Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

Can anyone really be disappointed in what Mack has done at UNC vs their previous years?   Some of y’all hate a national championship coach that won ten games or more ten years in a row at Texas way too much and cheer when he loses….   I’d kill for ten wins a year right now at Texas.  Sure the end wasn’t great but got damn so of y’all are dumb. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Can anyone really be disappointed in what Mack has done at UNC vs their previous years?   Some of y’all hate a national championship coach that won ten games or more ten years in a row at Texas way too much and cheer when he loses….   I’d kill for ten wins a year right now at Texas.  Sure the end wasn’t great but got damn so of y’all are dumb. 

You obviously didn’t suffer through Mack being a choking snippy bitch and doing everything possible to keep us from beating OU several years in the early 2000s including suffering some of the worst losses in history of the rivalry.

That’s not even discussing the handling of Major & Simms which cost us a shot at a national championship matchup.

It was only when VY told him to just let him play after we lost to OU in 2004 that he stopped coaching and we didn’t lose another game until the 2006 season. 

FUCK MACK BROWN!!!

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You obviously didn’t suffer through Mack being a choking snippy bitch and doing everything possible to keep us from beating OU several years in the early 2000s including suffering some of the worst losses in history of the rivalry.

That’s not even discussing the handling of Major & Simms which cost us a shot at a national championship matchup.

It was only when VY told him to just let him play after we lost to OU in 2004 that he stopped coaching and we didn’t lose another game until the 2006 season. 

FUCK MACK BROWN!!!

no credit for the casistas? 🙃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

FUCK MACK BROWN!!!

So the ten win seasons ten years in a row and two national championships appearances is worse then what we are going thru now??   Ok….  Like I said the end was bad but to complain about the rest is just dumb compared to anyone else coaching the last 30 years.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Mack is one of those guys I think the hate and vitriol will die out on very quickly when Texas wins another title. It actually seems to get worse year over year the longer we struggle and I think the inverse will be true as we get closer to being “back”. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

FUCK MACK BROWN!!!

Nah, 2005 wiped that slate clean, pretty much.

It was his bitchassedness after 2009 that causes all the hate.  I'm a little bit surprised that he went back to coaching and had any success.  I think that shows that the atmosphere here, particularly the administration and powers-that-be (swidt?) that contributed to Mack's demise somewhat moreso than the man himself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Nah, 2005 wiped that slate clean, pretty much.

It was his bitchassedness after 2009 that causes all the hate.  I'm a little bit surprised that he went back to coaching and had any success.  I think that shows that the atmosphere here, particularly the administration and powers-that-be (swidt?) that contributed to Mack's demise somewhat moreso than the man himself.

Nah, I was out of the country from March 2007 to around the start of the 2014 season.

2005 didn't wipe shit clean. Mack was still a shit stain in my mind and his diarrhea explosion in a swimming pool style exit from the program just added to how much he needed to get fucked due to his how many throat punches he deserved from 1999->2006.

...Nah...

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Nah, I was out of the country from March 2007 to around the start of the 2014 season.

2005 didn't wipe shit clean. Mack was still a shit stain in my mind and his diarrhea explosion in a swimming pool style exit from the program just added to how much he needed to get fucked due to his how many throat punches he deserved from 1999->2006.

...Nah...

Dude I really really really fucking enjoyed 2004-2009, I think you need perspective. Hell I enjoyed 2005 more than any other poster on this site it seems.

11 hours ago, ITHorn said:

Mack is one of those guys I think the hate and vitriol will die out on very quickly when Texas wins another title. It actually seems to get worse year over year the longer we struggle and I think the inverse will be true as we get closer to being “back”. 

Nah, the haters hated him the exact same in 04, I called out the fanbase so hard I would have been negged banned on Shaggy had it existed, ended up with 19 straight wins (this was after Mizzou 04)

I was at a bar during a game in 2001 and randomly sat next to one of Mack’s family members and they told me he was a poor decision maker and would always play not to lose rather than to win.  It colored the way I thought of him from then on and sadly his decision making fit right into that narrative.

F Mack.  Hall of fame coach with what, two or three conference championships.   Brent Venables of all people might be halfway to Mr Hall of Fame Coach in terms of conference championships by Pearl Harbor Day.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:19 PM, Brothahorn said:

I feel bad for Mack. Just a terrible loss in a promising season. I still root for him at UNC.

I hated him at the end, but will always appreciate 2004-2009.

Wheels Fall Off F1 GIF - Wheels Fall Off F1 Formula One ...

Mack was clapping his ass off at that 1:04 stoppage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Meh I still root for Mack. I'll always appreciate the 04-09 seasons. Since I grew up in the 90s and worshiped Michael Jordan as a kid, I've always had a soft spot for UNC.

It's cool see Mack revitalize their football program. Plus their uniforms are always clean. 

7-8 wins seems to be the standard for UNC under Mack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ashylarry said:

Meh I still root for Mack. I'll always appreciate the 04-09 seasons. Since I grew up in the 90s and worshiped Michael Jordan as a kid, I've always had a soft spot for UNC.

It's cool see Mack revitalize their football program. Plus their uniforms are always clean. 

7-8 wins seems to be the standard for UNC under Mack. 

Yeah, it’s hard to hate Mack after he gave the program one of its best decades in history. Ten ten win seasons, two BCS bowl wins, two MNC appearances all speak for themselves (We were robbed out of a third MNC appearance in 2008).

He did leave us in a rough spot on his way out. I get the frustration with that. That left a bad taste and somewhat tarnished his legacy, but it didn’t erase his accomplishments. After all, he wasn’t the one that forced us to hire Charlie Strong. He also didn’t force us to remedy the CS disaster with fucking Tom Herman. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

This guy sounds terrible.  Like they took his dog behind the barn and shot it. 

During the waning minutes of the game, he looked like he wanted to kill himself. I’ve seen that dude take it from Stoops with zero lube in the worst way possible multiple times, and still be clapping and positive afterwards, but he looked thoroughly defeated. I actually felt bad for the man. Like, why are you putting yourself through this? It can’t be good for him. 

He didn’t force Texas to hire Tom, but he surely foisted the guy onto us.IMG_2750.thumb.jpeg.2ca7c655ca93bee0830466479a118658.jpegIMG_2751.thumb.jpeg.b7b6539bd392b0883ffbe7ba8a88aa42.jpeg

Me too - actually felt bad for Mack, losing two in a row, when they had the Nations’ attention.

Not only did they lose two in a row, but basically teams that are from the “bottom” of the ACC.

Hook’em!!!

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

During the waning minutes of the game, he looked like he wanted to kill himself. I’ve seen that dude take it from Stoops with zero lube in the worst way possible multiple times, and still be clapping and positive afterwards, but he looked thoroughly defeated. I actually felt bad for the man. Like, why are you putting yourself through this? It can’t be good for him. 

Mack knew he pulled the hat trick. He obliterated his UNC career along with Drake Maye’s and Tez Walker’s all in the same night. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Drake Maye will be given 8 figures to throw footballs professionally. 

Yes but I’m referring to Maye’s UNC career being done. After these two losses Mack knows it’s over and everyone is mentally checked out.

The UVA game was a bigger fuckup than this one. The team folded up like they were playing OU. The next week they fell flat against GT again. 

If Mack was smart he would get himself a Jameis knockoff and parlay his success in making an appearance in the 12-team playoff into a contract with Texas A&M for infinity $$ with his family holding the HC position in perpetuity. Specifically making sure his fumble grabbing stepson has a shot at the job once he steps down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2023 at 6:24 AM, 52-80 said:

dont look now but since Mack's returned to UNC in 2019, they've won 23 conference games and 36 total.  Texas has won 22 conference games and 35 total.

Yea, but they're not in the tough grind of a team about to join the SEC. Week in and week out, it's war out there. UNC would literally melt if they were a team about to join the SEC!

• 2 weeks later...