Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Poland is pissed that the coup didn't produce any fireworks so they're trying their best to restart it.

Bristling forces on the East could negate any threat from Belarus to Ukraine.

Edited by nbmishoid
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'm sure we will eventually have more clarity on this, but my current speculation is that via Lukashenko, Putin sent Prigozhin a message that cruise missles or some such were aimed at him. It's not in Putin's interest to have mass bloodshed in Russia, so I think he was really looking for anyway to get Prigozhin out of the country. Offer asylum in Belarus, give his fighters immunity.

Probably going to assassinate Prigozhin in about a month or so

Edited by G650
spelling
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, G650 said:

That's not what is being reported. The Wagners that didn't participate get brought into MOD as planned. The ones that did get discharged and pardoned.

Lol. You think there’s a Wagnerite that will admit it, even if they didn’t?

If you participated, you get to continue being a Wagnerite in Africa. 

If you didn’t, you have to join the meat grinder shitshow in Ukraine 

Soooo, did you participate?

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, I thought that choice flow-chart seemed kinda weird.  Unless they just want more people to admit to it so they can be executed?  But that just enrages Prighazon.  

It reminds me of that Eddie Izzard bit about "cake or death"?  Everybody keeps saying cake.  "Well bloody hell then, we're gonna run out of cake!"  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Lol. You think there’s a Wagnerite that will admit it, even if they didn’t?

If you participated, you get to continue being a Wagnerite in Africa. 

If you didn’t, you have to join the meat grinder shitshow in Ukraine 

Soooo, did you participate?

Well that wasn't what I was responding too, but ok.

Anyhoo, I am not vouching for the veracity of any reporting but what's being said is he lost Wagner. Make of it what you will

32 minutes ago, G650 said:

We're not going to escape our hardwiring. The remarkable thing is that we're able to overcome it as often as we do, not that we lapse into following it so often. 

Tribes. The competition for hierarchy. People best suited genetically for various roles. The yearning for freedom and independence, which to many means power over the people around them so they can experience relative freedom compared to others. 

Our oldest tales are all about this. Our newest tales are about it. Every religion and lifestyle approach. High school can be such a good petri dish because we're often rawer, but those dynamics never go away. Why should they? It's in our DNA. It's the story of human history and prehistory. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This is really big news if true on the air defense front. Everything feels a little anticlimactic right now after the past 24 hours.

I'm also following reports (already posted here) of Ukraine crossing the Dnipro River at the Antonivka bridge. Don't know how true they are, either. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I thought that choice flow-chart seemed kinda weird.  Unless they just want more people to admit to it so they can be executed?  But that just enrages Prighazon.  

It reminds me of that Eddie Izzard bit about "cake or death"?  Everybody keeps saying cake.  "Well bloody hell then, we're gonna run out of cake!"  

We only had three bits and we didn't expect such a rush!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There’s a vital piece of information missing from this whole story. I don’t know what, but things do not make sense. 

It was like that with the sub story. We all knew the Navy could keep tabs on anything anywhere in any ocean. And yet this sub disappears? Nope. They just didn’t tell the public. 

There is a vital piece to this story missing. 

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Are all of those private jets headed back to Russia, and Lukachenko back to Belarus?  If not, this isn't finished.

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

They said they were going back to their "military camps" but that doesn't necessarily mean inside Ukraine.

I'm not saying they'll turn around and go right back in, but if they read the tea leaves and question why these mercs were willing to march on Moscow and had police, the population, and military join them, they'll see there really isn't a big appetite on the ground to keep dying in Ukraine.

19 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

But atomheartbevo kept insisting that yes, it's Russia, and yes, it's fucked, but this is especially fucked even for Russia.

Thank you SL Express, but several others pointed it out as well

And yeah, something is missing in a big way.  A few weeks ago, Wagner kidnaps, tortures, and releases a Lt. Colonel in the Russian Army.  Nothing happens to them (I consider Russia bringing Wagner into the fold to be more about Prigozhin's rants about Shoigu/Gerasimov than the Russian Lt. Col. thing).  On this would-be march to Moscow, they shoot down quite a few irreplaceable aircraft (Russia produces around 20-25 tanks a month, but they damn sure aren't producing half-a-dozen aircraft) and they embarrass the hell out of Putin and they show cracks in Russian society (people in Rostov welcoming them).

This morning, Putin says Prigozhin will be brought to justice (the wording was such that it was justice by execution, not a trial by court), and that Wagner would be dismantled. Wagner made it within a few hours of Moscow mostly unopposed outside of some aircraft that Putin probably had direct control over.  Russians were digging up roads and destroying fuel depots to stop them. Then something happens with Lukashenko, and we get opposing stories, but Prigozhin is headed to Belarus and his men are pardoned (the ones following him).

What stands out to me, is during the march,  Wagner had tanks on transporters and were even using random civilian vehicles - they clearly knew they weren't going to be opposed and weren't going to have to fight it out town by town.  That's fucking insane that they got so far down the highway the way they did.  Prigozhin knew somebody had his back. Even when they were deployed in Rostov on Don yesterday, they didn't look like they were truly worried, they looked like they were posing for cameras, like somebody told them "pretend that the Russian MOD is resisting you taking over their HQ". At the very least, Russian air should have turned that column into smoking craters.

Oh, and Prigozhin was walking around Rostov on Don without a helmet, quite relaxed.  He knew there were no Russian soldiers or FSB or police sharpshooters that were going to take a potshot at him.

If I'm Belarus, I'd be ready for The Anschluss II.

• Hook 'Em 3