Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m not even white and I’m like ‘holy shit, full scale war in Europe?!’

If you’re rich enough and not Arab you “become” white

4 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I dunno man, send them Candice Popp and Blind Nate. This war would be over tomorrow…

image.gif.95bf366f00ba578f526943169523c346.gif

Holly shit Candy Popp is still alive? Good for her.

16 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

You’re not wrong. It’s frightening thinking about a 6 reactor nuclear power plant being in the middle of a war zone. 

It feels like this should have been addressed in a very large public way by the leaders of various countries prior to right now. I’m hoping something gets said about it immediately. 

I don’t understand all the consequences we’re looking at, but I’ve heard and read a tiny bit about Fukushima. Nothing good can come of this, of that I’m sure. 

we have thousands of the worst goddamn things ever pointed at each other. or in this case just sitting there in a now hot war zone. 

like all things human - it will eventually happen and shit will go south, and then it will be addressed in a manor that is more logical with longer term considerations. till then pucker up my man. almost made it to Friday. the view is great from here

Edited by staboner

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

we have thousands of the worst goddamn things ever pointed at each other. or in this case just sitting there in a now hot war zone. 

like all things human - it will eventually happen and shit will go south, and then it will be addressed in a manor that is more logical with longer term considerations. till then pucker up my man. almost made it to Friday. the view is great from here

In a manor? Which manor? This manor?

Grantley_Hall_Exterior_Twilight%20lr.jpg

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, NoName said:

don't see you or most others pushing to enter any of those conflicts, which are worse in basically every way for humanity as a whole when it comes to how many folks it has impacted, just because the fucking Ruskies are not on the other side.

Also... the people in those conflicts aren't white.

20 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

by the way, not to derail here, but all you fucks that think ERCOT fucked up Feb of 2021, you're wront. ERCOT DISTRIBUTES energy to where it's needed. not their fault if plants shut down and they don't have the energy to distribute (a unit at the plant I work at was one that tripped). and fuck wind energy.

/rant over.

Dad?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, staboner said:

It's pronounced MAY-ner.

• Haha 3

If they are going to intentionally bomb a fucking nuclear plant it doesn’t matter if I’m ready or not. They clearly are which means we sure as fuck need to be. 

I believe the blast radius of a 100MT nuclear weapon is about 40 miles. That’s 40 miles in every direction. How many did the Chernobyl meltdown kill? 60 people?

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

If they are going to intentionally bomb a fucking nuclear plant it doesn’t matter if I’m ready or not. They clearly are which means we sure as fuck need to be. 

I think the thing is you/we are thinking rationally,  I don’t think Putin is.  Who the fuck rationally invades a neighbor he could control if he were half the man he thought he was?  

1 minute ago, staboner said:

we have thousands of the worst goddamn things ever point at each other. or in this case just sitting there in a now hot war zone. 

I’ve told people for years the chances of another nuclear detonation occurring at some point is 100%. It’s an 80 year old technology for goodness sakes. 9 countries now have nuclear weapons.

I don’t really believe this, but there’s a part of me that feels like the US should have just nuked any country that tried to build their own arsenal at the very beginning. I don’t think that would have solved anything either, obviously. Just made people more committed to overthrowing what would have amounted to the US having too much power. 

I hope this isn’t when the next one goes off. But even if it doesn’t, it’s going to eventually. I’d like to keep kicking that can as far down the road as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Dad?

The hatred of windmills is the part I just don't get, it defies logic on so many levels, its still energy production, going to be produced by the same people that currently produce energy.  Am I surrounded by legions of Don Quixote?  Just fucking weird.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I don’t really believe this, but there’s a part of me that feels like the US should have just nuked any country that tried to build their own arsenal at the very beginning.

Yeah, no. The minute we did that Russia would have got trigger happy.

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I believe the blast radius of a 100MT nuclear weapon is about 40 miles. That’s 40 miles in every direction. How many did the Chernobyl meltdown kill? 60 people?

lol - USSR I think acknowledged 39 total deaths directly attributed, but it was more like hundreds of thousands via cancers and shorter life spans.  Maybe even upward of a million.  Remember, they used human "liquidators" to clean the roof of the exposed radioactive graphite.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

So, the world is on the brink of nuclear catastrophe just because one motherfucker wants a country?
Why are we all putting up with this bullshit?

Because he has the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet. And no one is sending their children to die for Ukraine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, staboner said:

Jurassic Park Life GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty sure it was responsible in the end for significantly more than that, with all the super exotic cancers, thyroid disease and birth defects.

lol - USSR I think acknowledged 39 total deaths directly attributed, but it was more like hundreds of thousands via cancers and shorter life spans.  Maybe even upward of a million.  Remember, they used human "liquidators" to clean the roof of the exposed radioactive graphite.  

I’m talking about in the initial explosion. But since you brought it up: now imagine the fallout from a 100MT bomb vs the (contested) long term numbers from Chernobyl. And that’s just one bomb.

Saying that you want to get into a nuclear war because of an attack on a nuclear power plant is stupid.

Just now, ONE YARD said:

looks like hbo is about to get their sequel. 

I do enjoy the people that have watched The Simpsons and the Chernobyl miniseries and now think they have the requisite level of knowledge to speak intelligently about nuclear power. Dunning-Krueger in full effect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Xi doesn't wanna nuke anyone and neither does Biden. Russia has been the only country to threaten using nukes after we actually used them offensively. It's fucking absurd that nukes are even on the table over the ukranian conflict. 

• Hook 'Em 2

No more attempts at negotiations. While the financial and other sanctions have certainly tightened the noose…Putin is deranged and like a rabid dog it’s time to put him down. Like now. Reports are he’s isolated and surrounded by yes men only and it’s doubtful we can stop him unless we take his ass out. I’m not ready for all of this either but it’s time. He cannot be stopped unless he is killed and we’d be doing all of russia a favor.

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

We kinda already have. I think they have seen enough to know that what Russia is doing here and what they want from taiwan are in no way the same. 

Like a good agent, China just wants their 10% cut, they don't want to do any work...

10 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Also... the people in those conflicts aren't white.

Do you sincerely believe this? That the world should do what it’s doing to Russia regarding Ukraine with Yemen, Mexico, Syria, or Nigeria, and the reason it hasn’t is because those people aren’t white?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Once the reality of the economic situation in Russia sets in, Putin will be taken out internally. He’s literally destroyed all the progress they’ve made since WWII because he’s got little man syndrome. I don’t think he makes it to the end of the year.

people keep saying this, but who is going to take him out? All the people closest to him are going to be on the take as well and will be fine. You think the people are going to storm the Kremlin like they did on Jan 6th here to stop the election? News flash, their kremlin folks aren't like the capitol police, they will shoot the fuck out of them immediately.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m talking about in the initial explosion. But since you brought it up: now imagine the fallout from a 100MT bomb vs the (contested) long term numbers from Chernobyl. And that’s just one bomb.

Saying that you want to get into a nuclear war because of an attack on a nuclear power plant is stupid.

this wouldn't be happening if Ukraine had just built enough solar panels and windmills.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Grimas said:

My high school kid just told me that his history teacher told them Russia was invading Ukraine to get the neo-nazis...  Argh...

7 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Where the hell is your kid’s school? St Petersburg?

No, his kid's school is in Calumet, Colorado, and that teacher doesn't want to end up like like another Calument HS teacher did.

• Hook 'Em 1

We take out Putin and then contact the rest of the government and tell each person.: “You have x,y,x timeframe  to get out of Ukraine. If you do kit start pulling out within that timeframe we will kill each member of the government every hour that you delay. We will kill you. And your family every hour until you comply. Do you understand? 

Edited by Nicole44