Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

"they all fall".  The followers, if you look at my sentence again.  The leaders do pretty well for the most part.  

And for those that don't fall, they'll die off soon enough.  Those that persist can be put on trains.

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I mean, we all die. Your original post is just not an accurate statement. It’s the kind of thing people throw out there and everyone nods knowingly, but it’s patently false. It’s dangerous, because it either ignores the appeal of having a charismatic leader who stops at nothing to gain victory, and therefore underestimates that appeal (or in dire enough situations, necessity), or it makes it seem like good always triumphs in the end, which is mostly a matter of perspective. 

We do have the concept of a benevolent dictator, a "healthy," or "positive" narcissist....Lincoln and FDR both had the ego to shred the law to bring about their desired aims. The believed they knew better than the masses and were not hesitant to act on their egos. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

So it's apparent that the Russian plan was to capture Antinov airport with an airborne insertion, have the paratroopers hold it for the 18-36 hours necessary for the tanks to arrive, and then resupply the army attacking/occupying Kyiv through the airport.  And all of the supply failures that have followed have their root in the failure of the initial inability to take and hold the airport.

From what we've seen overall, there's a decent chance that if the paratroopers held out until tanks arrived, and the tanks and follow-ups fought like maniacs to keep the airport open, the air transport still wouldn't have arrived, for some bumbling tragic eternally sorrowful Russian reason.

This regime just wasn't ready to take on anybody even half its weight.

16 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Haven’t seen this posted, but what company this is:

Also thoughts and prayers to the CVS and Starbucks and Target stores Of Russia and China and Saudi Arabia on their upcoming looting.  We here in the United States continue to back the blue or whatever color the law-enforcement agency of your fascist nation might be adorned in .  Also if your citizenry, like their government,, claims to be anti-fascist was also claiming that their soup is just cans of soup for their family… Please be vigilant Please be vigilant

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

Half of those countries hit the “decline “ button immediately. The others are trying to figure out a way to take advantage of Putin not being able to attend the summit due to the new concrete shoes he got as a present.

"Concrete shoes no fit. Need tailoring."  Lulz. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Oh I was definitely slow to get back.  Hell I never fully got back in.   Edit to say my post kind of went off in a tangent on equities I didn't intend.  It was really more of an example of that same fucking feeling in my gut I had 2 years ago that shits about to not be normal for a while.  I know others feel the same.  It sucks.

Yeah, I think that's the universal feeling. I know I have it. The only way this would be over quickly is if Ukraine just laid down and let Putin do what he wants. That ain't happening, nor should it.

I also don't have the feeling Putin is going anywhere anytime soon (i.e. a coup in Russia). I think we're going to be sitting in this holding pattern for a while. 

Umm....what?

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2022-03-02/japanese-cargo-ship-russian-missile-strike-repairs-turkey-5196733.html

Japanese cargo ship is in Turkey for repairs following missile strike off Ukraine
BY HANA KUSUMOTO• STARS AND STRIPES • MARCH 2, 2022

TOKYO – A Japanese-owned cargo ship is undergoing repairs in Turkey days after a rocket attack in the Black Sea off Ukraine’s coast, according to a cabinet minister in Japan.

One of the 20 Filipino crewmen aboard was injured but the bulk carrier Namura Queen left the area under its own steam after Friday’s attack. The ship is the property of an overseas subsidiary of a Japanese firm but flies a Panamanian flag, Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Tetsuo Saito told reporters Tuesday.

The Ukraine Infrastructure Ministry attributed the strike to Russia, Reuters reported Friday.

Nikko Kisen, a firm based in Ehime prefecture in western Japan, is the ship’s registered owner, according to VesselFinder.com. A company representative declined comment when reached by phone Tuesday by Stars and Stripes.

The vessel is in port at Yalova, Turkey, east of Istanbul on the Sea of Marmara, according to MarineTraffic.com. It was anchored east of Odessa, Ukraine, when the projectile slammed into the aft portion of its superstructure, according to FleetMon.com. Both sites specialize in tracking ships.

Photographs online show a breach in the structure and smoke wafting from the vessel.

In response to the incident, Saito said the ministry alerted the shipping industry and international shipping businesses to secure the safety of their ships in waters near Ukraine.

The Namura Queen was struck while its crew waited to load corn, TV Asahi reported on Saturday.

The ship, built in 2020, was the second commercial vessel struck by a projectile following the invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces on Feb. 24. The Yasa Jupiter, a Turkish bulk carrier flagged by the Marshall Islands, was struck that day off Odessa and slightly damaged, according to Reuters and Splash247.com.

Three now?

https://t.me/ukrpravda_news/8455

ВМС росії завдали ракетний удар по судну під прапором Бангладеша у порті "Ольвія" — внаслідок атаки загинув член екіпажу

Translation: Russian Navy launches missile strike on Bangladesh-flagged ship in Olbia port - crew member killed in attack

Edited by MillerEP

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

A convoy of Russian vehicles stopped in Katyuzhanka near Kiev. They have no fuel and ammunition. The soldiers are ready to surrender.

womp womp

Maybe NATO can bring in fuel to that 60 mile long supply chain so they can hurry up and get to Kiev to surrender

• Hook 'Em 1

Umm....what?
https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2022-03-02/japanese-cargo-ship-russian-missile-strike-repairs-turkey-5196733.html
Japanese cargo ship is in Turkey for repairs following missile strike off Ukraine
BY HANA KUSUMOTO• STARS AND STRIPES • MARCH 2, 2022
TOKYO – A Japanese-owned cargo ship is undergoing repairs in Turkey days after a rocket attack in the Black Sea off Ukraine’s coast, according to a cabinet minister in Japan.
One of the 20 Filipino crewmen aboard was injured but the bulk carrier Namura Queen left the area under its own steam after Friday’s attack. The ship is the property of an overseas subsidiary of a Japanese firm but flies a Panamanian flag, Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Tetsuo Saito told reporters Tuesday.
The Ukraine Infrastructure Ministry attributed the strike to Russia, Reuters reported Friday.
Nikko Kisen, a firm based in Ehime prefecture in western Japan, is the ship’s registered owner, according to VesselFinder.com. A company representative declined comment when reached by phone Tuesday by Stars and Stripes.
The vessel is in port at Yalova, Turkey, east of Istanbul on the Sea of Marmara, according to MarineTraffic.com. It was anchored east of Odessa, Ukraine, when the projectile slammed into the aft portion of its superstructure, according to FleetMon.com. Both sites specialize in tracking ships.
Photographs online show a breach in the structure and smoke wafting from the vessel.
In response to the incident, Saito said the ministry alerted the shipping industry and international shipping businesses to secure the safety of their ships in waters near Ukraine.
The Namura Queen was struck while its crew waited to load corn, TV Asahi reported on Saturday.
The ship, built in 2020, was the second commercial vessel struck by a projectile following the invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces on Feb. 24. The Yasa Jupiter, a Turkish bulk carrier flagged by the Marshall Islands, was struck that day off Odessa and slightly damaged, according to Reuters and Splash247.com.

Three now?
https://t.me/ukrpravda_news/8455
ВМС росії завдали ракетний удар по судну під прапором Бангладеша у порті "Ольвія" — внаслідок атаки загинув член екіпажу
Translation: Russian Navy launches missile strike on Bangladesh-flagged ship in Olbia port - crew member killed in attack

Russia can’t even sink regular ships. I mean the Germans mastered this in 1942. 80 years later Russia can’t. Unbelievable.

I really hope this number is accurate, I know it probably isn't but moving into 5 digit Russian dead would be HUGE.

Moldovan Foreign Ministry summons Belarusian ambassador over map shown by Lukashenko 

^Haha, I hope this turns them closer to the EU

Edited by MillerEP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

From that thread - from an interview with Viktor Surorov. He's a former Soviet GRU officer.

2e2545ea27df5af067a215bb6b044563.jpg
giphy.gif

Not sure about the last three responses, but the first is definitely false.  The west is concerned with Russia’s nuclear arsenal and it is the primary consideration in our participation in the conflict.   Arguably their most concerning missiles are their submarine launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs).  Russia has 11 ballistic missile submarines, and their modern subs can hold 16 Bulava SLBMs.  A single Bulava can hold 6 to 10 warheads.  The Bulava is a modern missile designed in this century and successfully tested and deployed just a few years ago.  They are manufactured in Votkinsk, Russia.  We have no intercept system that can stop it.  So a single Russian sub can hit the US with as many as 160 nuclear warheads.       

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

I'm not an IT nerd but I think the big problem is access.  Everyone wants it.  With the military the general says you know I think I need access to that. IT guy says but why. BGeneral says because I'm the fucking general.  Then his little dog robbers demand the same thing. It's not different with NERC.  And you're absolutely right about the top down issue.  It's kind of like the sanctions thing. We are like we will have this crazy sanction structure but and then there is 100 pages of loop holes.  

RMF is one place it’s really hard for a GO to flex any muscle. This process is entirely out of their food chain and in that first year there were some significant programs that weren’t compliant, and no amount of yelling fixed it. I have more questions, but it’s probably better for another thread. 

5 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

The Russians are gonna run out of supply trucks

I've posted this article a few times, it's from last November, but it has applied quite well to the lack of movement and what seems to be Russians not being able to get far from their supply depots.

https://warontherocks.com/2021/11/feeding-the-bear-a-closer-look-at-russian-army-logistics/

Scroll down to this paragraph:

"Russia’s truck logistic support, which would be crucial in an invasion of Eastern Europe, is limited by the number of trucks and range of operations. "

All those trucks idling in that 40-mile convoy?  They are burning up a shitload of fuel keeping warm.  They are not making back-and-forth trips getting supplies to the troops and other vehicles in the front.

For all intents and purposes, the longer those trucks sit there in that convoy, the more they resemble not-so-portable storage units that aren't keeping the troops in combat supplied.

And every truck destroyed means another truck has to make that truck's capacity up by running extra trips.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I really hope this number is accurate, I know it probably isn't but moving into 5 digit Russian dead would be HUGE.

Moldovan Foreign Ministry summons Belarusian ambassador over map shown by Lukashenko 

^Haha, I hope this turns them closer to the EU

Russia doesn’t give a fuck about dead bodies in war. It’s built into their war mentality and they believe it won them WW2,

We loaded up on beans, rice and pasta, along with canned goods. Probably two weeks that could be stretched to three. If shit goes sideways, I’ll fight the store for more to possibly double up.
I've always got the asshole deer that come on my porch and eat everything as a back up plan for food.
Plus a fully stocked pantry. Buy moth traps tho, nasty evil weevil bastards

14 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Russia doesn’t give a fuck about dead bodies in war. It’s built into their war mentality and they believe it won them WW2,

The ruskie army has mobile crematorium vehicles that can "evaporate" dead soldiers:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/24/russia-has-mobile-crematoriums-that-evaporate-the-dead-report/

• Like 1

Good interview from former oligarch who famously was jailed and stripped of his wealth by Putin so he could put someone more loyal in his place. 

The interviewer is French, so both people are translated. I can’t speak to the quality of the translations. The answer to the question regarding nuclear war at the end got a little confusing to me, but I got the jist of it. Also, he uses some arbitrary timelines regarding a change in control of the government without explaining the timelines. 

Still, overall a very interesting perspective. I felt like it was time well spent giving his opinion on Putin’s possible current mindset.  

• Like 1