Tennessee Vols player quits at the half

Elmer_Fudd

32 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Update: Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt has clarified that Sapp did not “quit” the team at halftime, but was asked to leave the field after he refused to go into the game. His future with the team is up in the air.

Cool.

he didnt quit he just refused to play. 

also they didn’t lose they just ran out of time

got it.

• Like 1

Like I said on the other thread, I moved back from Knoxville a year too early.

I'm not sure I ever went a day wearing something Texas where someone didn't comment about the "real UT" thing.  Seriously.  Every.  Single.  Time.  In retrospect, I should have somehow worked in the Don Draper line about, "We never think about y'all or your 'real UT' claim".

Update: Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt has clarified that Sapp did not “quit” the team at halftime, but was asked to leave the field after he refused to go into the game. His future with the team is up in the air.

Refusing to go in the game, especially when you are getting your ass kicked, is quitting. Dress it up in coach speak all you want, but the dude quit.

19 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Refusing to go in the game, especially when you are getting your ass kicked, is quitting. Dress it up in coach speak all you want, but the dude quit.

That team would have been so much better with Mike Leach at the helm, as the fired AD was about to sign him to the Vols, as I understand the rumor...

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Like I said on the other thread, I moved back from Knoxville a year too early.

I'm not sure I ever went a day wearing something Texas where someone didn't comment about the "real UT" thing.  Seriously.  Every.  Single.  Time.  In retrospect, I should have somehow worked in the Don Draper line about, "We never think about y'all or your 'real UT' claim".

I had the same thing happen in Colorado years ago. 

I'm a Tennessee fan. The real UT.

Yeah. Tennessee is a great state. They're likely wouldn't be a Texas without Tennessee.

And that orange you guys have, it's not like ours--

You mean you can't see it from space?

The guy cracked up and all that shit ended. Nice guy, actually.

I'd never heard of this rivalry with Tennessee, either. Sorta surprising.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I live somewhere between Nashville and Knoxville. 

It comes up and I throw out a pre-emptive "Yeah yeah the "fake" UT". It it continues, I'll throw a Boone liking Texas better comment in there somewhere.

Right now, the Vols fans aren't talking much shit.

Admit it, you are how Crab Orchard got it's name?

16 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I live somewhere between Nashville and Knoxville. 

It comes up and I throw out a pre-emptive "Yeah yeah the "fake" UT". It it continues, I'll throw a Boone liking Texas better comment in there somewhere.

Right now, the Vols fans aren't talking much shit.

Crockett. Boone liked Kentucky better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

Sounds like an ocean of bullshit