Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Sooner or later, that land belongs to Ukraine.   If there is peace now, it’s only temporary.  They are going to take it back from the inside out if nothing else.  

Not if Russia kills all the Ukrainians there and replaces them with Russians. They’ve done it before.
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It was in Ivanovo.

https://russia.liveuamap.com/en/2022/21-april-big-fire-at-chemical-plant-in-kinishma-of-ivanovo

Makes 3 destroyed chemical plants, inside Russia, in the last week

How far into Russia are we talking?  Cruise missiles, or a planted bomb?

ETA

It's a long ways into Russia.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 204223.png

Edited by Parliament

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All of that shit, and the batshit approach of doing something for two contradictory, mutually exclusive reasons, should sound very familiar to anyone around here who's been paying attention. 

We are a shitload more like Russia than many of us would like to acknowledge.

you got a mouse in your pocket?

49 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It was in Ivanovo.

https://russia.liveuamap.com/en/2022/21-april-big-fire-at-chemical-plant-in-kinishma-of-ivanovo

10 minutes ago, Parliament said:

ETA

I wonder if it wasn't like a struxnet 2.0 type of thing

The air reconnaissance unit of the Dnieper TRO "Azov" successfully adjusted the artillery with the help of a drone.

Today, near Izyum, our soldiers have significantly clouded the Russian artillery.

Approximately two howitzers 2A65 Msta-B and up to three cars with BC were destroyed.

Wow. In Russia, military registration and enlistment offices have been set on fire to stop the spring conscription. Since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, at least five cases are known: in the Moscow region, in Voronezh, in the Sverdlovsk region, Ivanovo region and Mordovia: https://t.me/istories_media/1108

^I so hope this is true.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hard to say, since Ukrainians are usually able to recover the bodies of their dead soldiers (minus the current occupied areas), and they get a proper burial and/or aren't left just lying around like the Russians do.  Ukraine has lost far less in terms of soldiers, simply because they are on defense and the attackers will almost always take heavier casualties against a well-prepared defense, plus Russia has expended a lot of heavier munitions against civilian areas (which is dumb as fuck since it doesn't help their military).

With that said, if Ukrainians were losing the kinds of numbers that the Russians are (even proportionally), I also think we'd see it/hear about it - Ukraine is not arresting people for talking about deaths, smartphones are everywhere, Ukrainians are not banned from social media in the West, etc.

I think the Russians will have many more officers dead just based on how their military works, versus Ukraine (who is more aligned with the West) - it feels like Ukrainian units have a lot more independence/self-reliance based on what we've seen, which speaks to NCOs and junior officers being trained/able to think on their own.

Russians on the other hand - their junior officers also have to do the kinds of stuff that Western NCOs do, and their higher-ranking officers are doing the kinds of things that our company/platoon officers in the West do, which means they are a lot more exposed at the front.   This also leads to their generals dying.

what difference does this really make?  Russian doctrine has always just been about numbers, of which they have a virtually limitless inventory of poor worthless idiots to send in waves at their oponent.  the 'leadership'  just has fancier uniforms and above average literacy (by russian standards).

the only time they ever looked  decent was when defending their homeland.  and really, the only people that suck at that are the french.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Parliament said:

ETA

Screenshot 2022-04-21 204223.png

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wonder if it wasn't like a struxnet 2.0 type of thing

I was thinking a relative or friend of a dead Russian soldier decided to get back at Russia and engaged in sabotage.  Or some Russian civilian whose parent(s) or grandparent(s) are Ukrainian. 

But the Tom Clancy fan in me likes the idea of Ukraine waging some hardcore cyber warfare.  

A Ukrainian soldier survived several bullets. The armor is Turkish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u8x70d/a_ukrainian_soldier_survived_several_bullets_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

In the Melitopol region, a man tore off the Russian flag and threw it into the trash. Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the man!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u8ugw4/in_the_melitopol_region_a_man_tore_off_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Russian invaders remove unique collection from Mariupol’s Museum of Medallion Art

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u918p2/russian_invaders_remove_unique_collection_from/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

^Stealing art is definitely not something Nazis would do right?

Ethiopians queue up to volunteer for Russia's fight in Ukraine

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u917s8/ethiopians_queue_up_to_volunteer_for_russias/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

39 minutes ago, wd40 said:

what difference does this really make?  Russian doctrine has always just been about numbers, of which they have a virtually limitless inventory of poor worthless idiots to send in waves at their oponent.  the 'leadership'  just has fancier uniforms and above average literacy (by russian standards).

the only time they ever looked  decent was when defending their homeland.  and really, the only people that suck at that are the french.

RU doesn't have the Baltic states anymore for throwing bodies at it. 

31 minutes ago, wd40 said:

True, but where are they?  Why are they recruiting Libyans, PMCs through Wagoner, pretending to recruit Syrians, trying to recruit those who left the military as far back as 2012, trying to convert conscripts to contracts (both voluntarily and involuntarily).

I get the thing about going to war with the army you have, not the army you want, but it feels like Putin should have been able to come up with tens of thousands, easily 50,000 more, fresh troops to throw into the mix.  They share a border with Ukraine and have a massive rail infrastructure, and two million people listed in their military’s reserves.  We should have seen trains rolling up to areas near the Ukrainians border constantly over the past 8 weeks, offloading hundreds and thousands of troops everyday.  

Even if they are low on tanks and IFVs, we should have seen tens of thousands of fresh troops rolling into the border areas and being given rifles, and transported to the front lines in captured civilians pickups   Something, anything    

Instead we get the Russian media talking about nukes and Putin pulling back from the Mariupol steel plants   

Something is way off.

Why is Russia afraid to truly go full-on mobilization and conscription? 

Peter Zeihan and others have talked about their demographic problems, while mentioning that we don’t even know if the numbers they release are off by just a little bit, or by a lot.  

Maybe Putin is going to truly stick to May 9th and the PMCs and Libyans and enticing ex-soldiers back are just there to bridge to May 9th and Putin throws out an arbitrary measurement of success and calls it a day somehow.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’ve spent my entire adult life contributing to a war machine, until now it didn’t make sense.  Now it does.  

My Vietnam war fighting, Raytheon radar creating dad feels the same way.   He smiles anytime I say the word Ukraine these days.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It was in Ivanovo.

Without more info, and being chemistry adjacent, my guess is the Ukrainians have identified a choke point in either the military or economic supply chain (probably via our intelligence) and are using in country saboteurs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Snacks said:

Largest economy in the world will feel the pain faster than a 3rd world economy.

That's... not how it works. That's not how any of this works. 

That's like saying a cockroach hurts an elephant more when it crawls over an elephant, than it feels when the elephant crawls over the cockroach.

5 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’ve spent my entire adult life contributing to a war machine, until now it didn’t make sense.  Now it does.  

Kinda does, doesn't it?

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We are a shitload more like Russia than many of us would like to acknowledge.

Yes. We are both bipedal hominids and likely the same species.

5o32tt.png

My dad still runs two miles a day at 78. Lately, he says it’s because he’s been trying to kill Russians for so long, but always was deployed to their “cushions”. He retired after thirty years, and the other day after one of his runs, we were on the phone. I asked him if he wanted me to call him back, and his response was laughingly)

“homesick, how else am gonna possibly get a Red kill if I don’t stay in shape?”
I hope I’m half the man he is.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, rpspeed said:

Putin calls off plan to storm Mariupol plant, opts for blockade instead

Putin, in a Kremlin meeting with Sergei Shoigu, his defence minister, gave the order to call off the plan to storm it, saying it was better to save the lives of Russian soldiers and officers and to sit back and wait while Ukrainian forces ran out of supplies

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-cancels-russian-plans-storm-mariupol-steel-plant-opts-blockade-instead-2022-04-21/

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

cheryl-cole-right.gif

Russia: That makes total sense!

Everybody else: The Russians don’t have enough troops to take all of Mariupol and the areas around it.

I don't see anything wrong with this strategy. The Ukrainians are stuck in the metallurgical yard without food, water and ammo. Why storm the them and incur casualties when they can surround them and starve them? In the end, it's still dead Ukrainians with fewer losses on the Russian side.

21 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I don't see anything wrong with this strategy. The Ukrainians are stuck in the metallurgical yard without food, water and ammo. Why storm the them and incur casualties when they can surround them and starve them? In the end, it's still dead Ukrainians with fewer losses on the Russian side.

There was a piece from Estonia intel that said all UKR intel planning, since 2014, pointed to taking Mariupol would be a huge RU goal and UKR stocked the hell out of food, water, and ammo there. There are reportedly still a couple thousand UKR troops in Mariupol/Azov steel plant which is why Putin pulled his troops back so they could continue to try to bomb the hell out of Azov steel plant. It is going to take a long siege. Those Azov plea videos may have been a propaganda to keep RU throwing bodies at Azov.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

@956 Worldwide   @Shady Ray etc. will appreciate this.  We finally have our actual reasons for the invasion.

Thank GIF

That tweet author was on a list or sanctioned individuals who aren’t allowed to enter Russia they released this week. Kamala Harris and Mark Zuckerberg also made the list, which shows you the extent to which this previously obscure English language commenter on Russian media has pissed them off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He actually also referenced wanting the entire south of the country to build a connection to Moldova.

And I have to tell you, if I'm Moldova I think I'm petitioning Romania for annexation right quick.  Moldova (Bessarabia) was part of Romania before the Soviet Union took it in a very quick war of aggression in 1940.  Moldovan and Romanian are basically the same language, and the culture is the same.  There's really no reason why Moldova, which is already facing Russian aggression, shouldn't seek security that Romania's Nato membership would bring.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

He actually also referenced wanting the entire south of the country to build a connection to Moldova.

And I have to tell you, if I'm Moldova I think I'm petitioning Romania for annexation right quick.  Moldova (Bessarabia) was part of Romania before the Soviet Union took it in a very quick war of aggression in 1940.  Moldovan and Romanian are basically the same language, and the culture is the same.  There's really no reason why Moldova, which is already facing Russian aggression, shouldn't seek security that Romania's Nato membership would bring.

I like where you are going here, but there are RU troops in breakaway areas of Moldova already, these areas are internationally recognized as Moldova. 

If Romania were to come to the aid of Moldova , or annex them in as you suggest, then theorectically the NATO article kicks in and we're all at war.

I dont think Moldova, a young Republic (1992 iirc), can rely on Romania unfortunately , in the same way UK is not likely to see any state/foreign direct troop involvement.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Moldova is getting EU membership application in, among other things. And when Russia tells you what they plan to do, people should listen.

Ukraine talking to Moldova

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is 2.5 million ruples even enough to buy a beer at the moody center?

According to the online calculators it's ~$33,000, so you could probably get 2 if they are domestics.

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2