Reports saying Mike Stoops has been let go

Hornius Emeritus

3 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Wow, they're not investing much money in their staff, huh.

Nope.....

Sooners coaches salary from new contracts:

Riley: $4.8 million (up from 3.1m)
Stoops: $950k (920k)
McNeill: $570k (560k)
Bedenbaugh: $625k (535k)
Cooks: $500k (475k)
Gundy: $500k (430k)
Boulware: $435k (400k)
Kish: $400k (370k)
Simmons: $400k (350k)
Thibodeaux: $320k (260k)

— Eric Bailey (@EricBaileyTW) June 19, 2018

Shane Beamer, who is entering his first season, will make $435,000 annually.

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol. I was nodding in agreement until you went into Mack being some kind of Boss.  

No no. That’s the kicker. Mack stinking Brown is living large while the stoops family will be cleaning toilets in a trailer park. Karma has a mean streak and it’s not even handed. It’s worse for sooner bitches. 

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  No.  Mike is that fucking bad.  

He is. I laughed in people’s faces about it yesterday. Sorry, not sorry. 

I’ll be a mensch and point out that you still have Bennie Wylie in staff. He’s going to rot your program slowly and steadily from the inside. Haha!

Mike Stoops is a wonderful DC and any team would be lucky to have him apart of their squad. OU just needs to give him more time to recruit and develop the players that will match the style of play their Head Coach wants. They will turn the corner and be back on top defensively within 2-3 years on the level exceeding Bama playing against north tulsa technical.

20 minutes ago, fellside said:

Their secondary is awful.  For the first time this century it feels like, I can't name any of their linebackers after the RRS.  I wasn't worried about a single dude on their defense.

Oklahoma is going to be a dumpster fire after Kyler and Brown leave, and Riley decides to take an NFL job.

Kenneth Murray is the only one I remember and mostly because he would have been out if Strong had given him an offer during the summer, reports said he would have committed on the spot.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Some other dipshit okie coach ain't going to give those guys more heart. They got their will broken sometime in the 3rd quarter. No matter what the play call, weak slow DL, hillbilly LBs, and short DBs that can't tackle ain't gonna get it done.

Fuck stoops

Fuck OU

Watching Johnson and Humphrey just tower over their DBs and manhandle them like a bunch of tiny little bitches was eye opening.  And hilarious.

I sincerely hope it's OU we play again in the completely unnecessary and ill conceived B12 CCG, because I have zero doubt that the next time we play them, the 21-point lead will stick.  And then some.

48 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

What Lincoln won't ever understand is that the offense and defense need to be in unison.  Meaning that they need to actually be cognizant of running clock to rest the defense and dedicate time in pracrice to work on defense.  Air raid and Briles offenses lead to leaky defenses. 

If Mike Stoops had balls he’d punch Lincoln Riley  on the sideline.

LightFaroffGalapagossealion-max-1mb.gif

Jesus those Okies are amazing.  Beat Texas and they cancel class. Lose and they fire a million-dollar DC legacy whose brother has a statue.  

It’s even funnier that just two days ago those idiots were all saying over and over that “our fight song doesn’t mention Texas -shows how much more Texas cares”.  Never mind that their fight song only has two words and that we kept explaining that the words to our song were “make ‘em eat shit” for every other game.  

Edited by Liquor and Poker

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Watching Johnson and Humphrey just tower over their DBs and manhandle them like a bunch of tiny little bitches was eye opening.  And hilarious.

I sincerely hope it's OU we play again in the completely unnecessary and ill conceived B12 CCG, because I have zero doubt that the next time we play them, the 21-point lead will stick.  And then some.

OU's defense is undersized overall and relies on quickness.  The corners have adequate height but are a bit light, both 6' and 175-180 lbs.  The size problem in the secondary is at SS and nickel.  They're playing Broyles at "strong safety" and he's 5'10" 167 at a position that usually has quite a bit of run support responsibility.  The nickel is 5'10" 175.  Only FS Haughton is anywhere close to 200 lbs.  One reason their secondary had trouble with the power running is that Sam and Keontay had 50 pounds or more on them.

I thought Ruffin McNeill did a good job at Tech under Leach and then as a HC at ECU?
And Diaco was once the best DC in the country at ND, before flaming out at UCONN
Both of these dudes would be huge upgrades for OU. 
McNeill did pretty well at ECU with his predecessors recruits, but his team got progressively worse until he ultimately got canned..

Not worried.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They don’t need to be good. They just need to not be the worst.  Mike is very likely the worst offensive or defensive coordinator in all of college football.  

Bob still has quite the presence at OU...he’s constantly peeking in on operations, ‘hey guys, you aren’t going to do anything stupid like fire my retarded brother are you?’  Fuck off Bob.  

Bob Stoops said on FOX pregame show Saturday that he sat in on some of the Offensive meetings this year, but not the Defensive meetings...

Edited by LTtxfan

I have to wonder if little stoops just assumed hed be fired when Bob  quit and is surprised it took this long. In my mind this was like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer shows up at an office and starts working there, and just carries crackers in his briefcase.    Then they fire him because he he sucks, and he says "I don't even really work here".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1