Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I think it's more the case that:

1. if he knew specifics, OpSec requires him not to share, and

2. He's already spent the last few years pounding home the point that he's seen both these armies up close and personal, and that, plus his training and experience, is what leads him to his conclusions.

UA is well trained, well led, well supplied and above all, highly motivated. Orcs are the opposite of these, to an extreme.

He's also made the point that this is why democratic regimes are more powerful militarily than authoritarian ones.

Who can tell any more?

☝️and more from Darth Putin because he's been absolutely on fire today

it's not hard to say:

1. better weapons systems now that the west is fully engaged,

2. better training especially with strategy and supply chain support,

3. better intel, US has been giving intel from years back, this advantage has been in place for the longest,

4. Russian army is depleted from corruption and lack of innovation, and

5. this is their homeland, they have the moral high ground and the heart.

I bet all of that is true, but I don't know to what extent and none of that would be classified.

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

I realize there’s a war going on, but Zelenskyy’s cultivated this look of being straight off the front, with khaki’s and a sweater/sweatshirt when he travels to other countries. Put on a suit man, you can still be President of a country at war while wearing one. Baby rant over…

Look here man, he didn't ask for this shit.  Fuck wearing a suit, he should wear what he wants. Same as being invaded by a "neighbor",  Fuck those guys, they should stay within their border.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Look here man, he didn't ask for this shit.  Fuck wearing a suit, he should wear what he wants. Same as being invaded by a "neighbor",  Fuck those guys, they should stay within their border.

I agree with this, but part of it is certainly image.  It's hard to go around asking for money and weapons while in an Armani custom fitted suit.  It's also a shit look when so many of his own countrymen and women are sacrificing so much right now.  There will be a time to look like a statesman, but now isn't it.  If you've got to play to an image to get what you need to win, you fucking do it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m not a military strategist but as it pertains to Bahkmut it seems like lengthening the penis while the buttocks grow larger around said penis could result in a “pinch and snap” type situation.

Its been a while since I read it, but I think that was chapter 3 of the Art of War.  

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m not a military strategist but as it pertains to Bahkmut it seems like lengthening the penis while the buttocks grow larger around said penis could result in a “pinch and snap” type situation.

Your strategy board must look SIGNIFICANTLY different than this one....

stripes-lg.jpg

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I agree with this, but part of it is certainly image.  It's hard to go around asking for money and weapons while in an Armani custom fitted suit.  It's also a shit look when so many of his own countrymen and women are sacrificing so much right now.  There will be a time to look like a statesman, but now isn't it.  If you've got to play to an image to get what you need to win, you fucking do it.  

Put more succinctly:

He’s on business trips, and his business is war.

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, 686 said:

Look at this uncouth SOB that wouldn’t even put on a tie, much less his full dress uni, to meet an Emperor.

a06a7a13aa1038ef02a65cf4068137b5.jpg

Zelensky is communicating that he has no time for pomp and flair; his people are dying and he’s working tirelessly to help them.

Confession time, every time I've ever seen this picture I've internally asked myself, "What the fuck is wrong with MacArthur's pants?"  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know what constitutes a hypersonic missile, but right now wiki calls it hypersonic and says it’s claimed top velocity is Mach 10-13. 
But I didn’t bother to follow the citing on the page so…

and here’s a Reuters article calling them hypersonic 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/air-defence-systems-repelling-attacks-ukraine-early-tuesday-officials-2023-05-16/

The air launched Kinzhal most certainly travels at hypersonic speeds (generally speeds of mach 5 and greater). Being a ballistic missile, this is unsurprising. They all travel at hypersonic speeds, including the German V-2. However, it isn't a modern hypersonic weapon. Those refer to weapons that are capable of maneuvering at hypersonic speeds. This is important because ballistic missiles follow a predictable flight path. Interception is made significantly more difficult if the target can maneuver since the flight path is no longer as predictable and because it shortens the time air defenses have to respond. Those modern weapons are either powered flight cruise missiles or hypersonic glide vehicles (released from a traditional ballistic missile) that can maneuver.  Kinzhal is just a "dumb" ballistic missile launched from an aircraft.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Look at this uncouth SOB that wouldn’t even put on a tie, much less his full dress uni, to meet an Emperor.

a06a7a13aa1038ef02a65cf4068137b5.jpg

Zelensky is communicating that he has no time for pomp and flair; his people are dying and he’s working tirelessly to help them.

So when he landed in Japan he had a team of guards around him. One of the lead guys lived in texas after the war and my shop got his Clark custom 1911’s he used for competition. I got a bunch of his shooting gear.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Confession time, every time I've ever seen this picture I've internally asked myself, "What the fuck is wrong with MacArthur's pants?"  

When it was posted I spent way too much time thinking about this and how he'd look pretty badass with a lower cut pant. 

...and now I can't stop seeing him with low-rise pants on. Dammit. Too far.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I was about to make a post about this, just less eloquently.  Aren’t they flanking themselves by continuing west as the Ukrainians continue to move east to the north and south of their position?

Old man physique. He was 65 I think in that photo, which is gotta be like 75-80 today.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was about to make a post about this, just less eloquently.  Aren’t they flanking themselves by continuing west as the Ukrainians continue to move east to the north and south of their position?

Well, I guess it might speak to the problem of a cafeteria head of a single mind reaching his objective and just saying, "See I did my job."; rather than fighting for the bigger picture or regardless of the cost.  I don't know, might be indicative of a larger structural issue within their frame work, but hey that's me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1. Listen to @Dahobbs and not wiki on missiles and shit. He’s spot on with why Kinzhal is just a ballistic missile.

2. Credible outlets (CNN Natsec) report that a Patriot battery was damaged not destroyed. A few things. First, they say it may be repaired in Ukraine. That means that it was not a radar and probably not the command station. Second- Patriot is not a wuderwaffe and is one of the most high value targets Ukraine has. If that barrage last night accomplished damage to a launcher? Massive W for the AFU air defense. 

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

It is like MacArthur is standing behind some prop pants but he is really in his underwear.

Goddamnit--now I'm never going to be able to see that photo without seeing it as a freestanding set of prop pants with a pants-free MacArthur right behind.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I believe the technical term is Russia is about to get the beans above the frank. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

it's not hard to say:

1. better weapons systems now that the west is fully engaged,

2. better training especially with strategy and supply chain support,

3. better intel, US has been giving intel from years back, this advantage has been in place for the longest,

4. Russian army is depleted from corruption and lack of innovation, and

5. this is their homeland, they have the moral high ground and the heart.

I bet all of that is true, but I don't know to what extent and none of that would be classified.

Yes, but these are things you and I know. Hertling knows more.

The detailed predictions he made in February of '22, when everyone was more or less expecting Ukraine to fall, all came true, and for the reasons he cited then. That's why I say that his guesses are better than most people's facts. He's not just getting lucky, since he can show the reasons behind his predictions before they prove true.

• Hook 'Em 6

Man the momentum really seems to have turned. 

a big takeaway from this for me is how quickly we’re going to deplete our advanced weapon systems in a conflict with an actual near peer. That war is going to become a ‘dumb’ meat grinder in a hurry. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Wait. What IS wrong with his pants? They look like ordinary plain pleated khakis without cuffs hiked up to the navel, as was the style of the time.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

a big takeaway from this for me is how quickly we’re going to deplete our advanced weapon systems in a conflict with an actual near peer. That war is going to become a ‘dumb’ meat grinder in a hurry. 

the last time we were in a real conflict with a peer the entire US manufacturing base turned to wartime production, that would happen again to the extent it was necessary.

• Hook 'Em 6

24 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

He's probably wearing assless chaps to show dominance. 

god fucking dammit

first i find out DLR stole his schtick from Jim Dandy Mangrum, now i find out he stole the assless chaps from MacArthur.

did that guy do ANYTHING original?

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, troph said:

the last time we were in a real conflict with a peer the entire US manufacturing base turned to wartime production, that would happen again to the extent it was necessary.

So, basically the manufacturers of My Pillow.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Was coming to post this. Hopefully not destroyed and I’d not expect perfect clarity on this. 

If true, my first concern is loss of life and second concern is if it will be replaced. This would be a classic reminder that the enemy gets a vote and that sending things to a war means they may get lost. But we’d be learning SO much about how adversaries would target our AD in the future. 

A deployed Patriot battery has a massive footprint and blasts TONS of radiation. They’re really hard to hide. 

Seems like a 10:1 decoy to real Patriot battery ratio is the way to counter the difficulty in hiding them.

22 minutes ago, B00M said:

Im sure a lot of lobbyists are going to make bank saying this very thing to anyone that will listen on Capital Hill 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, B00M said:

In what sense has it turned? The last time Russia had any real positive momentum was last summer. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, troph said:

Elon musk making electric tanks too prolly.

16 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Except that they'd be for Putin.

I think we went over this a couple hundred pages ago, but all electric tanks don't work because it's very hard to transport electricity compared to liquid fuel. So if Elon did convince Putin to switch he'd be a Ukrainian hero. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

Because we had a manufacturing base.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1