The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dubious source as Newsweek is nothing now but lol if true. 

At least 75 percent of the state committee, which has just over 100 members, would need to back a motion to remove Karamo as chair, although this could be reduced to a two-thirds threshold if such a move was supported in a separate agenda in a two-thirds vote.

So it’s 3/4 but you could take a separate vote to make it 2/3 that only needs 2/3 to pass.  Ingenious. 

I haven't been in tune with media reliability/sources lately, but let's be honest here: Newsweek can point out the math but the kicker is: can the committee actually perform the mathematical operation? Pretty certain, given the difficulties with addition regarding a certain election that fractions are going to be problematic.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Donald Trump is a man of faith the same way the KKK is a Christian organization. 

He doesn't go to church and couldn't name a bible verse when asked. He is a walking, talking collection of the seven deadly sins. 

These people are so fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 7

A couple of quick points about that poll

1.  It was conducted by the Desert News in Salt Lake City (extremely limited geographically)

2. It polled 1012 respondents (methodology not disclosed, hint old people that answered the phone, in Utah)

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, GenXer said:

A house in my neighborhood had a trump flag up from 2020 until spring of 2022. Then, he took it down and put up a black flag for six months. I wondered if he was a J6’er and decided not to advertise it once the sentences started dropping.

A neighbor of ours had one of those all black American flags up for awhile, luckily they have moved away

https://www.phillyburbs.com/story/opinion/2021/10/27/mychalejko-why-your-neighbor-flying-all-black-american-flag/8565341002/

They’ve been popping up across the country for months, and now they’ve been spotted in Bucks County in places such as Perkasie, Plumstead, Buckingham, and Jamison.

The all-black American flags being flown by so-called local patriots apparently means “no quarter given” and may even imply a willingness to use (lethal) violence against perceived enemies, essentially any non-Trumper who threatens their washed out, retrograde vision of what the U.S. is supposed to look like, how they believe democracy is supposed to function, or what they think freedom is.

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

You'd be hard-pressed to show me the difference between a KKK meeting and a Cowboy Church service. 

Cowboy churches are rarely in the hood.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

A couple of quick points about that poll

1.  It was conducted by the Desert News in Salt Lake City (extremely limited geographically)

2. It polled 1012 respondents (methodology not disclosed, hint old people that answered the phone, in Utah)

That theory doesn't exactly jibe with the results for Mitt Romney.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I dug a little deeper but was somewhat blocked due to paywalls--one blurb around that poll indicated that it was a Deseret News-HarrisX poll.

Tell me more about this Desere't NudeX on the pole.  

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Makes me wonder if many of the respondents believe that the wrong kind of faith (Mormon, Catholic) is the same as no faith. 

I'm now reminded of Onward Christian Soldiers in the hymnal and the congregation being led in it at least twice a month at my tiny Baptist church I attended while growing up.

It takes up a different meaning these days, and I hadn't made that connection until just now.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm now reminded of Onward Christian Soldiers in the hymnal and the congregation being led in it at least twice a month at my tiny Baptist church I attended while growing up.

It takes up a different meaning these days, and I hadn't made that connection until just now.

Same.

25% of Americans believe FBI instigated Jan 6th.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/01/04/fbi-conspiracy-jan-6-attack-misinformation/

“The people that went there to express their views, to support Trump, were peaceful,” said Richard Baum, 61, an independent voter from Odessa, Tex. “The government implants were the violent ones: the FBI, the police people that were put in there, the antifa and BLM hired by George Soros; everybody knows that.”

Richard Baum of Odessa is both a liar and a moron. If anyone knows him, please pass on my comments.

Washpo Jan 6 - Copy.JPG

• Rage+1 2

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/01/04/fbi-conspiracy-jan-6-attack-misinformation/

Richard Baum of Odessa is both a liar and a moron. If anyone knows him, please pass on my comments.

"...an independent voter from Odessa, Texas..."

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

They also had the LGBTQ rainbow version of the American flag (13 stripes and 50 stars).   

I was under the impression that all US flags have 13 stripes and 50 stars? 

• Like 1

There are at least tens of millions of measurable colors on the visible light spectrum to the human eye.  We just narrowed down the rainbow to 7 because Roy wanted it that way.  Him and his progressive agenda.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That theory doesn't exactly jibe with the results for Mitt Romney.

I think it stands up plenty.  Many polls still depend on land lines.  Mitt went against Trump several times, and over a period of 3 years the right wing media has had plenty of time to turn sentiment directly against him.  While he is Mormon, he also was an out of state guy that swooped into Utah to get a win.  I don't think he's ever been nearly as popular there as people might want to believe, he just had (R) by his name the entire time.  

So what you have with this poll are olds with landlines, the people most susceptible to the misinformation spewed out by the maga right, who may well believe that now Mitt Romney is Judas or the anti-Christ.  Once one is out of the Mormon church, it's basically you are dead to us.  Wouldn't surprise me if many have the same attitude towards Mitt.  

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

*rainbow* was the operative word there.  

It was the US flag with rainbow colors instead of red, white, and blue.  

Gotcha, sorry. I was confused by the way it was phrased 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I think it stands up plenty.  Many polls still depend on land lines.  Mitt went against Trump several times, and over a period of 3 years the right wing media has had plenty of time to turn sentiment directly against him.  While he is Mormon, he also was an out of state guy that swooped into Utah to get a win.  I don't think he's ever been nearly as popular there as people might want to believe, he just had (R) by his name the entire time.  

So what you have with this poll are olds with landlines, the people most susceptible to the misinformation spewed out by the maga right, who may well believe that now Mitt Romney is Judas or the anti-Christ.  Once one is out of the Mormon church, it's basically you are dead to us.  Wouldn't surprise me if many have the same attitude towards Mitt.  

Gotcha.  So the guy who beat the living daylights out of McCain in the 2008 primary, a man who subsequently seriously beat down Obama, lost all favor in the state?  Yeah, that makes sense.

Gotcha.  So the guy who beat the living daylights out of McCain in the 2008 primary, a man who subsequently seriously beat down Obama, lost all favor in the state?  Yeah, that makes sense.

The GQP. Has become. A CULT.
It’s not nonsensical when you run it through that filter.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd actually find that to be one of the least insane things about the maga folks.  

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Washpo Jan 6 - Copy.JPG

Yes, 1,024 people in a country of 300 million is a great sample size for an event that was probably seen live or very soon after the fact by millions and millions.  Even if you only say 50 million people were aware of January 6th, that's 0.002048%.

Polls are dumb.

14 hours ago, Red Five said:

I have a tremendous amount of faith that all religions are man-made bullshit. Does that make me a person of faith?

Faith is belief without evidence. There’s copious evidence supporting the observation that religion is a human invention. It doesn’t require faith to see it. One has merely to open one’s eyes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This is correct. 

image.png.f805d8dc126fb96a855c9aaf4e3e4647.png

If these so-called Christians would at least be honest with themselves, I could have some respect for them. I mean that if they would be honest in admitting that Trump is a horrible person but he's the vehicle to get their agenda passed. Instead they want to continue the lie that Trump is some god-like figure that should be emulated.