Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Last time I was in a first aid course, the instructors said that some operators go into the fight wearing a tourniquet on each extremity, loosely secured. So that if they catch one in the arm or leg they or a buddy can just cinch it up real quick with a couple of turns and either keep going or fall back.  I guess inventory plays a part in that though. 

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Ready to go back into battle. And in close combat, he'll take off his leg and beat a man to death with it.

This is only an assumption, mind you, but I’d assume you really haven’t been kicked in the nuts until you were kicked in the nuts by a steel leg. 

• Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

E0C6E5CD-1FA0-4977-BEE0-73B67927D32F.png.2d58d1d30999049f82d606f790009cca.png

Funny, but when I saw it, I was thinking is that really the best you can do? it looks like what a drunk contractor would put up after a trip to China.

Watch it asshole, some of us have to make a living

On a serious note, apparently this house is valued at $18 million, wtf?

• Drool 1

32 minutes ago, The Dog said:

IMG_2294.gif.03270cd56ef5e977fc419ad397356120.gif

Can we all just stop and appreciate the warfighter spirit of Ukraine and also the genius of Mr. Johnny Jacobs?  Guy cracked us up during our 80's youth.  Unfortunately passes away from AIDS in 1986.  His character and story lay in nearly complete obscurity for 30 years.  And comes fucking roaring back as a go-to meme for about every goddamn war-related meme/gif in the Northern Hemisphere.  God bless you Steven Stucker.  God bless Ukraine.  

And yes, I remember.  I had the lasagna. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I seriously hope everyone of them tells China to go fuck themselves to that request.  Its a fucking embassy. under all rules of international law, its soverign territory.

all they can do is persona non grata everyone, which if they do will result in every fucking country who gets kicked out kicking out every Chinese embassay and consolute employee in their country.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

1. I'd take an unpaid factory job over getting mobilized.

2. Not as if these guys can't sneak parts out to sell just like their daddy and his daddy before.

Yanny Cashka building T-72’s….one piece at a time.   

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

The Russians have been using prime real estate in Prague and other destination cities rent-free since the 1970s when they made Czechoslovakia agree while under occupation. The “diplomatic facilities” included AirBnB type places, bakeries, and a spa/wellness, all commercial. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Here's an ABC News article talking in generalities about the effectiveness of the US Avenger platform, an 8 stinger missile launch system mounted on a Humvee for greater mobility:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-avenger-important-boost-ukrainian-air-defense-top/story?id=99405568#:~:text=The Avenger has laser and infrared technology to identify and track targets.&text=U.S. Avenger air defense systems,to a senior Ukrainian official.

Spoiler

US Avenger an 'important boost' for Ukrainian air defense, top commander says

The Avenger has laser and infrared technology to identify and track targets.

May 18, 2023, 3:49 AM

image.gif.e7d9a18509811c0ae04e925286c5e2a3.gif

7:26

Ukrainian military adviser says getting US F-16’s will 'bring us closer to victory'

Ukrainian military adviser says getting US F-16’s will 'bring us closer to victory'

ABC News’ Linsey Davis and Ian Pannell spoke with Yuriy Sak, adviser to Ukraine’s defense minister, on the need for U.S. fi...Read More

U.S. Avenger air defense systems, which are mounted on Humvees and are highly mobile, are now being used to protect major Ukrainian cities and to protect Ukraine's ground forces near the frontline, according to a senior Ukrainian official.

One of Ukraine's most senior commanders also confirmed to ABC News that all 12 Avenger systems promised by the Biden administration are in Ukraine and operational. In November, four short-range Avenger air defense systems were announced as part of a $400 million defense package for Ukraine.

Lt. Gen. Serhiy Nayev, who is in charge of Ukrainian forces stationed along the border with Belarus and Russia, described the Avenger as "a very important boost" for Ukraine's air defenses in an exclusive interview.

PHOTO: In this undated photo, the Avenger is shown in Ukraine.
In this undated photo, the Avenger is shown in Ukraine.
Oleksiy Pshemyskiy/ABC News

The Avenger has laser and infrared technology to identify and track targets and its dual launchers can carry a total of eight heat-seeking Stinger missiles.

ABC News was the first media organization to film an Avenger in a secret location in central Ukraine.

Nayev said the air defense system had already proved to be "very effective" because when deployed they are "constantly on the move" and "ready for the next strike".

The Avenger can be used to intercept helicopters or low-flying aircraft.

However, Nayev said the technology was proving adept at intercepting cruise missiles and lethal attack drones at night, or in the day and in any type of weather.

"It's good for the troops [operating the system,] as they feel confident they can hit the target," he said.

Tom Burridge/ABC News

Ukraine's air defenses are again in sharp focus after a barrage of Russian ballistic and cruise missiles struck Kyiv on Monday night, including several hypersonic "Kinzhal" missiles.

Moscow previously claimed the Kinzhal, which means "dagger" in Russian, could not be shot down.

PHOTO: A U.S.-supplied Mine Resistant Infantry vehicle is shown in Ukraine.
A U.S.-supplied Mine Resistant Infantry vehicle is shown in Ukraine.
Tom Burridge/ABC News

Ukrainian officials claimed all 25 missiles fired on Monday night were shot down.

However, one of the explosions did cause minor damage to a component of a highly sophisticated Patriot air defense battery, according to a Ukrainian military source and a U.S. official.

The U.S. official said the overall Patriot system was still operational and could be fixed "soon."

Ukrainian officials said their ability to defend Kyiv against an "exceptional" barrage of Russian missiles showed how much their overall defenses had improved.

Nayev told ABC News that the efficiency of Ukraine's air defenses had "increased by 100%" thanks to donated systems from Europe and the U.S.

As well as one highly sophisticated Patriot system and the 12 Avengers, the Biden administration has pledged to supply Ukraine with eight advanced Surface-to-Air NASAMS systems, a Hawk air defense system and other types of radar missiles and guns for air defense.

Tom Burridge/ABC News

Ukraine's European allies have also supplied an array of advanced air defense systems such as Germany's sophisticated IRIS-T as well as the long-range Italian and French made SAMP/T.

For Vitaliy, a commander in Ukraine's Air Force whose unit operates an Avenger system, the technology is a massive leap from old Soviet systems which Ukraine relied on in the past.

Vitaliy, who didn't give his surname for security reasons, and his team recently completed training by American military personnel on the Avenger system in Germany.

With his family based in Kyiv, he thanked the United States for helping Ukraine to protect its skies and the people he loves.

"I only have my family, and I must protect them," he said.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I think your post about AD is dead on. That little shitbag released that info that Ukrainian AD was running low on intercept missiles and it gave the Russians an idea. If they could deplete the AD, they could have air superiority in the next major confrontation. 

I think that’s why they are throwing everything- Kinzhals, repurposed missiles, drones- at Ukraine; they are trying to attrite their AD. They aim at population centers because they need targets that Ukraine will protect. 

I’m told the US has a lot of Hawks (less capable than PAC) sitting around, aging. We need to get them to Ukraine. (I really we wish we would make a statement by ramping up PAC production to a wartime level, to send a statement to Putin that his Queen is blocked). 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Here's an ABC News article talking in generalities about the effectiveness of the US Avenger platform, an 8 stinger missile launch system mounted on a Humvee for greater mobility:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-avenger-important-boost-ukrainian-air-defense-top/story?id=99405568#:~:text=The Avenger has laser and infrared technology to identify and track targets.&text=U.S. Avenger air defense systems,to a senior Ukrainian official.

Hide contents

US Avenger an 'important boost' for Ukrainian air defense, top commander says

The Avenger has laser and infrared technology to identify and track targets.

May 18, 2023, 3:49 AM

image.gif.e7d9a18509811c0ae04e925286c5e2a3.gif

7:26

ABC News’ Linsey Davis and Ian Pannell spoke with Yuriy Sak, adviser to Ukraine’s defense minister, on the need for U.S. fi...Read More

U.S. Avenger air defense systems, which are mounted on Humvees and are highly mobile, are now being used to protect major Ukrainian cities and to protect Ukraine's ground forces near the frontline, according to a senior Ukrainian official.

One of Ukraine's most senior commanders also confirmed to ABC News that all 12 Avenger systems promised by the Biden administration are in Ukraine and operational. In November, four short-range Avenger air defense systems were announced as part of a $400 million defense package for Ukraine.

Lt. Gen. Serhiy Nayev, who is in charge of Ukrainian forces stationed along the border with Belarus and Russia, described the Avenger as "a very important boost" for Ukraine's air defenses in an exclusive interview.

The Avenger has laser and infrared technology to identify and track targets and its dual launchers can carry a total of eight heat-seeking Stinger missiles.

ABC News was the first media organization to film an Avenger in a secret location in central Ukraine.

Nayev said the air defense system had already proved to be "very effective" because when deployed they are "constantly on the move" and "ready for the next strike".

The Avenger can be used to intercept helicopters or low-flying aircraft.

However, Nayev said the technology was proving adept at intercepting cruise missiles and lethal attack drones at night, or in the day and in any type of weather.

"It's good for the troops [operating the system,] as they feel confident they can hit the target," he said.

Tom Burridge/ABC News

Ukraine's air defenses are again in sharp focus after a barrage of Russian ballistic and cruise missiles struck Kyiv on Monday night, including several hypersonic "Kinzhal" missiles.

Moscow previously claimed the Kinzhal, which means "dagger" in Russian, could not be shot down.

Tom Burridge/ABC News

Ukrainian officials claimed all 25 missiles fired on Monday night were shot down.

However, one of the explosions did cause minor damage to a component of a highly sophisticated Patriot air defense battery, according to a Ukrainian military source and a U.S. official.

The U.S. official said the overall Patriot system was still operational and could be fixed "soon."

Ukrainian officials said their ability to defend Kyiv against an "exceptional" barrage of Russian missiles showed how much their overall defenses had improved.

Nayev told ABC News that the efficiency of Ukraine's air defenses had "increased by 100%" thanks to donated systems from Europe and the U.S.

As well as one highly sophisticated Patriot system and the 12 Avengers, the Biden administration has pledged to supply Ukraine with eight advanced Surface-to-Air NASAMS systems, a Hawk air defense system and other types of radar missiles and guns for air defense.

Tom Burridge/ABC News

Ukraine's European allies have also supplied an array of advanced air defense systems such as Germany's sophisticated IRIS-T as well as the long-range Italian and French made SAMP/T.

For Vitaliy, a commander in Ukraine's Air Force whose unit operates an Avenger system, the technology is a massive leap from old Soviet systems which Ukraine relied on in the past.

Vitaliy, who didn't give his surname for security reasons, and his team recently completed training by American military personnel on the Avenger system in Germany.

With his family based in Kyiv, he thanked the United States for helping Ukraine to protect its skies and the people he loves.

"I only have my family, and I must protect them," he said.

"Lt. Gen. Serhiy Nayev, who is in charge of Ukrainian forces stationed along the border with Belarus and Russia"

"Nayev said the air defense system had already proved to be "very effective" because when deployed they are "constantly on the move" and "ready for the next strike". The Avenger can be used to intercept helicopters or low-flying aircraft."

It sure seems like they're trying to say "this is what shot down those 2 helicopters and fighters" without saying it (they aren't even mentioned in an article about recent Ukrainian AD successes).

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

"Lt. Gen. Serhiy Nayev, who is in charge of Ukrainian forces stationed along the border with Belarus and Russia"

"Nayev said the air defense system had already proved to be "very effective" because when deployed they are "constantly on the move" and "ready for the next strike". The Avenger can be used to intercept helicopters or low-flying aircraft."

It sure seems like they're trying to say "this is what shot down those 2 helicopters and fighters" without saying it (they aren't even mentioned).

I hadn't even thought about that. Good call. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I hadn't even thought about that. Good call. 

I dunno- I guess they would've had to get an Avenger into Russia in order to hit those aircraft depending on how close to Bryansk the aircraft actually were.

Edited by KYHorn

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

I dunno- I guess they would've had to get an Avenger into Russia in order to hit those aircraft depending on how close to Bryansk the aircraft actually were.

I'll be honest. I get such a kick out of thinking those were all friendly fire incidents from Russian operators seeing ghosts on their radar and having itchy trigger fingers, that's the narrative I'm going to go with. Although the Avengers up on the border has its own appeal. 

Regardless, it's a good thought that hadn't occurred to me. I'm glad you shared it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Yikes. Not the best looking tactics there. Also, maybe just a weird camera angle, but right about the midpoint of that video he seems to be firing barely inches over/beside his own guy

On first watch I thought that was the guy he was actually shooting

• Hook 'Em 1