The movie you just watched

F250

Bottoms in theaters. Really fucking funny and stupid in a good way. Ayo and Rachel Sennott are hilarious, and Cindy Crawford’s 22 yo daughter is what you would expect of Cindy Crawford’s 22yo daughter.

No Hard Feelings, J Law’s new comedy. Not perfect but really funny at times; worth a watch.

Shampoo on Mubi - holy shit I fucking loved this movie. How have I never seen this? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Omfg. Rotflmfao.

Strays, rented it. My stomach hurts I laughed so hard. Talking dogs Will Ferrell and Jamie Foxx on a quest to bite an asshole dog owner’s (Will Forte) dick off.

If you thought sausage party or anchorman was funny you'll love it.

Wife won’t watch as it’s not yet listed on Does the Dog Die? So, does a dog die or get hurt?

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Wife won’t watch as it’s not yet listed on Does the Dog Die? So, does a dog die or get hurt?

Couple of years ago around Christmas my wife fired up A Dog's Purpose.

She said, "I don't think the dog dies in this one"

SPOILER ALERT:

the dog dies several times.  the dog dying is basically the plot.

Post probably belongs in Stupid Shit Wives....

On 9/7/2023 at 10:21 PM, BearSchlong said:

Omfg. Rotflmfao.

Strays, rented it. My stomach hurts I laughed so hard. Talking dogs Will Ferrell and Jamie Foxx on a quest to bite an asshole dog owner’s (Will Forte) dick off.

If you thought sausage party or anchorman was funny you'll love it.

Wife and I saw it in the theaters on whim. She was expecting "Homeward Bound." Boy was she surprised.

Soon as I saw Will Forte I knew it was gonna be pretty raunchy.

Laughed my ass off.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 4:36 PM, nineliveslost said:

nope. second leg of a flight and for some reason (part delirium) i saw it and said fuck it lets watch this. . . It has changed how I view life. It moved me and I could not help myself getting chocked up watching it. 

Really, what is important when we are gone? what do we leave behind? what matters?

Wouldn’t have watched this but for the recommendation but it was great.  Bill Nighy has always been fantastic in anything he’s been in, and the length was spot on.  Thanks for the suggestion.  It does make you think of legacy in a slightly different way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Easy Riders and Raging Bulls. Documentary about the director movement of late 60s and 70s featuring Coppola, Scorsese, Lucas, Spielberg, Bogdanovic, Hopper, Ashby and others.  My favorite movie decade was the 70s but the documentary was just ok and not really insightful. Maybe the book was better. 

On 9/17/2023 at 4:03 AM, RPM said:

A Million Miles Away

Biopic of NASA Astronaut (and migrant farm worker) Jose Hernandez starring Michael Pena. Amazon. Great story 7/10.

We watched it last night.  Good enough to see once just to see how determined he was.  The occasional funny bits/lines were scattered into the movie at the right times.  Micheal Pena and Rosa Salazar both did a good job with their roles.  Adela is the real hero.  She most definitely had her hands full.  Recommended.

Additionally, one afterthought:  A great scene where Adela tells Jose "I'm sorry for what is about to happen" was pure greatness.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Retirement Plan. This was as Nic Cage a movie as you’ll get. Total B movie, but none of this deters him from taking the role. At least Ernie Hudson got a paycheck out of this. I mostly wanted to just laugh during the fight scenes, but whatever. Cage will do stuff like this as long as someone will pay him to do so. 

10 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Cage will do stuff like this as long as someone will pay him to do so. 

Who wouldn't?

I recall Michael Caine being in movie after movie in the 80s including Jaws: The Revenge, a real stinker. When asked at the time about his reputation, he said something to the effect that as you get older, you realize your earning power will decline. He was getting a million dollars per film at the time, and it's hard to turn that down.

An actor like Caine or Cage attached to a project will draw money and some level of audience. Probably the only reason you hear about most of the shitty movies is because their names on them.

I've watched a couple of low budget-big star movies on Netflix. One had Bruce Willis as a detective retired to a lakehouse the other had Angelina Jolie as a forest fire fighter. Awful. The only interesting thing was seeing how few locations the stars appeared in and how little time it took for them to do their parts.

I'm looking a little closer at such movies now.

ETA I just looked at your post again. "The Retirement Plan"  is perfect for why these actors appear in these dogs.

Edited by RomaVicta

On 9/16/2023 at 5:37 PM, RomaVicta said:

Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation. 

Still makes me laugh. Some of it's dated, but so much of it is funny.

James Stewart and Maureen Ohara.

Bratty little kid: I HATE Boom-Pah!

Mama Llama, Baby Llama and I have “must watch through to the end” anytime our lives intersect with Mr. Hobbs.

Hobbs’s overdramatized narration is so fine, especially the lost at sea scene.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/13/2023 at 10:56 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Robert Rodriguez’s Desperado. I had forgotten what a babe Selma Hayek was back in the day. 

Hayek was and is gorgeous, si, but back in 1996  my wife and daughter were so hot for Antonio Banderas and kept the Blockbuster VHS tape version so long we had to buy the fucking thing. I might add, they secretly kept the tape.

Kind of went gown a rabbit hole to watch this one. Saw Ryan Reynolds on a Top Gear rerun and they showed a clip of Ryan and Denzel Washington. I didn't remember this pre-Deadpool movie so I hunted it down. Solid. Reynolds shows some serious action star chops.

• Like 1

Saw Barbie yesterday. Liked it a lot.  I thought it was funny and clever. 

Varsity Blues.  This and American Pie are two of the movies that take me back to my college days more than any others. 

My wife is repulsed by both of them so when they're on I usually get the room to myself