The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

29 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Father with daughters are how you end up a middle aged male TS fan.  Her music was annoying to me at first, but having spent the last 10yrs and thousands of miles driving my daughters around to various club sports tournaments,  her songs were always playing since the copilot controls the radio.   When I started to ask my daughters why they connected to her various songs I started to appreciate how she is helping these kids cope with their shit at various stages in their lives.  Now her songs are a soundtrack to many fond memories of being a dad.   I hope she kicks the shit out of these dickheads trying to fuck with her.    #teamswift

Amen. The music obviously isn't made with me in mind, but it's generally catchy, upbeat, and fun.

I hope she's still going strong when my daughter is looking for role models and "influencers" outside of just her parents and teachers (which is inevitable). Give me someone talented who creates their own music--and takes agency and power over their creation--shows true compassion, stands by her convictions, and is still beautiful/sexy without conforming to the female popstar norm of singing about--and bluntly displaying--sex, ass, and tits.*

Music that probably IS made with creepy older men in mind.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Alabama pulls out of American Library Association

American Library Association Breathes Sigh of Relief at Not Being Forced to Carry Alabama's Three-Headed Inbred Fetus to Term 

Sorry, couldn't help myself 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Governor MeeMaw (as @Bama Chick used to call her) saying she wants more parental supervision in libraries is playing coy. She means she and her like-minded pals want more parents telling other parents exactly what anyone can or cannot read. Considering that 41% of Alabama 4th graders read below grade level, I say put any and all kinds of books in the library. Fat chance very many patrons can read well enough to know what they say.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Governor MeeMaw (as @Bama Chick used to call her) saying she wants more parental supervision in libraries is playing coy. She means she and her like-minded pals want more parents telling other parents exactly what anyone can or cannot read. Considering that 41% of Alabama 4th graders read below grade level, I say put any and all kinds of books in the library. Fat chance very many patrons can read well enough to know what they say.

Unfortunately, this is pretty accurate, all of it.  

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Unfortunately, this is pretty accurate, all of it.  

Oh I know it. Reading opens minds and broadens perspectives and that's dangerous. Everyone on this board knows why slave owners didn't want slaves educated or the Taliban to allow girls to attend school past twelve years. If many Indigenous children had been allowed to remain on the reservation and studied in both their own language and English (or Spanish or French depending), those students would've grown up to accomplish all sorts of things.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Uh oh.  Celebrity war heating up:

The revenue from the sales of diet coke at one show on the Eras tour is surely 10X the amount that will be raised by this fundraising blowout by MAGA's finest.  Shit, maybe just diet sprite.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The revenue from the sales of diet coke at one show on the Eras tour is surely 10X the amount that will be raised by this fundraising blowout by MAGA's finest.  Shit, maybe just diet sprite.

they missed a huge opp not having avocado toast 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Didn't one of these incels "leaders" claim that if one had sex with a woman it made one gay?

The founder of the Proud Boys live-streamed himself shoving a dildo up his ass to prove that he wasn’t gay.

You have prominent “Moms for Liberty” bitching about LBGTQ stuff, all the while engaging in threesomes with other women.  Ashli Babbit or whatever, that got shot on January 6 was in a “throuple” marriage or whatever with a woman and a man.  The list goes on.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hey, don't discount the genius songwriting team of Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.

That was literally like 20 years ago.  He had one album in the late 90's and one song with Sheryl Crow.  Why is he still even relevant?

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Considering that 41% of Alabama 4th graders read below grade level,

So 59% of the kids are at or above now? I am surprised and impressed.

MeeMaw during the Pandemic was a semi-functioning filter against the frat boy reflexes of Republican He-Men. Guess she couldn't let this Comm'nism slide.

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm not much on pop culture and have not knowingly heard a Taylor Swift song. If there's only one that I should listen to on YouTube which one is it?

Spoiler

• Drool 1

46 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That was literally like 20 years ago.  He had one album in the late 90's and one song with Sheryl Crow.  Why is he still even relevant?

he’s not but in trump’s eyes he’s a huge mega star but not a bigger star than trump 

Remember those chicks you went to rock concerts with in the 80s? They all got married, had kids, half of them divorced, and they’re all margarita moms with leopard stretch pants.

Ground zero is his bar in Nashville. Nothing but divorce parties for the 50+ older crowd who NEED to hear a cover band playing Journey.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Macanudo said:

Part of me thinks he's pro-slavery and the other part of the thinks he doesn't understand what pro vs. anti means.  

Yep. And the next day he suddenly looked up from his coffee and said "HELL IT WASN'T EVEN ABOUT SLAVERY."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_2299.gif.3c76a2373ba7556edca4fd09ba73e3ac.gif

Fun Fact: back when me and my buds would sit around killing cheap bottles of bourbon, when I started talkin like that guy ^^^ it was time to cut me off. It's an accent I would have heard as a toddler, and it's just waitin to come out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

Fun Fact: back when me and my buds would sit around killing cheap bottles of bourbon, when I started talkin like that guy ^^^ it was time to cut me off. It's an accent I would have heard as a toddler, and it's just waitin to come out.

So you are old timey??

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I laughed because it's funny. It's not that active warzone known as football that scares noobs, it's the Cabal of Toxic Meanies.

First neg i got as a young pup was in the For Sale section. Shit was vicious back then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Remember those chicks you went to rock concerts with in the 80s? They all got married, had kids, half of them divorced, and they’re all margarita moms with leopard stretch pants.

Ground zero is his bar in Nashville. Nothing but divorce parties for the 50+ older crowd who NEED to hear a cover band playing Journey.

IMG_9028.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 3

Went to the Trump border train rally tonight. I live about ten minutes away so wanted to see what it was like. Whoo boy. It was exactly what you imagine.
Sarah Palin made some shrieking remarks and Ted Nugent said something about how he played guitar in the 80's and if you did not have a gun in both hands you were a homo. His rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was not good. 
Someone had the "pine tree" flag and I asked her which of Washington's frigates commissioned in 1775 she liked the most. She blinked a few times. I changed tact and inquired about which part of John Locke's Second Treatise of Government she found most compelling. Blank stare.
These are not serious people. Their lunacy is waning and I have hope for our republic. I think we can keep it.
That said I enjoyed talking with my Central Texans. We talked sports, family and dogs. These are good people. Let's pray that this too shall pass.

Didja see the banner they had as their backdrop? Didja see the date? These are the dumbest humans to walk the earth since Homo Erectus petered out.

6c9bf378358fdadaef6987dc9c40302c.jpg
  • Haha 4

Yeah I did see that banner but did not pay much attention to that detail. I remember thinking that's a little weird but moved on.

I alternate between being on that ledge with you and being an optimist gump. 

In the end I think these are just children who need their cough medicine and be put to bed for the night.