The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

They think their savior Jesus was a blonde beach bum from California who was wrapped in a red white and blue blanket and his mother Mary kept a .38 special in her purse. That's all the learnin' they ever needed from those teachin' ladies at school.

ha the orange dumb ass isn’t only going to bring down the R party, the NRA, but also American Christianity ….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah, this isn't news, and this is SOP for American Christianity to remake religion to match our nationalist ideals and vice versa. 

Religion is a ghost story used by man for control. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

The American version involves a gun fetish and a prerequisite of white skin color. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/20/politics/michigan-gop-financial-turmoil-infighting-invs/index.html

Michigan GQP pays Jesus too much to speak at conference, continues to be a dumpster fire, likes to divide the party, pretends to be a start-up tech company.  If George Soros was paying them to engage in infighting, it’s money well spent.

The Democrats couldn't have thought up a plan to rival what the MI GOP has done to themselves. Dems would have been non creative with mailers or robocalls that were anti-GOP. Instead the GOP elected just about the worst candidate possible to lead their MI party. genius. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

ha the orange dumb ass isn’t only going to bring down the R party, the NRA, but also American Christianity ….

The very reason why some prefer to be called Christ followers, so as to distinguish themselves from MAGA Christians.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Religion is a ghost story used by man for control. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Small quibble: religion is much more nuanced than that. It’s kind of an amalgamation of a bunch of weird evolutionary quirks, like the net benefit of hyper alertness to the possibility of a nearby unseen agent (which might be a gust of wind in the grass, but might also be a tiger), the ability to mentally plan for a future that does not yet exist (of which an afterlife is a natural extension), and the group survival benefits of the Us/Them dichotomy. 

But I agree with you that it’s all hocus-pocus bullshit and a net detriment to mankind. That’s for damned sure. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore or not.

RDT_20231227_1751423515189016848257352.jpg

The woman in the blue jacket, whose hand is around her arm?

the woman in all white, her legs, what are they doing?

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

BTW:  A client of mine; her brother is currently performing as one of The Village People.  The black motorcycle cop front man is the only original member left. 

Trump: look at my African American village persons over here…

motorcycle cop: “what do you mean, you persons?!?”

Seriously how does a guy with a default dance move of double handjobs (possibly quadruple handjobs according to smart people I know in Silicon Valley), get worshipped as the ultimate man’s man?  

• Haha 2

Bullet #4 says the North sold or smuggled 3,500,000 into the South in 1860.   That's amazing considering that the entire population of slaves in the US was just show of 4,000,000 in 1860!

And the 2nd to last bullet "Many of the slaves thought so much of their owners that they took their last names"!   

WTF?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Bullet #4 says the North sold or smuggled 3,500,000 into the South in 1860.   That's amazing considering that the entire population of slaves in the US was just show of 4,000,000 in 1860!

These are the morons who think millions of children re being trafficked through FEMA tunnels to underground Walmart warehouses..  math and rational thought are not their strong suit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

These are the morons who think millions of children re being trafficked through FEMA tunnels to underground Walmart warehouses..  math and rational thought are not their strong suit.

Well, Walmart is up to some pretty nefarious shit.  

• Haha 2

"Future President Lincoln, we have a problem. These rednecks have such a powerful and hard charging economy, if we don't go down there and kick their asses, we will be ruined. They are poised to wipe out our economy somehow and for some reason. Oh and we also need you to impose a 57%  export tax on states that have already seceded and formed their own country."

- Lincoln advisor in 1860

• Haha 2

I figured it was time to share it. There was a fifty something guy sort of hovering around the area that I had a strong feeling wanted to engage in a lengthy conversation/ diatribe about the Lost Cause and States' Rights.

Yeah, going to pass on that. You've chosen your alternative history. I can read it right here. 

This is what the GQP has become. In light of Haley fumbling the answer to the question I had an example of the voter she fears. He's not going to vote for her. Not with Trump or without him. He wants to go back to when women and POC knew their place. 

• Like 1

Pressler — who formerly represented Houston in the Texas House and served for 14 years as a state appeals court judge — is also an influential figure in GOP politics. His endorsement has for years been sought by conservative evangelical politicians, including U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas. In 1989, Pressler was nominated to lead the Office of Government Ethics under President George H.W. Bush, though the bid was later withdrawn; and Pressler is a founding member of Council for National Policy, a secretive network of conservative judges, politicians, media figures, megadonors and wealthy business owners that is currently led by Tony Perkins, head of the anti-LGBTQ+ Family Research Council.

----

Rollins’ lawsuit also uncovered a 40-year pattern of alleged abuses by Pressler. As part of the suit, a former member of Pressler’s youth group said in a sworn affidavit that Pressler molested him in 1977 while the two were in a sauna at the country club in Houston’s tony River Oaks neighborhood. The man was entering his sophomore year in college at the time; Pressler, meanwhile, was a youth pastor at a Presbyterian church in Houston. He was ousted from that position in 1978 after church officials received information about “an alleged incident,” according to a letter introduced into the court file. Soon after, Pressler ramped up his involvement in Southern Baptist life.

• Rage+1 2

Called Jon Wilke & Jonathan Howe at SBC media relations yesterday.  612-782-6811 & 612-782-8645, respectively.  Said I was Trent Crimm with the Texas bureau of the UK Independent and was inquiring as to whether or not Mr. Pressler acquired his illicit habits from a drag show, grooming, or questionable literature as a young person.  They both said that Mr. Pressler has always fought against child grooming, drag shows, and LGBTQ+ literature in public libraries.  Without any sense of irony.  These people take all the fun out of it lately, they're totally self-aware and still going through the motions anyway.  It's just deflection after deflection after deflection.  There's no sport left in them, just shame and hate.  

But I do honestly wonder what happened to Paul as a child that made him into such a monster.  Most victims live in shame and attempt to sever the vicious cycle, god bless 'em.  This guy decided to make into the pillar of a major religion.  At some point it goes from lashing out because of what was done to you into becoming a full-on demon.  I don't know what moment looks like in a young man's life, but that's a much more valuable manifest than the "We must know the motives of this mass shooter, but for who could possibly know how he could kill so many children so fast?  If only these two assault rifles and discarded magazines could talk.  We may never know!!!"

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Pressler — who formerly represented Houston in the Texas House and served for 14 years as a state appeals court judge — is also an influential figure in GOP politics. His endorsement has for years been sought by conservative evangelical politicians, including U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas. In 1989, Pressler was nominated to lead the Office of Government Ethics under President George H.W. Bush, though the bid was later withdrawn; and Pressler is a founding member of Council for National Policy, a secretive network of conservative judges, politicians, media figures, megadonors and wealthy business owners that is currently led by Tony Perkins, head of the anti-LGBTQ+ Family Research Council.

----

Rollins’ lawsuit also uncovered a 40-year pattern of alleged abuses by Pressler. As part of the suit, a former member of Pressler’s youth group said in a sworn affidavit that Pressler molested him in 1977 while the two were in a sauna at the country club in Houston’s tony River Oaks neighborhood. The man was entering his sophomore year in college at the time; Pressler, meanwhile, was a youth pastor at a Presbyterian church in Houston. He was ousted from that position in 1978 after church officials received information about “an alleged incident,” according to a letter introduced into the court file. Soon after, Pressler ramped up his involvement in Southern Baptist life.

The fact that Jared Woodfill (a former GOP county party chair) is not only running for State Representative but is likely to be the GOP nominee pretty much tells me what the Texas GOP values. 

And Jared Woodfill took this money at the same time he was a prominent anti-LGBTQ activist?  What a fucking hypocrite. 

Jared Woodfill covered up Pressler's sexual abuse of young boys for in exchange for money and political connections. That's morally and ethically reprehensible. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Called Jon Wilke & Jonathan Howe at SBC media relations yesterday.  612-782-6811 & 612-782-8645, respectively.  Said I was Trent Crimm with the Texas bureau of the UK Independent and was inquiring as to whether or not Mr. Pressler acquired his illicit habits from a drag show, grooming, or questionable literature as a young person.  They both said that Mr. Pressler has always fought against child grooming, drag shows, and LGBTQ+ literature in public libraries.  Without any sense of irony.  These people take all the fun out of it lately, they're totally self-aware and still going through the motions anyway.  It's just deflection after deflection after deflection.  There's no sport left in them, just shame and hate.  
But I do honestly wonder what happened to Paul as a child that made him into such a monster.  Most victims live in shame and attempt to sever the vicious cycle, god bless 'em.  This guy decided to make into the pillar of a major religion.  At some point it goes from lashing out because of what was done to you into becoming a full-on demon.  I don't know what moment looks like in a young man's life, but that's a much more valuable manifest than the "We must know the motives of this mass shooter, but for who could possibly know how he could kill so many children so fast?  If only these two assault rifles and discarded magazines could talk.  We may never know!!!"

Trent Crimm is a nice touch.
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 6:27 PM, Gil Bang said:

BTW:  A client of mine; her brother is currently performing as one of The Village People.  The black motorcycle cop front man is the only original member left. 

But they keep grooming new members I see.

• Drool 1