bitch about getting media attention online. Asking like the people here rolling there eyes everytime someone points to San Francisco reparations and it getting a fuck ton of news coverage isn't me being the one inhibiting the success of democrats. It's the fucking media conglomorates that do it for us every single time anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

All I heard is "Nancy Mace puts out."

I would hope most 45 year old twice-divorced women do.  Or most 45 year old women.  Or most women.

The hypocrisy is the most beautiful part, followed shortly by the utter tone-deafness.  I mean, I wouldn't say that in a staff meeting, and we've been known to cross plenty of lines.  Idiot.

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Wisconsin rep after he found a bunch of boozed up teenagers.

I read the Van Orden staff and Van Orden were partying in his office. So they were probably drunk too. 

Same rep who checked out all the LGBT books at his local library and refused to return them 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sure reparations won't be part of national 2024 platform but I also wouldn't dismiss it as "fringe". I fully admit that I don't know the ramifications / likelihood of passing but in California there was a state task board that has met and presented recommendations to the state senate including economic reparations. Those weren't defined, as the task force specifically said they weren't able to come up with a number and recommended economists come up with something, but I do think there is something brewing.

Now the word reparations can mean way different things to way different people, but again just wouldn't dismiss it as kooky talk.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was about 15, I went through a stretch where I didn't wash my hair. Nasty lil bastard. Got good n greazzzzy. Another kid made fun of me in class, and I gave in, went home, washed my hair, and developed better hygiene.  

I see that Paul Gosar is stronger willed than I was.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Weddings and funerals.  That’s when I interact with my family members who think like this.  I show up if somebody gets hitched or somebody dies, but that’s it.  We haven’t had a wedding or a funeral in a few years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Gosar giving off "Downfall Hitler" vibes.

God and faith have jackshit to do with drug control strategy.  And I'll bet he voted against every Biden policy that would create employment in his state.  

3 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Sure reparations won't be part of national 2024 platform but I also wouldn't dismiss it as "fringe". I fully admit that I don't know the ramifications / likelihood of passing but in California there was a state task board that has met and presented recommendations to the state senate including economic reparations. Those weren't defined, as the task force specifically said they weren't able to come up with a number and recommended economists come up with something, but I do think there is something brewing.

Now the word reparations can mean way different things to way different people, but again just wouldn't dismiss it as kooky talk.

Well, some numbers have been tossed around.  For California alone this amounts to up to $800 billion (2-3 times the entire CA yearly budget) and somewhere between $1.2 million and $5 million per eligible person in the state.  I'm not aware of a single reputable official who has backed this actually being enacted.  The optics of coming out actively against it wouldn't play well I assume.  I think most politicians are just expecting (and hoping) it will run out of steam.

Just a reminder that Gosar's wife sometimes refers to him as her 'Angel.'  And I would certainly characterize him as a Nazi sympathizer.  And he's a dentist and believes that certain in-demand skills would have served one well in a concentration camp.  And the man he defeated in the 2022 AZ Republican primary is a former Marine and Marathon Runner (Randy Kutz).  

Tell me again, we're living a 6000 year old universe created by a God who speaks to us through Donald Trump.? Or go stream some Dustin Hoffman movies and admit what you know is true.  

Only good news is the software coding has Trump dead inside 18 months.  Only question is how many of his minions will take themselves with him?  

Gosar giving off "Downfall Hitler" vibes.
God and faith have jackshit to do with drug control strategy.  And I'll bet he voted against every Biden policy that would create employment in his state.  
I bet it didn't mention Zues or Xenu either.

16 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Weddings and funerals.  That’s when I interact with my family members who think like this.  I show up if somebody gets hitched or somebody dies, but that’s it.  We haven’t had a wedding or a funeral in a few years.  

oh man the next of either gonna be lit. they've had lots of time to marinate