The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

It’ll be okay. They’ll still be able to sing kumbaya about how brown people are a threat to our way of life. All will be fine.

Hate always wins. Remember that.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Patrick really must have seen some interesting poll numbers, or is getting feedback from donors, or something.  This is far too bold for him normally.  

Dan Patrick may be a former woman who hates himself but even he knows that the Texas suburban soccer moms have had enough of buying little junior Mason or Jayden a bulletproof backpack and he’s taking a few baby steps to try to control the damage no matter what a bunch of small dicked open carry AK idiots may think. Not gonna work though. Oh well. 

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Dan Patrick may be a former woman who hates himself but even he knows that the Texas suburban soccer moms have had enough of buying little junior Mason or Jayden a bulletproof backpack and he’s taking a few baby steps to try to control the damage no matter what a bunch of small dicked open carry AK idiots may think. Not gonna work though. Oh well. 

I actually think the Texas GOP saw what happened in the 2018 midterms and are moving towards the center - they recognize they needed to do this or lose the suburbs permanently.

In the 2019 Legislative session, there was no talk of a bathroom bill and the public schools got a shitload of new money - without the GOP getting bitchslapped (and losing a number of seats in the US House and Texas House) in 2018, that probably doesn't happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That is pretty rad to me. 

I enjoyed these responses.

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

“Yet you participate in society.  Curious!”

The strawman fallacy: "Democrats don't want you to eat meat! And they're trying to take away your Kingsford Charcoal!" Huh?

The two wrongs make a right / hypocrite fallacy: Democrats want to cut fossil fuels, but grill steaks. Ergo, fossil fuels don't hurt the environment!

On 9/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

P6eSru.gif

You mofo.  I had this on my phone and was waiting for it to load on a crowded metro.  Gazing out the window, I finally looked down to find this gem prancing around and thought furk, the woman next to me now thinks I'm into old fat dudes in bathing suits. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You mofo.  I had this on my phone and was waiting for it to load on a crowded metro.  Gazing out the window, I finally looked down to find this gem prancing around and thought furk, the woman next to me now thinks I'm into old fat dudes in bathing suits. 

She isn’t wrong.
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, Biff Tannen said:

This is a really weird way to try and get into the movie biz.  Call me crazy, but I think she probably has the money and connections to make that move if she wants, without blowing anyone.  Kid Rock must be talking from personal experience.

I know this is an old post, but I would like to add that Taylor Swift's net worth dwarfs Kid Rock's.

19 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Was she hot?  Did it ruin your chances?

Because if it did, she's probably not that cool anyhow.

59 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Was she hot?  Did it ruin your chances?

Because if it did, she's probably not that cool anyhow.

It ruined my chances of presenting myself as a decent human being for anyone crammed around my seat.  Made me laugh though.  Fully what I deserve for reading Surly in public.

6 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

It ruined my chances of presenting myself as a decent human being for anyone crammed around my seat.  Made me laugh though.  Fully what I deserve for reading Surly in public.

If I had a nickel for every time I looked over my shoulder before opening Surly in public...

The Washington Post reported that nearly 40% of the 241 Republican House members who served in the 115th Congress which started in January 2017 are no longer in Congress. With more retirements coming and some lost elections in 2020, that number will be over 50% by the time the 117th Congress starts in 2021.

In the four years that follow that percentage could hit 70-80% (just a rough estimate).

The Senate is more stable due to the longer terms but even they will likely see close to a 50% loss of Republican Senators who served in the 115th Congress by January 2023.

2018-2019: McCain, Flake, Corker, Kyle, Hatch, Heller; Announced retirements for end of term : Roberts, Enzi, Alexander, Isakson, Burr, Johnson, Expected Retirements: Inhofe, Grassley, Shelby

2020: Collins, Gardner, Tillis, Ernst, McSally (who was not in the 115), and others to be named later, hopefully

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult