The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Exactly. It's like in PE class when Coach says no 'head shots' in dodgeball and the Republican kid hits a Democrat in the head and the Democrat complains to the coach who looks over at the Republican who smirks out a, 'sorrrreeeee.' Democrats better brush up on their playground warfare because the nastiness hasn't even got all that bad yet.

More like a PE class where a republican full grown adult interrupts a game of dodgeball to slit a kids throat and walks away. Dems left stammering “that...that isn’t how you play dodgeball.”

• Like 2

Honest question, who is the legitimate future of the GOP?

I thought it might be Hurd, but he appears to tapping out. Crenshaw is younger, but I don't see anyone taking him seriously?

I don't know who's out there nationally, but it seems like the best young GOP minds are the Ben Shapiro types. And that's a damn shameful place to be.

I thought it might be Hurd, but he appears to tapping out. Crenshaw is younger, but I don't see anyone taking him seriously?

I don't know who's out there nationally, but it seems like the best young GOP minds are the Ben Shapiro types. And that's a damn shameful place to be.

Ben Shapiro is too good for the modern GOP.
Yes, you read that right.

43 minutes ago, tchookem said:

DeSantis 2024 is my guess. He's 41. And he's full on Trump gurgler, so unless the GOP totally repudiates the tenets of Trumpism, he's the frontrunner.

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

DeSantis 2024 is my guess. He's 41. And he's full on Trump gurgler, so unless the GOP totally repudiates the tenets of Trumpism, he's the frontrunner.

Because electoral politics will require it, watching Republicans attempt to untangle themselves from Trumpism is going to be very entertaining.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Let me introduce you to my latent white supremacist friend Josh Hawley.   He’s 39, has degrees from Stanford and Yale and he beat worthless Claire McCaskill back in November for US Senator from Missouri.  This is a dangerous dude. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If the ass-kicking is even half-as-bad as predicted, anybody who fully hitched their wagon to Trump will not be looked upon kindly by the BMDs.  This isn't a situation like 1992 where George H. W.'s people weren't seen as toxic/part of the problem - many of those fuckers easily came back in 2000 with W.

Hurd would be a natural (and no, not because of he's black, although that would certainly be a huge benefit in some ways), and I do wonder if he and some of the others who are bailing before 2020 are bowing out now, so that they can come out in 2022/2024 as relatively untainted.  

They aren't going to have to go on record about Trump in 2020, and they aren't going to have to defend him or take a stance during next year's campaigns. 

People like Crenshaw could have easily been seen as the future of the GOP,  but they went full-on Trumpkin, and don't appear capable of thinking for themselves.

Some of the Republicans currently out of office, and who are bashing Trump through various articles/editorials/tweets/etc. could easily maneuver themselves into positions of power.

The BMDs are going to want folks who can win elections, and who aren't bringing the toxicity that Trump and his supporters are.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let me introduce you to my latent white supremacist friend Josh Hawley.   He’s 39, has degrees from Stanford and Yale and he beat worthless Claire McCaskill back in November for US Senator from Missouri.  This is a dangerous dude. 

Yeah.  I actually know the guy (from about a decade ago, not recently) and he's a future Republican presidential candidate for sure.  Think Ted Cruz with a Patrick Bateman instead of Zodiac killer vibe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Beto taking a play directly fro Our Lord and Savior’s playbook.  Of course Cornyn has no ability to recognize it.   Fake Christians ruin Christianity.  

The Old Testament ruined Christianity. Fake Christians just get to pick and choose which of the awful things the Bible advocates they follow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

It's hilarious that, while mocking the stupidity of others, even after editing his post he still misspelled "deliberate." The self-ownage is fantastic.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

47th President Liz Cheney, Josh Hawley, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr, Crenshaw.

Their bench is actually really deep.

Within another cycle or two, we will start to see 50+ people running for one party’s nomination.  The cost isn’t that high pre-primaries. Or at least it can be low given social media and cable news.  Which will only encourage outrageous behavior. 

There is little downside for someone with a decent social media following to run. 

44 minutes ago, Chooky said:

George Will:  Collectivist and distributive economic plans might very likely be a gradual necessity twenty years from now, with careful implementation of course, but current market infrastructure will provide poor to a non existent transition to such a reactionary shift in policy.

Current GOP:  They're soytarded, cuck fags, right?

George Will:   Uh, well ...

Current GOP:  And if those tardo pussies think they're gonna take my guns they'll get a bullet right in the fucking face!

George Will:  Sure, uh, interesting sound bite from candidate O'Rourke, for instance, to coincide with your concerns there.  From a strategy perspective, presidential campaigns based on "what I'll take from you" rather than "what I'll do for us" is a disadvantaged leverage point, regardless of the context within the issue.  In spite of overwhelming polling data, even among conservative circles, that was a poor presentation and I imagine we'll see him walk back such an aggressive and overbearing appearance.

Current GOP:  They're all faggots!  They can eat a bag of dicks!

George Will:  I'm gonna go grab my sixth glass of scotch and drink it on the drive home.  You guys take it easy.  Good luck. 

giphy.gif

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult