In case you forgot how amazing 2005 was...

Honeysucklerose

4 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Side note, I am pretty sure they also covered every game that year except aggy. And the money line in the Rose Bowl was the bet of the decade. Betting on Vince Young always paid. 

They also did not cover vs Okie st.  I believe those were the only 2. 

Random memory most never talk about... KU game was supposed to be revenge game for KU because what happened in 04. If i recall correctly the game before it ran over so the UT game was shown "in progress". I was in LV so maybe it was different for us West Coasters. Anyway game was 21-0 in like the first 10 minutes. By the time the game was "on" it was already well in hand. That is the type of firepower that team was capable of.  

Jamaal is not in the league, Robinson was cut.

That D was carried by 5 NFL DBs, one of the greatest secondaries in CFB history, maybe 2nd best to Miami's.  The LBs could have been better had UT retained Garnet Smith and Michael Williams a  DE/LB with freakish ability. 

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Jamaal is not in the league, Robinson was cut.

That D was carried by 5 NFL DBs, one of the greatest secondaries in CFB history, maybe 2nd best to Miami's.  The LBs could have been better had UT retained Garnet Smith and Michael Williams a  DE/LB with freakish ability. 

Jamaal's back. Jags picked him up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I think Charles made the best play that entire season against Ohio State, when he fell down, got up, hurtled some Ohio State player, and tackled A.J. Hawk before Hawk could score a TD.  That turned out to be huge.

Pretty sure that was Ramonce

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

Office a little dusty this AM.  I remember every game.  I was at most of them.  I remember USC...my pregnant wife screaming and jumping up and down on the bed.  Me, having my ENTIRE bottom lip lined with Copenhagen.  Like a civil war infantry soldier with a flint/breech loader, engulfed with the fog of war, who mistakenly who loads cartridge on top of cartridge on top of cartridge out of habit and fear.....I kept packing my bottom lip until I looked like I had been attacked by bees!

“‘Fourth down, for the national title. Young, going for the corner ... he’s got it.’”

• Like 2

I saw some ESPN YouTube video where machines put that team as the greatest of the BCS era, all I have to say is that re: Miami 2001 is that they are #2 and that has nothing to do with their NFL talent. 

Edited by linux
Blah

3 minutes ago, linux said:

I saw some ESPN YouTube video where machines put that team as the greatest of the BCS era, all I have to say is that re: Miami 2001 is that they are #2 and that has nothing to do with their NFL talent. 

Unlike 2005 Texas, Miami never really got tested. I think 2005 Texas would have made just of short work out of 2001 Virginia Tech and 2001 Nebraska.  Would 2001 Miami have beaten a team like 2005 Ohio State or 2005 USC? We don't know since they never played a team like that, they just beat up on a bunch of mediocrities.

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Unlike 2005 Texas, Miami never really got tested. I think 2005 Texas would have made just of short work out of 2001 Virginia Tech and 2001 Nebraska.  Would 2001 Miami have beaten a team like 2005 Ohio State or 2005 USC? We don't know since they never played a team like that, they just beat up on a bunch of mediocrities.

Pretty sure they need a miraculous Ed Reed strip and return of his own teammate in order to escape a very mediocre Boston College team that year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

Joel Klatt just got a headache again, from us watching this video.

Klatt's a bitch.

His newfound Stockholm Syndrome is suprising.

Has there ever been a more lopsided conference championship game ever? B1G has had some lopsided contests, but damn. 70-3? I mean, we could have scored 100+ that game.

7 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Side note, I am pretty sure they also covered every game that year except aggy. And the money line in the Rose Bowl was the bet of the decade. Betting on Vince Young always paid. 

I wonder if aggy treated that like the Clemson / Bama covers this year

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Klatt's a bitch.

His newfound Stockholm Syndrome is suprising.

Has there ever been a more lopsided conference championship game ever? B1G has had some lopsided contests, but damn. 70-3? I mean, we could have scored 100+ that game.

Texas stopped playing in the second half. 100 plus points would have been easy.

10 hours ago, JoseMedinaDeJesus said:

That was a great football team.   I don't know if there is another team from any year, that could beat them in a best of 7.

Best team I've ever seen. Just freakishly good everywhere you look.

one thing that always boggles my mind is that if you start with the final play of the 1st half of the OK State game through the Baylor game til halftime of the KU game, Texas scored 152 unanswered points (38, 62, 52).    Not to mention another 56 unanswered  point run against Colorado in a 19 minute stretch of the 2nd and 3rd quarters...Texas had 70 with over half of the 3rd quarter remaining 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2