Zach Smith is a stupid, disgusting piece of shit.

Beau Vine

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That text from Urban Meyer's wife to Urban is pretty damning.  They knew exactly who Zach Smith was and they kept him around anyways.  

It could be worse. He could drink vodka G2 and have a smokeshow wife that he does blow with around strippers. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, demos said:

Releasing it at 5 on a Friday doesn’t mean much in today’s media environment. See the mt vernon briles hire.

Still happens a lot though. Every single time bad news drops re: COTA, it drops late on Friday afternoon when everyone's either headed home or to happy hour.

9 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Is anybody aware of any other dumps that took place today?

There was one so bad at the office it clogged the toilet. I had to summon maintenance and use the ladies room. 

When I briefly glimpsed that bowl before I realized the horrors it contained, I thought I was looking at the souls of Urban Meyer, Zach Smith and Art Briles. Also some peanuts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Talking to recruits during the no contact period. I think. Not positive. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

When a coach “accidentally” happens upon a recruit when they are not supposed to have contact. 

Ah, ok ... as in to just "bump" into a recruit.

Texts reveal Alabama tried to hire Zach Smith in 2018

On Friday afternoon, Ohio State released an abundance of previously unseen documents from the investigation into Urban Meyer’s handling of the Zach Smith situation in August of 2018.

One of the more intriguing exchanges uncovered in the document dump was that Zach Smith nearly left Ohio State to take a position on Nick Saban’s staff at Alabama. During a text exchange between Meyer and and Smith in January of 2018, the former Ohio State head coach convinced Smith to stay in Columbus. However, the frustration on Meyer’s end was clear, and he challenged Smith to be a better assistant coach.

Meyer: After much thought, I want u to stay. I have personally invested far too much in u to get u in position to take the next step. U need to step away from other situation and let’s go win it all… again.

Meyer: We got u through the [expletive] — now go be a difference maker in the staff room

Smith: Yes sir I agree. They offered me the job and I wanted to sleep on it last night before deciding but it doesn’t feel right. I love this place, my players and am loyal to you for everything you’ve done. I just want to grow and keep my career on track but I’m confident that’s here. I’m ready to be a difference maker and ready to win it all again. I appreciate everything coach.

Meyer: From this point forward… All grown ass man conversation, never again childish [expletive]... use ur gifts and knowledge. Cell phone away-full engagement and become a coordinator. U have the ability.

Smith: Yes sir. I will.

In a subsequent text to an unknown recipient, Meyer reveals the exact position that Alabama offered Smith. Meyer also reveals that Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel, who played at Ohio State, tried to hire Ryan Day as his offensive coordinator. Keeping his staff in tact was clearly a source of stress for Meyer.

“Vrabel offered Ryan Day Off. coord job,” Meyer said via text. “Going after him real hard. This [expletive] never stops. Will update. Zach Smith was offered wr/passing game coord at Alabama. Went there to talk to Saban. At first thought maybe he should go then decided that all effort I’ve put [into] him and it’s Alabama. I told him to stay and he turned it down. Every f—— day it’s something.”

Of course, all of this came just six months before Smith was fired by Ohio State. How different would things have been if Smith wound up at Alabama? That’s a question no one will ever know the answer too, but it’s still fascinating to know just how close Smith was to being on Saban’s staff in Tuscaloosa.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Your idea of “proof” is about as concrete as quicksand. Well just ignore the other direct text from Meyer discussing violating the dead period and making sure not to be identified in Austin by Tom Herman for fear of a bump violation. Is breaking rules you directly know about clean?  

Youre piece of shit program in your cesspool state that covers up HS gang rape by football players can fuck off and die. Own it motherfucker. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Wrong. He did it case by case based on likelihood of getting caught. He was clean as a whistle on Garret Wilson because he knew Herman was peeved about how that went down and was looking for violations. Meanwhile, in Florida...

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

That text was talking about Ryan Day getting the NFL offer
Yeah I see I had that wrong. Makes total sense to go after Day.
Your idea of “proof” is about as concrete as quicksand. Well just ignore the other direct text from Meyer discussing violating the dead period and making sure not to be identified in Austin by Tom Herman for fear of a bump violation. Is breaking rules you directly know about clean?  
Youre piece of shit program in your cesspool state that covers up HS gang rape by football players can fuck off and die. Own it motherfucker. 
I was joking.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:25 PM, Lhorn said:

Jobless Zach Smith is internet laughing at TH from the particle board coffee table in his efficiency apartment as TH stands in the 100,000 person stadium of the top 10 team he head coaches for millions of dollars per year. Yep, laugh it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the landlord again is beating on Zach’s rickety door, wondering what his excuse for late rent will be THIS month. 

Just now, Tribe171 said:

Kinda shocking that Saban offered Smith a WR coach job. Thought he was a better evaluator of coaching talent.

Smith is supposed to be a good recruiter. There have been some iterations of Saban's coaching staffs where he heavily prioritizes recruiting over coaching.