Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Lot of miseducation about the USSR.  Everyone being equal is horseshit.  There was the ruling class then everyone else.  Pretty similar to current day Russia to be fair.

RU is openly talking about needing to 'purify' the elites which shows they don't think twice about how they've relegated the serf class. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

Saw a guy coming out of the local grocery store head to toe in bright red Russian sweat suit with big gold "CCCP" letters on the chest and down the leg. What a chode. Would've been  a real shame to see him accidentally hit by a car. 

OTOH I saw Ministry live last night and they opened with this graphic: 

IMG_4A843739051E-1.jpeg.4d2f9017c8626875c14cbeba38b112e1.jpeg

Saturday at the Dallas Texadelphia, a guy in his late teens (couldn't tell if HP senior or SMU freshman) wore a T-shirt with the Soviet red star. Some people are just fucking tone deaf.

Everyone needs to get ready to hear about something truly awful in Sumy area.  Russia DefMin statement:

Statement of the Joint Coordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response in Ukraine

️New false staged provocations to accuse the Russian Armed Forces of allegedly abusing the population of Ukraine are being prepared by the Kiev regime under the guidance of the British intelligence services in Sumy region.

️Representatives of the Ukrainian and Western media have been invited to Seredina Buda town in Sumy Region, which was formerly under the control of Russian troops, to conduct staged video footage. In order to conceal the provocation and prevent it from being exposed by real witnesses, a curfew has been imposed in the city and the local population has been forcibly evicted from the places where the filming took place.

▫️In Nizhnyaya Syrovatka near Sumy, bodies are being dragged into one of the basements of residential buildings to be presented as allegedly another victim of the Russian Army. As conceived by the "British filmmakers", units of Russian troops allegedly massacred and humiliated civilians as they withdrew. Another fake will be promoted by the Western media in the very near future. Its aim is to further increase Russophobia against the backdrop of Europe's rapidly developing economic crisis.

️Please note that Russian troops withdrew from this location three weeks ago - on March 20. Such events, if they really happened, could not have failed to become public in such a long period. Moreover, the Kiev regime is looking for any reasons to accuse Russia of genocide of the Ukrainians. A whole network of foreign information-psychological influences on the population is currently operating in Ukraine, producing "dirty tricks" on a professional basis. We will see the results of their anti-Russian activities more than once.

▫️The Ukrainian authorities also make extensive use of interested countries and non-profit organisations. 

▫️For example, the French leadership has sent a group of French servicemen and the Gendarmerie to Ukraine to collect information on alleged crimes committed by Russian servicemen, together with representatives of the "International Commission on Missing Persons" (created at the initiative of the USA). 

▫️On April 11, French special operations forces personnel, together with technical experts from the French Gendarmerie and the Interior Ministry, arrived in Ukraine via Germany and Poland through the so-called "diplomatic corridor".

Given the partisanship of these "experts", there is no hope of an impartial investigation. Apparently, their main areas of activity will be to cover up numerous war crimes against the population of Ukraine and the Donetsk and Lugansk people's republics committed by the Ukrainian authorities over the last eight years, as well as fabricating accusations against the Russian Armed Forces.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #HumanitarianResponse

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This guy has been wrong before.  This absolutely must and will be confirmed. If it happened it is a gamechanger in terms of NATO response.

Let's say it's true. In your opinion, what would the NATO response look like?

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This guy has been wrong before.  This absolutely must and will be confirmed. If it happened it is a gamechanger in terms of NATO response.

seeing it on a lot of sites. Only thing close to a confirmation was attributed to the UA Embassy in Turkey.

But is it really a game changer for NATO? 

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

You’d be at everything short of war.  You’ll see the spigots come on for any type of tech and weaponry.  If confirmed that it was delivered by air, the debate over a no-fly zone will become acute. That hasn’t happened really, it’s all been in the public sphere but not a real NATO debate. And I think you’ll see a severing of all diplomatic ties with Russia from many members.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

You’d be at everything short of war.  You’ll see the spigots come on for any type of tech and weaponry.  If confirmed that it was delivered by air, the debate over a no-fly zone will become acute. That hasn’t happened really, it’s all been in the public sphere but not a real NATO debate. And I think you’ll see a severing of all diplomatic ties with Russia from many members.

I mean, hasn't Russia used chemical weapons before in Chechnya and Syria? And we didn't do shit.

That being said, it's picking up steam:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1594611/russia-chemical-weapons-ukraine-latest-vladimir-putin-mariupol

Russian forces have dropped a "poisonous substance of unknown origin" from a drone on military and civilian targets in the besieged port city, Mariupol, according to the city's Azov Battalion. People are reportedly suffering respiratory failure and neurological problems as a result. The Regiment's report states: "The victims have respiratory failure, vestibulo-atactic syndrome. The consequences of using an unknown substance are being clarified."

The development comes hours after President Joe Biden warned Russia would pay a "severe price" if it uses chemical weapons against Ukraine.

He did not expand on what the consequences would be, but ruled out direct confrontation between NATO and Russia.

Russia has denied using chemical or biological weapons during its assault on Ukraine which began February 24. 

But RIA news agency reports Russian-backed forces advocating this extreme warfare. 

‘Chemical weapon’ horror as Putin drops ‘poisonous substance’ on city - ‘People suffering’‘Chemical weapon’ horror as Putin drops ‘poisonous substance’ on city - ‘People suffering’ (Image: GETTY)

NACivilians walk past a burned building amid the ongoing conflict in the city of Mariupol (Image: GETTY)

Eduard Basurin, a representative of the People's Militia of the Donetsk People's Republic, reportedly said it would be necessary to "turn to the chemical troops" in Mariupol. 

Speaking about the Azovstal plant in the city, he said: "There are underground floors, so it makes no sense to take this object by storm. 

"Because you can put a large number of your soldiers and the enemy will not suffer losses as such. 

"Therefore, at the moment we need to deal with the blocking of this plant, find all the exits and entrances - in principle, it is possible to do it. 

"And after that, I think, turn to the chemical troops who will find a way to smoke the moles out of their holes."

Mariupol has been a key strategic target for the Russian troops since the start of the invasion with world leaders warning of a humanitarian disaster. 

More than 10,000 civilians have died in the Russian siege of Mariupol, the city's mayor has said.

Mayor Vadym Boychenko said corpses were "carpeted through the streets of our city" and that the death toll could be more than 20,000.

NADamaged civilian infrastructure in Mariupol (Image: GETTY)

He added that Russian forces brought mobile cremation equipment to the port city to dispose of the bodies.

He also accused them of refusing to allow humanitarian convoys access in an attempt to conceal the carnage.

While some have managed to escape from the southeastern city, Russian forces have violated many attempts to create humanitarian corridors.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, hasn't Russia used chemical weapons before in Chechnya and Syria? And we didn't do shit.

That being said, it's picking up steam:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1594611/russia-chemical-weapons-ukraine-latest-vladimir-putin-mariupol

We launched multiple cruise missile strikes with the French and British in Syria in response to chemicals weapons use. Chechnya was a different era and that information didn’t get out till later— and Chechnya has always been Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

is it time to reread the Gulag Archipelago? 

And the irony is that those 100-150 or so that they rounded up, could be the more competent ones.  They aren't rounding up the dudes who are keeping their heads down and passing on information that the upper management likes.  

Sure, Putin could go after those who aren't passing on truthful information, but that would mean that he's aware that they aren't passing on accurate information, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, that's a guy who's gonna fight hard and valiantly for Mother Russia. Forced conscription seems like a really bad idea in the Information Age.

Yep, going to lead to a lot more war crimes, especially given that he'll be fighting his fellow Ukrainians, whom he will blame for not surrendering.

Counterpoint is that he could run away first chance he gets.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

I might have a new favorite team. 

They are wild fans.  Went to a MANU game against them a few years back in England.  They had a shoulder to shoulder ring of security around their little fan section....and even then a few broke through when they scored.

This is great to see!

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

And I think you’ll see a severing of all diplomatic ties with Russia from many members.

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is really the first war that we've had truly play out on social media, to where we are seeing shit in near real-time, and this is in Europe's backyard, so Europe is more compelled to act, and technically we acted in Syria.  Chechnya was "a long time ago" relatively speaking, and still seen as a part of Russia.

I think you'd see Europe bust their asses to be completely rid of Russian oil/gas, and they'd do it ASAP.  Finland and Sweden would apply to NATO this month. 

I think you'd see pressure on China, etc., not to trade with Russia.  As it stands, Russia was all set to receive Chinese military hardware, and then we had our conversations with China, and since then, no Chinese hardware has shown up on Ukrainian battlefields.

People are still shocked at how quickly the US/Europe/other parts of the world, came together and started sanctioning Russia, and how much economic power we actually wielded.  Imagine if Russia goes over the line and we come down on China, India, etc., for still trading with them - China may have 18 months of wheat supplies, but it wouldn't take too much in the way of cutting them off to put them in a bind beyond that.

It's clear a lot of sanctions are going to be in place for a while, and a lot of wheat/etc. that we/Ukraine/Canada/etc. may have normally sent to China is going to go to other buyers if China continues siding with Russia, at a time when a small disruption in the food supply has serious consequences.  China is always looking ahead, and they will have a lot of people thinking about this stuff.

I don't know if it veers into no-fly zones, but I feel like we still have a lot of economic tools at our disposal, and we still have a lot of stuff we could give Ukraine (including maybe training their soldiers/pilots/etc. on larger systems).

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Seeing this from multiple sources 

This stuff makes me nervous, because it's all too easy to spread through social media.  Russia constantly does this shit, spreading false info, and then you see it get picked up enough, and a semi-legitimate news organization jumps on it, and then it gains more legitimacy, and so on.

I love the Kyiv Independent, but that reporter, as @956 Worldwide has mentioned, has gotten stuff wrong before.  He's personally connected to some of the areas hit the hardest.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, bolverk said:

There are two more escalatory sanctions steps available:

1) Full embargo of Russian goods and services.  This is not a big deal if implemented by the United States, as our trade with Russia is minimal.  But if implemented across Nato, it would be significant and very damaging to the Russian economy.

2) Secondary sanctions.  This is what we do with state sponsors of terrorism (e.g., Iran and North Korea).  It's not just an embargo on Russian goods and services; it's an embargo on any firm that does business with Russia.  It's essentially saying "if you do business with Russia, you will never do business with the United States."  It would make Russia completely toxic to any legitimate company, and would crater the Russian economy.

After that, you start talking about covert direct action before we get to direct military conflict.

I suspect the use of chemical weapons would get us to Step 1.  The use of nuclear weapons would get us to Step 2.

But damn--if the pictures are bad enough, chemical weapons might jump us straight to Step 2.

• Hook 'Em 2

And if somebody in the Azov Battalion, who are apparently close to being out of ammo/weapons, is playing around, and then you have the media repeating it like this, it can get spread around way too fast.

That's one of the pitfalls of social media - media organizations that are trying to jump on every breaking story they can, are constantly trawling social media, looking for a huge story.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, MillerEP said:

I posted it earlier but the Donetsk separatists were calling for chemicals weapons in Mariupol earlier.

Yeah, seeing that all over Social Media. Calling for and doing though are different. I agree with @atomheartbevo we need to be careful with this one. On that note, this pisses me off. I am not a staffer but I worked with CARITAS in a few places, including Austin as an intern. Needs verification but if true there is no way the Russians did not know what the building was. 

• Rage+1 4

Saw a guy coming out of the local grocery store head to toe in bright red Russian sweat suit with big gold "CCCP" letters on the chest and down the leg. What a chode. Would've been  a real shame to see him accidentally hit by a car. 
OTOH I saw Ministry live last night and they opened with this graphic: 
IMG_4A843739051E-1.jpeg.4d2f9017c8626875c14cbeba38b112e1.jpeg

They are still doing the fence thing?

54 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And if somebody in the Azov Battalion, who are apparently close to being out of ammo/weapons, is playing around, and then you have the media repeating it like this, it can get spread around way too fast.

That's one of the pitfalls of social media - media organizations that are trying to jump on every breaking story they can, are constantly trawling social media, looking for a huge story.

What is the Azov Battalion? I have seen it mentioned on this thread several times.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

What is the Azov Battalion? I have seen it mentioned on this thread several times.

paramilitary group. Supposed ties to Neo-nazis. For the most part active in SE Ukraine and the Russians hate em. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Edited by InkaUtexas
added link.
  • Hook 'Em 1