Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, Dr Climax said:

I just saw this:

ABC News
@ABC
LATEST: https://abcn.ws/3vyCjVP/GFy

- Nearly 27,000 dead Russian soldiers since start of invasion.
-Zelensky now offering a liter of Khor vodka to patriots per head of every dead Russian serviceman.
- U.S. official: Northrop in discussion with Zelensky to fast track production of YF-23s in time to see service in current conflict/ per Eurounion blessing, special guest Ethiopia will remain neutral in vote
- Putin rumored to be hiding out in steel reinforced bunker in Benghazi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John C Reilly Seriously GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just saw this:

ABC News
@ABC

-Zelensky now offering a liter of Khor vodka to patriots per head of every dead Russian serviceman.
- U.S. official: Northrop in discussion with Zelensky to fast track production of YF-23s in time to see service in current conflict/ per Eurounion blessing, special guest Ethiopia will remain neutral in vote

Where does one even start with this nonsense?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:
6 minutes ago, Dr Climax said:
I just saw this:

ABC News
@ABC

Where does one even start with this nonsense?

Laugh? That’s what I did. I mean, it is funny, to me at least. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Radio free Europe is still active! They've been putting out frontline journalism from Ukraine

Good. There was a lot of fuckery with RFE and VoA the last couple of years that seemed to not be in the Ukrainians favor.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Pakistan is really a client state of China, so India is kind of a client state of Russia.  They have even jointly developed weapons together.

That said, I believe the relationship is more of convenience than actually affinity or alignment.  Nevertheless, I think they felt politically bound to abstain.  It's telling that they didn't vote against.

Us pumping billions into Pakistan during our war on terror didnt help relations with India either. I know its reddit but there is a vicious fuck the west/fuck the us sentiment in several of the Indian subreddits

• Hook 'Em 1

I just saw this:

ABC News
@ABC

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

These Ukrainian folks appear hardworking, intelligent, resourceful and competent.  And yet their government had been one of the worst in Europe.  Why?  Seems the one precludes the other.

Corruption is widespread in Ukrainian society.[1][2] In 2012 Ernst & Young put Ukraine among the three most-corrupt nations of the world—alongside Colombia and Brazil.[3] In 2015 The Guardian called Ukraine "the most corrupt nation in Europe".[4] According to a poll conducted by Ernst & Young in 2017, experts considered Ukraine to be the ninth-most corrupt nation in the world.[5] According to Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index (a scale of least to most corrupt nations), Ukraine ranked 122nd out of 180 countries in 2021, the second most corrupt in Europe, ahead of Russia.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Ukraine

2 hours ago, Deej said:

It doesn't help Ukraine that the City of Austin isn't included in that group.

My 7 1/2 years in Buenos Aires, Argentina have me laughing at your thinking that Austin is a really corrupt city. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Love seeing this. The boy is not in the city at the moment, but when he gets back…it looks like there will be a great deal for him to do.
Humanity in the face of inhumanity is our great act of defiance. I am glad to see the fighting spirit alive - in the actual fight of the Ukrainians on the ground, and in the defiant humanity of the millions who are there to support them.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-businessman-places-1m-bounty-231620021.html

So now we have an actual bounty on Putin.  Seems like a PR stunt to me, but nonetheless $1 million dollar bounty.  (Also, not sure about this, but on US soil he has just actively solicited a criminal murder for hire scheme, not that I think anyone would criminally indict him).  

• Like 1

So now we have an actual bounty on Putin.  Seems like a PR stunt to me, but nonetheless $1 million dollar bounty.  (Also, not sure about this, but on US soil he has just actively solicited a criminal murder for hire scheme, not that I think anyone would criminally indict him).  

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

giphy.gif

Indeed, sort of Dr. Evil like shit, nonsensical.  That having been said, I imagine this has to be nipped in the bud right away.  The FBI can issue reward money for arrest or capture of anyone afoul of the law, but a private person (yes even not a citizen) doing this under any guise from our soil is strictly illegal.  Where would it stop, this has to be prosecuted, otherwise we are turning a blind eye towards lawlessness, which could be contrived legally as state sanctioned murder.  This will be an unpopular opinion but if we don't shut this down we risk looking lawless in the eyes of the international world.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

He didn’t say kill. He said arrest. But yes, a PR stunt. A million dollars is a hilariously low sum to induce someone to take action against Pooty.

22 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Your Kharkiv update

• Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

From that thread - from an interview with Viktor Surorov. He's a former Soviet GRU officer.

2e2545ea27df5af067a215bb6b044563.jpg
giphy.gif

I want to believe.  It sounds very plausible.

The way the Soviets controlled everything from education, to research, to manufacturing meant that, despite their economic woes, the shit got built and was reasonably effective (never up to western standards, I don't believe) and far more effective than what the kleptocracy can do with no profit motive (Russians are still good at oil/gas technology and rocketry, because it's paid for by foreigners).

3 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Anyone can get caught looking the wrong way, and all the air show stuff is cool if you can point the nose and or get an off bore sight shot off, but energy is still energy, and if you cash a lot of it in and miss you’re fairly screwed.

Nevertheless, at various points in military aviation history, obsolescent technology has proven more than up to the task of challenging and defeating subsequent, or even the latest and greatest, technology.

Nevertheless, at various points in military aviation history, obsolescent technology has proven more than up to the task of challenging and defeating subsequent, or even the latest and greatest, technology.

Take the Sopwith Camel’s success in MIG Alley for example.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

My comment was supporting your point. Also, technology doesn’t account for the ability of the pilot, training or tactics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/03/2/7327539/

Russia’s secret documents: war in Ukraine was to last 15 days

OLENA ROSHCHINA — WEDNESDAY, 2 MARCH 2022, 19:40

Ukraine has seized Russian military plans concerning the war against Ukraine from the 810th Brigade of the battalion tactical group of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet Marines. These documents were approved on 18 January.

Source: Joint Forces Operations Command on Facebook

Quote: "The Armed Forces of Ukraine are succeeding in inflicting losses on the Russian invaders. They are losing equipment and manpower, but also – in a panic – they leave their secret documents behind [when fleeing].

This is how we have come into possession of the plans of a battalion tactical group of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet Marines.

Among the retrieved documents are a working map, combat mission, call sign table, control signal tables, hidden control tables, personnel list, etc.

According to this information, the plans for the war with Ukraine were approved on 18 January 2022. The plans anticipated that the capture of Ukraine must be executed within 15 days, from 20 February to 6 March."

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/03/2/7327539/

Russia’s secret documents: war in Ukraine was to last 15 days

OLENA ROSHCHINA — WEDNESDAY, 2 MARCH 2022, 19:40

I've read that it's not actually 15 days, but that there were 15 days of radio codes/callsigns, and that they'd get new ones every 15 days.

Regardless, they are way off of their time table if their supplies are not getting to the front and they are running out of food and fuel.

Just now, UpperWestside said:

I read a lot of your posts that you put on here. I have said this to 956 as well as others, but thank you for educating me better about what happens in parts of the world I do not know near as well or as intimately as you do. As a community here we are blessed to have you. Wearing that hoodie is cool in my book as well. Anything that helps raise awareness and maybe even engages people who don’t realize exactly what is going on half a world away is a good thing. Again thank you for your contributions here. They are much appreciated from many folks I would assume.

Appreciate it. Happy to be here and proud to be a Longhorn. Right now just running overwatch for a client there. They are the badasses. Moving about 1K people a day and so damn impressed. Me wearing a hoodie and having a nice dark beer is the least I can do. 

Eastern Europe is not my area so I stay quiet most of the time. Agree, we are blessed we have some real experts. They know who they are. 

I Am not in Austin, so get your ass and go support the Women Basketball team! When I get back I will get you a beer at the Posse East. Hook Em and thank you. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Indeed, sort of Dr. Evil like shit, nonsensical.  That having been said, I imagine this has to be nipped in the bud right away.  The FBI can issue reward money for arrest or capture of anyone afoul of the law, but a private person (yes even not a citizen) doing this under any guise from our soil is strictly illegal.  Where would it stop, this has to be prosecuted, otherwise we are turning a blind eye towards lawlessness, which could be contrived legally as state sanctioned murder.  This will be an unpopular opinion but if we don't shut this down we risk looking lawless in the eyes of the international world.  

You haven't prowled around the Dark Web, where for $1,250 you can have somebody walk into a business, announce that such-and-such person who works there better stop trying to have sex with this 13 year-old daughter or he's going to have him arrested.  It just so happens that the such-and-such person he mentioned was an asshole to you in school almost 30 years ago, constantly calling you skinny, telling everybody that you keyed his dad's '87 Grand National, (which you actually did do, and in hindsight 40-something you still shudders at the memory of the sound of your keys scratching the shit out of it), and that you were trying to get in the panties of your English teacher (which you were trying to do, but it was embarrassing to be called out for it).

Anyways, that's all hypothetical, but the point is, you can do this kind of shit in the US (put a bounty out for somebody, even if it's to arrest them), and it probably happens a lot.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You haven't prowled around the Dark Web, where for $1,250 you can have somebody walk into a business, announce that such-and-such person who works there better stop trying to have sex with this 13 year-old daughter or he's going to have him arrested.  It just so happens that the such-and-such person he mentioned was an asshole to you in school almost 30 years ago, constantly calling you skinny, telling everybody that you keyed his dad's '87 Grand National, (which you actually did do, and in hindsight 40-something you still shudders at the memory of the sound of your keys scratching the shit out of it), and that you were trying to get in the panties of your English teacher (which you were trying to do, but it was embarrassing to be called out for it).

Anyways, that's all hypothetical, but the point is, you can do this kind of shit in the US (put a bounty out for somebody, even if it's to arrest them), and it probably happens a lot.

And you are one of the bad asses I was referring to. All the Rep Sir. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Toss Spotify in that list of companies bailing on Russia/stopping business with Russia.

I know these things may not seem like a big deal to us, maybe along the "thoughts and prayers" kind of stuff, but every one of these will make some Russians somewhere go "why is the world against us, why is everybody bailing on us?"  And some of those could even be putting Russians out of work, which is also going to make those folks pissed off and wonder why they lost their jobs.  All of this stuff, the companies bailing, the loss of events, etc. will wear on the Russian people to some extent.

And the fact that the government is having to roll out a national program for school kids to explain why the invasion is necessary means the government hasn't been able to sell it.

And it could also be a program that encourages kids to report their parents/other adults who maybe aren't supporting the invasion like they should.  Hey, the country is run by ex-KGB, and they are arresting little kids and old women for speaking out, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

• Hook 'Em 4

Fuck all of that. The revolution starts when the cannot buy three stripes. 

Squats in bushes, heels on ground
I need no better way
To keep the western spies away
Big and fearless like a bear
Tracksuit with the stripes I wear
From Krakow to Kamchatka
I'm the patron saint of vodka

And I love this song. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

summary of the current situation as seen by former army basic infantryman. Roughly twenty minutes, I enjoy this channel as an accessible format for smooth brains, hosted by a smooth brain, but he's actually a good researcher and explains things well. I think he's done a video every day? Easy way to catch up versus piecing together a million tweets.

TLDR/W: While we all want to believe the slow advance and stopping of the russians is due to getting their ass beat, it might be the actual playbook and we just aren't used to it compared to how the US handled Iraq with shock and awe fast movement. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Love seeing this. The boy is not in the city at the moment, but when he gets back…it looks like there will be a great deal for him to do.
Humanity in the face of inhumanity is our great act of defiance. I am glad to see the fighting spirit alive - in the actual fight of the Ukrainians on the ground, and in the defiant humanity of the millions who are there to support them.

So in lot with the world.  I just took down a poker room.  Accepted a job at Amazon.  Like I'm basically sucking my own dick right now