The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I didn’t read the whole thing, but the article should have been titled “Some Steve King supporter, despite it all, named Mark Leonard, is a dumbass.”

Of course there were plenty of “good men” who fought for the confederacy. So what? They fought for an evil cause. Sometimes “good men” unwittingly do evil things. 

I often wonder what would have happened if Lincoln hadn’t been killed. Would reconstruction have gone differently? Because basically what happened after the civil war was a complete disaster,  for both sides. 

Not really.
It's very obvious the RNC is just shutting down anything that looks like "opposition" to Trump because that is not allowed.  Sorry, but Weld and Walsh are not serious opponents. 
I'd say it has more to do with not having to spend money campaigning in those primaries?

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The stupid... it BURNS

Dear Mr. Kirk,

I sense in you a compassionate being, a person who aches to correct the wrongs in this world. Go East young man, go to Tibet. There you may help persecuted Tibetans; Buddhists who have lost over a million of their brethren. Otherwise, you are simply a stupid bloviator whose outrage is best saved for grainy cell phone videos taken by your staff. Are Christians persecuted? Certainly in some countries, they are. but that isn't what you are talking about now is it Mr. Whatabout Kirk? Go East young man.

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If the national Republican Party had emulated the Texas Republican Party in the mid to late 90s under W, they would have ruled the country like the dems did for 50 years from the 30s into the 80s.

Instead they went absolutely apeshit and eventually elected a complete scumbag to be the president. And have in the process ensured that the dems will rule the country for another 50 years.

Oh well.

Here's a fun article ranking the right wing financial scams.

Modern conservative politics is the Silicon Valley of grifting, with a culture of predation so powerful it has replaced most, if not all of the Republican Party’s interest in governing. As conservative insiders see the threat of a terminal electoral debacle dimming their horizon, they have little reason not to strip this edifice of its pipes and fittings ahead of the bulldozers. There’s always been an odor of scammyness around movement conservatism but here at its end, the sheer breadth of corrupt innovation spreading across the rotting hulk of the GOP is so spectacular as to inspire wonder. What could once be dismissed as the amusing hijinks of a few hucksters has grown into a dangerous culture of corruption that threatens democracy itself.

https://www.politicalorphans.com/one-nation-under-the-hustle-right-wing-financial-scams-ranked/

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are really wanting to drive up voter turnout next year.  It’s 9/11, how fucking despicable do you have to be to skip the ceremony so you can rush a vote?

Republicans are as despicable as it gets.   But how stupid do Dems have to be to trust anything a Republican says at this point? 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 8:34 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Education leads to liberals.  

GOP going full planet of the Apes 

We must end the tyranny of fancy book learnin' and mine'n ain't not never gonna go no way near no gottang book readin' and queer schoolin' college nonsense. My daddy taught me to split wood and I learnt all I need'n learn'n from that there. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chooky said:

We must end the tyranny of fancy book learnin' and mine'n ain't not never gonna go no way near no gottang book readin' and queer schoolin' college nonsense. My daddy taught me to split wood and I learnt all I need'n learn'n from that there. 

And we can build bridges with logs, we don't need none of those fancy civil engineer (sounds like civil engiqueer doesn't it?) folks.  My great-grandpappy did just fine using bridges made out of wood.

The GOP surprise-assaulted American democracy on 9/11.

Once again, reality is dumber than fiction. This has got to be example 1,000 at least of "if this were pitched by a writer for a fictional story he'd be laughed out of the office for being a talentless hack."

Edited by wildcat09

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The GOP has made a bet that Republican voters are too stupid and too loyal to betray their party.  So far so good. 

If Bill Marriot weren't 87, he'd probably be running for President based on this. 

3 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Republicans are as despicable as it gets.   But how stupid do Dems have to be to trust anything a Republican says at this point? 

Exactly. It's like in PE class when Coach says no 'head shots' in dodgeball and the Republican kid hits a Democrat in the head and the Democrat complains to the coach who looks over at the Republican who smirks out a, 'sorrrreeeee.' Democrats better brush up on their playground warfare because the nastiness hasn't even got all that bad yet.

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult