The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Looking forward to the "Money Bag Shirt Guy" taking over the reins of the Koch family eventually ...

Edited by Gap03
Realized this is Bill Koch's son, not David's ...

In other GOP news

Yes the same sexting with underage boys Mark Foley

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-mark-foley-post-scandal-trump-republican-20190823-lsaesyt5yrfiba4afvyjh2lcz4-story.html

Mark Foley was a popular South Florida congressman until he resigned in disgrace more than a decade ago, rocking the Republican Party and leaving it tarnished.

He’s now enjoying a political renaissance among South Florida Republicans who admire his political skills, applaud his community service, and like his support for President Donald Trump.

This is the reason the Kochs have been trying to destroy government:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/04/10/oil-company-agrees-to-pay-20-million-in-fines/4efef0ee-e00d-4557-85e1-d8b92b6adcf8/

Under the deal filed yesterday in U.S. District Court in Corpus Christi, Koch Petroleum agreed to plead guilty to one count of concealment of information and to pay $10 million in criminal fines and $10 million for community service programs.

Koch admitted disconnecting a system used to control benzene emissions without notifying federal or Texas environmental authorities, and then to building a bypass system and a special smokestack to get rid of benzene vapors, according to court documents and federal officials.

the jan 25, 2018, episode of the uncertain hour has an interview with koch's counsel going into the background of the kochs' war on government.

Edited by elfenix

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The GOP better hope their base is too dumb to pick up on Trump and Co. wanting to cut Social Security and their medical.

They are.   They were and are still too dumb to pick up on Trump and Co. wanting to take away their Obamacare, and that's been trumpeted as loudly as you can promise to do anything.

I remember an interview early on with a woman in ill health who only had health insurance and medical care because of Obamacare but who still voted for Trump.  The interviewer asked, how can you have voted for someone who promises to get get rid of your health insurance?  Her response was, "oh he would never actually do it!   We depend on it too much, they can't really take it away." 

This was it, I remember her getting scared at the end when the interviewer made her actually confront the cognitive dissonance:

https://www.vox.com/2016/12/13/13901874/obamacare-trump-voter-health-insurance-repeal

Sarah Kliff

Are you surprised how much Republicans are talking about repeal?

Debbie Mills

No.

Sarah Kliff

Did you expect — do you think they'll do it, or do you think it'll be too hard?

Debbie Mills

I'm hoping that they don't, ’cause, I mean, what would they do then? Would this go away? I mean, I mean, will the insurance? It will go away?

Sarah Kliff

It will go, if they repeal it. I mean, it’ll … that's what they promised to do in so many elections.

Debbie Mills

Right, so, I don't know … I don't know what we'll do if it does go away.

Sarah Kliff

Do you think if it does go away, you'll regret your vote in any way? Thinking, “I voted for this person who took away my health insurance.” Or … it's like, that's one of so many things, like you said, jobs, the economy?

Debbie Mills

I don't know. I guess I thought that, you know, he would not do this. That they would not do this, would not take the insurance away. Knowing that it's affecting so many people’s lives. I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot … purchase, cannot pay for the insurance?

You know, what are we to do?

So I don't know. Maybe he's thinking about, you know, the little people that are not making the big money, like what they make in New York and Washington and all the places that, you know, this is not, you know, something — this is people’s lives that's being affected.

Byrd Pinkerton

Yeah. Going into it, did you hear him talking about his health care promises, or was it not something that came up in his ads or debates for you?

Debbie Mills

Um, no, I guess we really didn't think about that, that he was going to cancel that or change that or take it away. I guess I always just thought that it would be there. I was thinking that once it was made into a law that it could not be changed, but I guess it can? Yes?

Sarah Kliff

It can be changed.

Debbie Mills

Okay.

Sarah Kliff

Did you feel like you heard them talking about Obamacare repeal in the campaign?

Debbie Mills

Well, we did hear him talking about it some, that he was going to, but like I said, I always just thought that he was, if he changed it, it would be that it would be some other form of health insurance that he would have.

Sarah Kliff

No, I totally understand. During the debates, Trump was the one saying, “I'm going to cover everybody.”

Debbie Mills

I don't know. I guess the next four years is going to be different. I don't know what to look for. 

You're scaring me now, on the insurance part.

’Cause I have been in a panic, so I'm afraid now that the insurance is going to go away and we're going to be up a creek.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult