Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Just now, Skipper said:

JFC @ Rubio's latest tweet.   Not sure I understand the strategy but that's the kind of shit that might start a panic here.  And considering these tweets are presumably all authorized it's fucking concerning.

No fucking shit.  

What is his purpose? To scare Americans?  

He has succeeded as far as I am concerned.  A repeat of 1962?

I don't understand what he is trying to accomplish by continuing to say that Putin may well launch nukes on us.

• Hook 'Em 2

Putin might be 100 percent at going for nukes. But he isn't right in the head. He can't launch them himself. As fucking horrible as social media is,  it's allowing the truth to sneak into Russia. 

I dont see anyone pushing the button knowing he just killed himself and all his loved ones. Not for that deranged fuck. 

Now a tactical nuke in Ukraine?  Maybe. Which is horrible and ensures the end of Russia as it presently exists. But the icbms and hypersonics are not getting their fuse lit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is what I was saying yesterday and the consensus was I was wrong. 
just like we severely overestimated Russias ability to fight, I think many are overestimating Putins grip on power. 

Remember only a few people need to see him as toast.  Not everyone.  The masses tend to fall in line much later.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Putin might be 100 percent at going for nukes. But he isn't right in the head. He can't launch them himself. As fucking horrible as social media is,  it's allowing the truth to sneak into Russia. 

I dont see anyone pushing the button knowing he just killed himself and all his loved ones. Not for that deranged fuck. 

Now a tactical nuke in Ukraine?  Maybe. Which is horrible and ensures the end of Russia as it presently exists. But the icbms and hypersonics are not getting their fuse lit. 

I agree with this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pops said:

You just have to hope that his military gives up on him. They already are but if the people of Russia sees him launching nukes (tactical or not), I've got to think they full on revolt. 

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

No fucking shit.  

What is his purpose? To scare Americans?  

He has succeeded as far as I am concerned.  A repeat of 1962?

I don't understand what he is trying to accomplish by continuing to say that Putin may well launch nukes on us.

I'd rather know than not.

But, he needs to also state that the back channels are bustling and there is hope, even if there is little hope.

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

no one is coming within striking distance of him. anyone in the same room has probably been stripped searched. once in the room, no one is getting close to him 

Maybe someone can do that glasses assassination like in Godfather III.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

Hyperbolic Surly is the best Surly.

Some of y’all need to sip on some 1942 while checking out some of the IPIHB threads. Take a break.  
You ain’t got no problem Jules. 
Go back and chill those Surlers out… and wait for The Wolf who should be coming directly. 

The mother fucking wolf better be in the room with Putin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keef said:

For what its worth, I don't read Rubio's tweets as suggesting he thinks Putin will nuke the US.  I think he's saying (based on earlier tweets) that Russia may use tactical nukes in Ukraine, which would obviously be a crazy escalation.

Yeah, I read that as catastrophic for UA.

2 minutes ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

Some of y’all need to sip on some 1942 while checking out some of the IPIHB threads. Take a break.  
Go back and chill those Surlers out… and wait for The Wolf who should be coming directly. 

Maybe some of us have friends or family in Ukraine. in my case I have a really good friend working there on evacuation programs. Fucker is running around the country getting people out. 

I am not on the Nuke ledge, but Putin is not going to say, damn, I tried, bring the boys back home. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes…I think it was worth it. I still do. Because when the other option is “give evil complete free reign,” that’s not an option at all.
Putin INSISTED on this war. Crimea sure as shit proved that appeasement is not just not the answer, it makes it even worse, and makes further violence inevitable.
Eventually, civilization has to draw the line. This event was the “eventually.” I wish Putin was sane. My wish will not come true.

This is one of the dumber posts in the history of this site.  Congrats  

You’re either a fucking idiot or are so easily conditioned that it’s embarrassing. You should almost never take a 50/50 risk of nuclear weapons being deployed by an adversary as a potential outcome of your actions. Much less over a nation with which we share minimal cultural attachments and has minimal financial entanglements (for most Americans). 

Evil didn’t have free reign. We’ve provided assistance and had provided for years before this.  

The way our media and political establishment is marching together makes me uncomfortable. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Remember only a few people need to see him as toast.  Not everyone.  The masses tend to fall in line much later.  

Occasionally it’s a mass uprising. I’ve always posited that on some level people deserve the government they have because nobody can govern without the (at least tacit) consent of the governed, but yeah, more likely than not a couple of power brokers in the right spot could decide they have had enough I suspect and put an end to it. No man is an island. Putin has needs of servants. He needs to eat. He needs to sleep. He can be gotten to. Just need the right people to find the right leverage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is what I was saying yesterday and the consensus was I was wrong. 
just like we severely overestimated Russias ability to fight, I think many are overestimating Putins grip on power. 

The USSR went from the world’s most stable government to collapse in 72 hours.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

You just have to hope that his military gives up on him. They already are but if the people of Russia sees him launching nukes (tactical or not), I've got to think they full on revolt. 

Relatively apeaking.... most have never had it better in Russia over the past 20 years. Obviously some more than most... but they aren't going back to 1975 for this crazy fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

There was one or two times where we avoided complete nuclear disaster during the cold war all because one or two level-headed officers decided to let cooler heads prevail and not annihilate everyone. Hopefully this ends the same way.

While there are probably certain benefits to being a high-ranking official in Putin's Russia, I rather seriously doubt many of them share his worldview, twisted as it is.  That is to say, in Soviet Russia, they were all "brought up" the same way, with the same beliefs and an ingrained loyalty to the USSR and unquestioning obedience of its leaders.  I suspect there are more level-headed people over there than there were during other crises.

A good example.  We saw Putin browbeating his spy chief (I think it was).  The spy chief had the temerity not to completely have fallen in line ahead of time, and he was pretty clearly wtf.  That would never have happened "in public" in Soviet Russia.

12 minutes ago, pops said:

We blow his shit off the map if that happens.  Like we lay waste to his house in Socci where he's at and send in a shit load of Marines finish the job.

No one would object.

3 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This is one of the dumber posts in the history of this site.  Congrats  

You’re either a fucking idiot or are so easily conditioned that it’s embarrassing. You should almost never take a 50/50 risk of nuclear weapons being deployed by an adversary as a potential outcome of your actions. Much less over a nation with which we share minimal cultural attachments and has minimal financial entanglements (for most Americans). 

Evil didn’t have free reign. We’ve provided assistance and had provided for years before this.  

The way our media and political establishment is marching together makes me uncomfortable. 

These vibes…they’re not immaculate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Maybe some of us have friends or family in Ukraine. in my case I have a really good friend working there on evacuation programs. Fucker is running around the country getting people out. 
I am not on the Nuke ledge, but Putin is not going to say, damn, I tried, bring the boys back home. 

This.
The rest of y’all, try to come up with an endgame where Vlad DOESN’T use a tactical nuke?
He’s never getting his easy win. His BEST case is to capture cities and continue to get his forces slaughtered (and eventually pushed out of some of those cities) by an incredibly well armed and well funded resistance. Nevermind the crippling sanctions and complete ostracism from the international community that aren’t going away. Nevermind a NATO that is bigger and stronger than ever, and likely has new members. That is Vlad’s WIN.
Nope. He’s not going to accept that. His best remaining move is to escalate, use weapons of mass destruction, and hope that it scares the west badly enough that they offer him terms that allow him to declare victory in Ukraine.
At this point, it may be that the two most likely options are 1) Putin uses a tactical nuke, or 2) Putin is killed in an inside job.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I think your 50/50 odds is higher than what it really is, but do you think it was worth a 50/50 shot at nuclear utilization to protect Ukraine? That’s what I’m getting at here. Everyone is riled up in the rah rah let’s get ‘em but what is actually going to happen here? 

It's a fair question. 

The problem is, what's your alternative? If Putin is willing to take over Ukraine, and the world does nothing for fear of nuclear utilization, what else does the world allow? It's not like he wasn't warned. He just didn't believe the Western world would follow through. He thought it would be more milquetoast in word only sanctions, and the usual suspects would protect their flow of Russian money and resources. You could hear him basically say it in his public addresses to his leadership councils and oligarchs. 

Part of the problem isn't that the West pushed back on his invasion of Ukraine. The problem is they weren't more serious when he took Crimea and carved out the Donbas. If they had frozen Russia out of the market back then and moved in unison to support Ukraine at that point, we wouldn't be in this situation. Better to carve a line in the sand at this juncture rather than kick the can down the road for Putin or whoever else has similar leverage in the future. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Joey Biden is literally about to stomp the throat of Communism and no CR trolls are here to be found. Inflation? Not real. Supply chain issues? No we just want short term gains. The Economy? Fucking your mom with the best numbers she’s ever had before she met your worthless dad.

It took him literally 2 weeks start to finish. Told the world Putin’s moves he would make and let the world follow through on the most high school “gang up on you” bullshit I’ve seen.

Thank you Joey

house-of-cards-francis-underwood.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

I don’t think anyone on late nite Surl needs another drink. Or they need 10 more. No in between.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй