Zach Smith is a stupid, disgusting piece of shit.

Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

If you suffered years of abuse from a narcissistic, abusive ex-wife, your life became a national story, and as a result your ex became a minor celebrity with a social media following and a podcast while continuing to abuse you on social media with support behind her, then you’d relish the opportunity to release proof of her lies and  behavior.  And if you were constantly harassed via thousands of text messages for years, you probably wouldn’t consider them personal.

Victims of coercive control will tell you the physical abuse is nothing compared to the psychological abuse.  If Courtney Smith posted photos of her battered face on Twitter, would you shame her for putting “personal shit” on the Internet?

not to mention having an entire state population such as the ohio state fan (and shockingly, media) network absolutely out to destroy you and make you seem like a loon to mouthbreather simpletons like futureman in an attempt to equivocate it all.

it blows my mind how some dudes on this website who have never been the victims of years of abuse, nor systematically degraded and discredited by a university athletic dept like ohio state and everything that comes along with think they're in a position to call someone a loon for simply presenting her story (with the receipts) when her ex-husband is out there generating content by the minute in a coke-fueled state of mind that clearly misrepresents and lies about the facts.

but then i consider the source...

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

If you suffered years of abuse from a narcissistic, abusive ex-wife, your life became a national story, and as a result your ex became a minor celebrity with a social media following and a podcast while continuing to abuse you on social media with support behind her, then you’d relish the opportunity to release proof of her lies and  behavior.  And if you were constantly harassed via thousands of text messages for years, you probably wouldn’t consider them personal.

Victims of coercive control will tell you the physical abuse is nothing compared to the psychological abuse.  If Courtney Smith posted photos of her battered face on Twitter, would you shame her for putting “personal shit” on the Internet?

You're right on all of that.  But...

How does she benefit from airing all of this?  How do her kids benefit?  In that blog she suggests she doesn't have the Hermans' permission to discuss the depth of their involvement.  (If that's the case) how does all this benefit THEM?

Crazy creates crazy.  She mighta been a little "touched" before all this, and maybe not.  Regardless, he made her decidedly worse.

Edited by Parliament

Just now, Parliament said:

How does she benefit from airing all of this?  How do her kids benefit?

perhaps telling the world the truth and exposing the false counter-narrative the psychotic coach your worthless fucking piece of shit school's athletic dept. employed for years under your poor character head coach/saint for what it is?  you would be cool with someone dedicating their worthless life to putting out non-stop lies in a podcast about you and calling you cunt, bitch, liar, horrible mom, being filmed by his white trash mom while trying to talk to your son after a little league baseball game, etc... to the world without ever having the opportunity to simply present your side of the story?

it's so interesting in reading about all this and looking at how the ohio state fans reacted...not just the full-blown nutjobs threatening her well-being but also from the "reasonable" osu fans who post things precisely like yours.  what good is this doing?  why don't you just let it go?  why make this public?  you're hurting your kids (as if their kids aren't aware of their dad's "podcast" and aren't destined to be completely fucked up).  it is a subtle attempt the silence and move this horrible saga that was wholly supervised and allowed to happen by your worthless school for years out of the public conscience so you don't have to be bothered by it.  you think it is subtle but it is transparent.

that said, she needs an editor almost as bad as the ohio state administrator taking notes from urban's meetings with smith.  christ.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

If you suffered years of abuse from a narcissistic, abusive ex-wife, your life became a national story, and as a result your ex became a minor celebrity with a social media following and a podcast while continuing to abuse you on social media with support behind her, then you’d relish the opportunity to release proof of her lies and  behavior.

I hope not

40 minutes ago, Parliament said:

How does she benefit from airing all of this?  How do her kids benefit?  In that blog she suggests she doesn't have the Hermans' permission to discuss the depth of their involvement.  (If that's the case) how does all this benefit THEM?

Crazy creates crazy.  She mighta been a little "touched" before all this, and maybe not.  Regardless, he made her decidedly worse.

Well apparently lots of people, even outside of the trash that is the OSU fanbase, think she's a loon or that she deserves blame because crazy creates crazy, so I'd imagine that proving the opposite has a lot of benefit. Like keeping the hate and harassment in check, maintaining a support structure (Zach like most abusers has very deliberately tried to isolate her so that she won't be able to move on), discrediting Zach (imagine how much worse he would be and how much larger his following would be if she never spoke up), etc.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Ultimately, they acquiesced and agreed to support me as long as I whatever I wrote, I could waltz into a courtroom with evidence in hand and defend if ever need be. .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Jesus dude , comprehension , how does it work ? 

1 hour ago, sidis said:

not to mention having an entire state population such as the ohio state fan (and shockingly, media) network absolutely out to destroy you and make you seem like a loon to mouthbreather simpletons like futureman in an attempt to equivocate it all.

it blows my mind how some dudes on this website who have never been the victims of years of abuse, nor systematically degraded and discredited by a university athletic dept like ohio state and everything that comes along with think they're in a position to call someone a loon for simply presenting her story (with the receipts) when her ex-husband is out there generating content by the minute in a coke-fueled state of mind that clearly misrepresents and lies about the facts.

but then i consider the source...

Yep.  It's all about context.  Zach Smith has ALREADY put her life out there and under a microscope.  She is trying to correct the sort of distorted funhouse mirror world that abusers with a victim complex often construct to justify their actions.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I hope not

so it is your contention that sharing their personal story online is the action of loons and that nothing theraputic can come from sharing the truth on personal matters with an internet community when one has been a victim or has even had failings...

interesting.

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

so it is your contention that sharing their personal story online is the action of loons and that nothing theraputic can come from sharing the truth on personal matters with an internet community when one has been a victim or has even had failings...

interesting.

Sort of-- I think the layer of anonymity of a place like Surly is helpful. I wouldn't expect that to survive the scrutiny it would get it I said "yeah I'm a child molestor", but on a relative basis it's anonymous enough that I see it as pretty distinct from what we're talking about. I think it would be weird-- loony-- to say "My real name is Patrick J. Bacon" and then go to town on it.

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

interesting.

I don't think anyone here contends that there's nothing therapeutic about sharing a personal story.  But doing it to/with a therapeutic community is therapeutic.  Doing it to the internet at large is probably something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Sort of-- I think the layer of anonymity of a place like Surly is helpful. I wouldn't expect that to survive the scrutiny it would get it I said "yeah I'm a child molestor", but on a relative basis it's anonymous enough that I see it as pretty distinct from what we're talking about. I think it would be weird-- loony-- to say "My real name is Patrick J. Bacon" and then go to town on it.

That would be weird.  It's also a terrible analogy to the Smith story.  Nothing alike at all.

You would be an anonymous person either on or off an internet forum.  She is a Public Figure through no fault of her own.  Her abusive ex-husband has made sure of that.  Her privacy has already been destroyed as a result of that same abuser.  So the only question is will she allow his PUBLIC lies about her to prevail or will she tell the truth about those already pubic relationships with documentation?

10 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Zach has already put it all out there in the public domain. She is telling her side of the story. 

14 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think anyone here contends that there's nothing therapeutic about sharing a personal story.  But doing it to/with a therapeutic community is therapeutic.  Doing it to the internet at large is probably something else.

but when talking about one's alcoholism or divorce or whatever...you are affirmatively seeking it out and willingly giving this information up with no prompting to do so.  you are going farther out of your way to share "that level of personal shit" on the internet than anyone.

no one is seeking to destroy your life, your relationship with your kids, and your well-being to the internet-at-large and specifically, to the community in which you live (much less a bunch of randos on longhorn football fan board).  presumably, neither of you can imagine being attacked that ruthlessly on the back end of being ruthlessly abused for years.  thus, simply providing your side of the story (with evidence) that the person trying to destroy you to the same community is not reliable or to be believed likely has some value to that person.  you haven't been personally attacked in such a vicious way and have an entire community of mouthbreathers where you live in ohio turn on you and threaten you because of what some nutbag does to publicly humiliate you.

but yet,  you still share your personal shit all the time.  and just because you're anonymous about it since you haven't been made to be a public figure, you're not a loon and she is.  that's a bit warped in my perspective but whatever...doesn't really matter beyond just a reinforcement of how much our society victim shames...particularly males when talking about female victims of abuse.

Edited by sidis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Reading that makes me have a bigger appreciation for the Hermans if it’s in fact all true. Seem like good folks. I can imagine the rage that POS had when he got the reply “OK cool, Hook ‘em 🤘🏻

This.  Reading that blog seriously gives me mad respekt for Tom and Michelle.

• Like 4

How does he have a shit ton of money? 

He doesn’t have head coaching money.  Probably position coach money, maybe coordinator money, but not head coach money.  

50 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
57 minutes ago, Lobo said:
How does he have a shit ton of money? 
He doesn’t have head coaching money.  Probably position coach money, maybe coordinator money, but not head coach money.  

He had a top coordinator job for one of the most prestigious programs in the country. Im pretty sure hes pretty well set

Money?????  Zach Smih is Earle Bruce's grandson.  Meyer got his first college coaching job under Bruce at Ohio State in 1986. Bruce is the only reason Smith received so many chances. 

22 hours ago, sidis said:

Gee, that kind of treatment reminds me of something I’ve been witnessing on a daily basis for three years. 

21 hours ago, sidis said:

but when talking about one's alcoholism or divorce or whatever...you are affirmatively seeking it out and willingly giving this information up with no prompting to do so.  you are going farther out of your way to share "that level of personal shit" on the internet than anyone.

no one is seeking to destroy your life, your relationship with your kids, and your well-being to the internet-at-large and specifically, to the community in which you live (much less a bunch of randos on longhorn football fan board).  presumably, neither of you can imagine being attacked that ruthlessly on the back end of being ruthlessly abused for years.  thus, simply providing your side of the story (with evidence) that the person trying to destroy you to the same community is not reliable or to be believed likely has some value to that person.  you haven't been personally attacked in such a vicious way and have an entire community of mouthbreathers where you live in ohio turn on you and threaten you because of what some nutbag does to publicly humiliate you.

but yet,  you still share your personal shit all the time.  and just because you're anonymous about it since you haven't been made to be a public figure, you're not a loon and she is.  that's a bit warped in my perspective but whatever...doesn't really matter beyond just a reinforcement of how much our society victim shames...particularly males when talking about female victims of abuse.

But, you see. I did not say she was a loon. Or a liar, or anything else.

I said that doing what she's doing is something other than, or beyond therapeutic.  I stand by that.

In other words, going full-tilt boogie on personal shit, non-anonymously, and to the internet at large is not necessary for therapeutic purposes.  Might be good for other purposes, but to explain it away as "therapy" I think trivializes therapy.  

You attached values to it, I didn't.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

But, you see. I did not say she was a loon. Or a liar, or anything else.

I said that doing what she's doing is something other than, or beyond therapeutic.  I stand by that.

You attached values to it, I didn't.

yeah, I made an offhand comment and then took the clown nose off so I'm being a little inconsistent here

I was going to drop it but since it's still an active subject, I'll clarify:

* I don't know what's right for Courtney Smith; if what she is doing helps her as a catharsis (which I could see), how or why is none of my business, but I do have an opinion from way outside looking in. I'm only sharing it because I made a offhand joking comment about her and some valid questions and good discussion came of it.

* I personally don't think publicly sharing personal information the way she's doing it is a good idea. While I don't know her motivation, the way it looks to me is that she's decided that embarrassing her vindictive shithead of an ex-husband as retaliation for all the terrible things he's done and is now lying about is part of her way forward. 

* I am not "on Zach Smith's side" or anything like that, so the fact that I don't personally agree with what she's doing isn't in any way motivated by a belief he has a right to privacy in these matters since he already opened up on them publicly. For that reason, I can see why Courtney Smith would do what she's doing-- she thinks these are the terms of engagement.

* I don't agree that I "would do it too", because (speculating) I think my position would be, my ex is such a fucking nutcase that few take him seriously and those that do are not going to be convinced even by literal, legitimate truth, but I don't know how I would actually feel or act in the moment.

* I do know that the people I know and trust best in the world would strongly encourage me not to do what she's doing, for what that's worth.

* I don't think airing a he said/she said in public is the same thing as some of the more anonymous therapeutic sharing that goes on in places like Surly, because I don't think either the motivation (which I don't know, and am speculating on) or particulars have very much in common

* I would not swear on a stack of Bibles that I'm NOT a fucking loon or that participating in this sandbox is a good idea. 

• Like 2

yeah, I made an offhand comment and then took the clown nose off so I'm being a little inconsistent here
I was going to drop it but since it's still an active subject, I'll clarify:
* I don't know what's right for Courtney Smith; if what she is doing helps her as a catharsis (which I could see), how or why is none of my business, but I do have an opinion from way outside looking in. I'm only sharing it because I made a offhand joking comment about her and some valid questions and good discussion came of it.
* I personally don't think publicly sharing personal information the way she's doing it is a good idea. While I don't know her motivation, the way it looks to me is that she's decided that embarrassing her vindictive shithead of an ex-husband as retaliation for all the terrible things he's done and is now lying about is part of her way forward. 
* I am not "on Zach Smith's side" or anything like that, so the fact that I don't personally agree with what she's doing isn't in any way motivated by a belief he has a right to privacy in these matters since he already opened up on them publicly. For that reason, I can see why Courtney Smith would do what she's doing-- she thinks these are the terms of engagement.
* I don't agree that I "would do it too", because (speculating) I think my position would be, my ex is such a fucking nutcase that few take him seriously and those that do are not going to be convinced even by literal, legitimate truth, but I don't know how I would actually feel or act in the moment.
* I do know that the people I know and trust best in the world would strongly encourage me not to do what she's doing, for what that's worth.
* I don't think airing a he said/she said in public is the same thing as some of the more anonymous therapeutic sharing that goes on in places like Surly, because I don't think either the motivation (which I don't know, and am speculating on) or particulars have very much in common
* I would not swear on a stack of Bibles that I'm NOT a fucking loon or that participating in this sandbox is a good idea. 

Someone said it above but I think it is part of her effort to correct the record and salvage her reputation. OSU people have been pretty brutal.

28 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Someone said it above but I think it is part of her effort to correct the record and salvage her reputation. OSU people have been pretty brutal.

I think that is correct. Can’t blame her for fighting that corrupt regime & couch burning culture. Awful looking train wreck no matter which way you look at it though. My pity is for the little kids.