2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

"We're against domestic violence."

"Here is Urban Meyer in the playoff!"

After seeing the story they had on Tua yesterday, I don’t really thing ESPN cares about that stuff. They portrayed it as  loving father wanted the best for his child.

Edited by texaslong

It’s strange how last night the discussion was all OU vs Georgia and now there is such a “push” to put Ohio State in the mix. The pundits I’ve watched/read are all over the map and ESPN stats seem to be pushing Ohio State now:

60a02d540568d4be6e69b83c9ec5c4be.jpg

Let’s look at losses, too. Purdue? Gtfo

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Not even sure why we are talking about Georgia, they aren't getting in. The better question is how is the committee going to move Oklahoma over an undefeated team so Bama doesn't have to play them first? 

Exactly. Have to give them credit (SEC)

they have managed to turn Georgia into world beaters for wins over Kentucky, Missouri and Florida. All shit teams. How the narrative these wins are better than ND (Michigan-best of all, Syracuse and even USC who would be favored over KU and MU). It’s fucking maddening but brilliant. The blue print works. Florida, Kentucky, Missouri all top 25 for no reason 

I used to really like Herbstreit. It's going to be impossible to watch him, much less take him seriously, after this. 
This. I can't put a finger on exactly when, but he went from a solid, professional analyst to the douchey shill we know today. Maybe he has just gotten comfortable at ESPN, like a professor hitting tenure and not giving a fuck. Maybe he's getting talking points from his bosses. Maybe he's slipped into fan mode as the landscape of college football has changed so much over the past decade. Whatever it is, it's disappointing. I think he still is a good color guy on games that don't involve Ohio State, but otherwise it's tough to watch him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fairly simple. 

Big 10 and SEC Teir 1 contracts with ABC/ESPN

FOX has the Big 12. 

Notre Dame - 1st tier NBC & ABC*ESPN/ 3rd tier ESPN

XII - 1st tier ABC*ESPN & FOX*FS1/ 3rd tier (individual contracts as deemed negotiable by school)

B1G - 1st tier ABC*ESPN & FOX*FS1/ 3rd tier FOX 

SEC - 1st tier CBS & ABC*ESPN/ 3rd tier ESPN

First things first.  I believe that Purdue counts Ohio State out.  It's too big of a blemish.

Until there's some kind of set criteria the SEC will always have a better chance to get two teams in.  Every conference should have the same basic criteria and that should start with 9 conference games.  The SEC gets extra wins late in the season while every other conference is at the end of the season grind.  If the B1G played 8 conference games Purdue doesn't happen as the two teams wouldn't have played.  While every other P5 team is playing an extra P5 team in conference every season the SEC plays their sacrificial extra FCS team and heals up for rivalry week.  They're gaming the system and there is no repercussion for what they're doing.  They are currently guaranteed a playoff spot and that extra creampuff game helps them tremendously.

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

He's a fucking idiot. Uga got smoked by LSU. a two loss conference runner up shouldn't be rewarded.

"well a 1 loss runner up was rewarded last year... whats one more SEC loss even mean? They can't help they had to play the mighty Bama while OU and Ohio State played scrubs all year" - aggy/PAWWLL

Edited by UTEX_ME

Joel Klatt called out the CFP's artificial elevation of all things SEC. He laughed about how Florida, LSU and Kentucky being ridiculously high along with Mizzou even being in the CFP. Sadly they can't stipulate a conference championship as criteria because that automatically excludes Notre Dame. 

Add in the West Virginia receiver who decided it's ok to block the Oklahoma player into the stands while his teammate was running to the 1 yard line.  The next play was the Grier fumble that was returned for a TD.  Instead of being up WVU was down 10 and it was effectively ballgame.