Expectations for morning of Nov.7 ?

tantric superman

For me, I'd be happy with the two Dems running for Texas State Senator and Rep (Nathan Johnson/John Turner) to beat the Trumpian knuckleheads they are running against.  Anything else after that is gravy.  (Colin Allred defeats Pete Sessions, Beto over walleyed fuckface, Collier over Patrick).

I think Johnson and Turner will pull it off but not expecting the rest to win. 

In other words, I'd like to think that the district I live in has some sanity, even though I'm not expecting the state or region to show as much. 

These results are invalid.  I will appoint the best people to investigate the cheatin dems and will sign an executive order to throw these results out.  I’m only talking about the elections where the fine Republicans lost as a result of dem cheating, the ones where Republicans won were totally valid and completely fair.  

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

These results are invalid.  I will appoint the best people to investigate the cheatin dems and will sign an executive order to throw these results out.  I’m only talking about the elections where the fine Republicans lost as a result of dem cheating, the ones where Republicans won were totally valid and completely fair.  

This is sadly the most accurate post in this thread.

House flips. Welcome back, Madam Speaker.
Senate stands pat. GOP might add a couple of seats.

Both of these. Beto loses but it is close enough to sting quite a bit. Gridlock until 2020.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The electoral result will be the same as the 2010 mid-terms; the President keeps the Senate but loses the House.

Press in 2010: "OBAMA REBUKED IN HISTORIC LANDSLIDE DEMOCRATIC DEFEATS!"

Press in 2018: "TRUMP WITHSTANDS SUPPOSED BLUE WAVE, KEEPS CONTROL OF SENATE!"

It's going to be hilarious and depressing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The electoral result will be the same as the 2010 mid-terms; the President keeps the Senate but loses the House.

Press in 2010: "OBAMA REBUKED IN HISTORIC LANDSLIDE DEMOCRATIC DEFEATS!"

Press in 2018: "TRUMP WITHSTANDS SUPPOSED BLUE WAVE, KEEPS CONTROL OF SENATE!"

It's going to be hilarious and depressing.

Yeah - the press hated Obama and loves them some Trump.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yeah - the press hated Obama and loves them some Trump.  

It's not about the press hating Obama, it's about the press selling a countervailing narrative.

The press's primarily allegiance is to getting eyeballs.

The prevailing narrative out of 2008 was "Oh my god everyone loves Obama", so selling "Obama isn't so popular after all!" after the 2010 result drove clicks.
The prevailing narrative out of 2016 is "Oh my god everyone hates Trump", so selling "Trump isn't so unpopular after all!" after the 2018 result will drive clicks.

Your victim complex is #sad.

The press narrative after the 2010 mid-term was one of a red wave. The Dems will get the same result, but not the same press narrative.

I'd love to be wrong, but ... lol

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

It's not about the press hating Obama, it's about the press selling a countervailing narrative.

The press's primarily allegiance is to getting eyeballs.

The prevailing narrative out of 2008 was "Oh my god everyone loves Obama", so selling "Obama isn't so popular after all!" after the 2010 result drove clicks.
The prevailing narrative out of 2016 is "Oh my god everyone hates Trump", so selling "Trump isn't so unpopular after all!" after the 2018 result will drive clicks.

Your victim complex is #sad.

The press narrative after the 2010 mid-term was one of a red wave. The Dems will get the same result, but not the same press narrative.

I'd love to be wrong, but ... lol

If it's with the same numbers, they'll absolutely get a blue wave narrative. 

50 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

House flips. Welcome back, Madam Speaker.

Senate stands pat. GOP might add a couple of seats.

This.

And Trump accuses Dems of cheating to win the House.

And Trump continues to spiral into dementia and megalomania for 2 to 6 more years.

If you are smart you voted early.  With all the voter suppression going on, it is still pretty easy to vote.  I was able to go to one of many locations throughout the city.  Of course I was harassed by all the volunteers promoting their various candidates and causes but it didnt bother me too much.  They need to expand the distance you can do that shit...like to Ohio...

37 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I expect to be hungover as fuck.

yup. have offers to go to at least two different watch parties. one is a friend, the other is through some group that has a watch party in each important burrough (sorry staten island). everyone in their 20s-30s. kind of cool to see people interested.

i hope there are no regrets about Beto.  If he loses, my critique was that he could have adjusted a few key points on immigration, be sympathetic but a little tougher to garner some right of center votes. That issue is huge for a lot of Texans, not so much in other states, he seems a little Rhode Island/CT/MA on that perspective.  Secondly, he could have explained his healthcare stance in more detail with an explanation of funding -- i thing Cruz negatvie ads on Beto healthcare is pretty effective as it hits the pocketbook. Hope Beto pulls through, but he's made some mistakes. 

1 hour ago, AtticusFinch said:

If you are smart you voted early.  With all the voter suppression going on, it is still pretty easy to vote.  I was able to go to one of many locations throughout the city.  Of course I was harassed by all the volunteers promoting their various candidates and causes but it didnt bother me too much.  They need to expand the distance you can do that shit...like to Ohio...

This is an odd troll

Gridlock.  Which is fucking awesome.  

Reagan-O'Neill, Truman-Martin, Clinton-Gingrich...great President/Speaker working relationships in history.  One duo you won't see added to that list:  Trump-Pelosi.  Two 70+ assholes that won't get out of their own way.  I look forward to it.  It's about time Americans realize that Presidents, regardless of party, aren't national soul healers.  We are supposed to have a Head of State (POTUS) and a Head(s) of Government (Speaker and Senate leadership).  We've been askew on that since Andrew Johnson and it went on blast under FDR thru Obama.  

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I expect to be hungover as fuck.

Good reminder to block Wednesday morning.

My call is a larger-than-expected House majority for the Dems.   The Senate stays the same or even a +1 for the GOP.  Trump declares a Senate win because of his campaigning and says that the House loss is fully on Ryan.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

This feels like OU week. I never know what I'm going to feel like the day after the game,  and i have no idea what to expect from the game/election.

For me, personally, just like when Trump won, nothing will change. I am a white upper-middle class male. But i know many in other categories who will continue to be hugely affected if nothing changes. If that's the case then I will be very, very sad for people I care about. 

• Like 3