Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

good year Mack despite today's home upset.  Please knock of those Clemson frauds so they don't sneak into the CFP. 

Klempsun definitely sucks but the only way they slide in is Condom loses to either Notre Dumb or Ute/Duck winner and roach loses to EMAW at Jerry World.

I don't think they jump the UM/OSU loser and I am pretty sure Georgia & the UM/OSU winner will finish undefeated so there is really only one open spot realistically speaking.

Is it cool to make fun of a former coach that is 9-2 to our 7-4 and brought UT it’s first NC in forever and ten, ten win seasons in a row?  Guess so but it’s not really that funny cause he has the last laugh actually.  I know the end was bad but damn folks it’s hard to throw rocks from a glass house. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Is it cool to make fun of a former coach that is 9-2 to our 7-4 and brought UT it’s first NC in forever and ten, ten win seasons in a row?  Guess so but it’s not really that funny cause he has the last laugh actually.  I know the end was bad but damn folks it’s hard to throw rocks from a glass house. 

I mean they made fun of him while he was winning that NC, why can't they do it now?

I don't get how he got the last laugh. He left the program a flaming wreck, not because he wanted to but because he failed miserably for several years. We all wanted desperately to having him retire a hero and build statues of him around campus but unfortunately no one person is bigger than the program. We had to let him go. If running a program into the ground and having it continue to fail was some malevolent scheme by Mack then I guess he had the last laugh. Somehow I think his plans were slightly different. It just didn't work out.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Yes it is.  He had the keys to a Lambo and put it in a ditch that we are apparently still trying to get out of.

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

Yes it is.  He had the keys to a Lambo and put it in a ditch that we are apparently still trying to get out of.

I’m not trying to be too much either way but he left with 8 wins and in ten years since we have reached 8 wins twice…. I get he needed to go but the keys after that were handed to total losers.  Even Mr Mc Brown would have got more then 8 wins in two out of ten seasons if he stayed.  I’m just saying we made obviously worse choices since then and he has since had three, nine or ten win seasons I think at NC in four years (their record before was?).  So to make fun of his losses is kinda stupid and aggish when he has done better the us. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m not trying to be too much either way but he left with 8 wins and in ten years since we have reached 8 wins twice…. I get he needed to go but the keys after that were handed to total losers.  Even Mr Mc Brown would have got more then 8 wins in two out of ten seasons if he stayed.  I’m just saying we made obviously worse choices since then and he has since had three, nine or ten win seasons I think at NC in four years (their record before was?).  So to make fun of his losses is kinda stupid and aggish when he has done better the us. 

With all due respect, this is some revisionist history bs. Yes, strong was a terrible hire. But FYPM needed to go. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You actually believe this? It's been 9 years since he left. It has zero to do with him. We just suck at hiring coaches since him. It shouldn't take a program like Texas a decade to recover.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 4:53 AM, Cajun said:

No, it's cool to make fun of a cocksucker who among MANY other things told recruits to go somewhere else as he burned it all down on the way out because he's a narcissistic POS though.

Any time that fuck gets to suck on a loss is time for us to enjoy it.

Yup... 😋

71g8lc.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:57 PM, Hook1997 said:

Fuck that thin-skinned, narcissistic piece of shit. He intentionally torpedoed our chance to get a / the real coach in the door. And you're god damned right he's continuing to celebrate our mediocrity which is more the reason to hate the son of a bitch.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

If Mack had it to all over again, he would have done 3 things different:

1. Given Sherrod Harris a chance (at least a series or two) vs Bama; Harris likely doesnt transfer/quit football the following year.  He would have been given a chance to compete for starter minutes, and once Gilbert shits the bed vs BYU, we would have had a senior back up vs a freshman.  Our QB desert is likely avoided (yes the Ash concussions contributed to that)

2. He would not have tried to copy Bama Offense, given the fact the entire conference and nation were going spread, hurry up.  If we would have adapted to the change and play to the strengths of the recruiting base, we may have been able to stay the course

3. He would have brought in more competent , creative underlings to modernize the offense ala TTU and OU, this is sort of relatred to #2

IF, he would have done those 3 simple things

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

1. Given Sherrod Harris a chance (at least a series or two) vs Bama; Harris likely doesnt transfer/quit football the following year.  He would have been given a chance to compete for starter minutes, and once Gilbert shits the bed vs BYU, we would have had a senior back up vs a freshman.  Our QB desert is likely avoided (yes the Ash concussions contributed to that)

2. He would not have tried to copy Bama Offense, given the fact the entire conference and nation were going spread, hurry up.  If we would have adapted to the change and play to the strengths of the recruiting base, we may have been able to stay the course

3. He would have brought in more competent , creative underlings to modernize the offense ala TTU and OU, this is sort of relatred to #2

Sherrod Harris was a super nice kid but he was never Texas QB quality

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

You're lying, Mack.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:03 AM, jdhorn92 said:

He shouldn't have had Colt doing QB sneaks against KSU as a Freshman or Alabama as a Senior.  Same injury both times.

The real problem is that he got lazy at evaluating talent.  Didn't put in the work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...