2024 Solar Eclipse - never too early to get ready

Wally Fairway

5 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I flipped on that NASA youtube stream of eclipse coverage, and the host goes, about all the large gatherings of people, "it's kind of like a sporting event. So let me ask you, who's the GOAT today, the moon or the sun?"...

I now hate eclipses.

You can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it.

6 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I flipped on that NASA youtube stream of eclipse coverage, and the host goes, about all the large gatherings of people, "it's kind of like a sporting event. So let me ask you, who's the GOAT today, the moon or the sun?"...

I now hate eclipses.

Some ditz on local news this morning is interviewing these two intelligent young female scientists and goes to one of them "and she's a scientist studying astrology - with a focus on the sun"

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Posted (edited)

Don't read the KXAN forecast for the next 2 hours if you don't wanna be disserpointieyed.*

(*of course, they could be wrong, just like Spencer has been for about 80% of this forecast).

Edited by phdhorn

9 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I now hate eclipses.

OMG, the NASA TV coverage is as bad as you indicated..."Let's take a look at how the people of Kerrville have been preparing."  No, let's not.   It's like when Olympic TV coverage cuts to human interest stories rather than covering, I don't know, maybe Olympic Events.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Clouds so thick here in central Austin, can't even find the sun with or without glasses.

No sooner I post that then we got a little break in the thickness and can see the eclipse.

Come on good fortune at 1:36!