Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Is she still alive? Are the Russians? If they died, where did they fall? Was her prophecy still in their ears as they took their final breaths?

What initially seemed like an act of defiance in a hopeless cause has become quite prophetic--that lady truly did curse them that day.

Google says that was recorded in Henichesk, a port on the Sea of Azov.

which means shes got a 25% chance of still being alive today, based on how bad Russia has treated any UKr with nationalist thoughts.  Her only saving grace would be she was probably older than 50. and the Russians tend to leave that gender/age range more alone than others.  But still completely under Russian control.

The chances the soldiers she was talking to are still alive and unwounded are pretty much zero.  Their entire front line actual combat troops were wiped out by June '22, being replaced by draftees and then conscripts.  the frontline Russian troops arent being rotated out, they are being used as cannon fodder, and they have suffered high 90% casualty rates (MIA, KIA, WIA).   That soldier was front line in Feb 22.  His only chance of still being alive would have been being badly wounded and evac'd.  which means if hes still alive hes missing a limb or internal organs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Does he have his right eye closed while he’s sighting in? How odd. 

Lots of people are cross dominant. He is probably left eye dominant but right handed. It works fine for handguns. Shooting a rifle or shotgun, it is better to learn on whichever side your dominant eye is on.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Lots of people are cross dominant. He is probably left eye dominant but right handed. It works fine for handguns. Shooting a rifle or shotgun, it is better to learn on whichever side your dominant eye is on.

Yep. Being cross dominant is great for golf. @The Dogcan testify.

28 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Bingo, that's me.  Right handed, but left eye dominant.  I shoot left-handed (and use my dominant eye for handgun shooting as well).  Everything else, right handed.  Great.  I have something in common with Putin.

• Like 1

The Institute for the Study of War and the other groups/people who are writing about this stuff, doing maps, etc., are hopefully really enjoying the spotlight being cast on them.  Or hating it.

They've got an 8-minute video out about the events last week.

They mention Putin can't take out Priggy at this time because it might make him a martyr

• Hook 'Em 1

I was watching some of Zeihan's videos and on one of them about the Ukrainian offensive he talks about the attack on the Kerch Strait bridge.  He outright speculates that we might have done it. 

Did I miss something?  We wouldn't have seriously done that, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I was watching some of Zeihan's videos and on one of them about the Ukrainian offensive he talks about the attack on the Kerch Strait bridge.  He outright speculates that we might have done it. 

No and if we had, we'd have dropped the fucker and it would not be fixable for a long, long time.

No reason to take that kind of risk without absolutely crippling the Russians.

Other news. Surovkin under arrest in Moscow. Good news, because he's one of the more competent military leaders Russia had. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

That's insane, for a lot of reasons and just a couple are below:

1.  If we had done it, the bridge wouldn't standing, and we wouldn't have hit in just one spot. 

2.  If we were going to risk a first strike, it wouldn't be on a bridge when there are nuclear weapons in play (we'd shut the power off in Russia first with a cyber attack, followed by an attack on their communication satellites, shortly after we'd sink their Navy (all of it), then we'd hit as many missile installations we knew of with stealth cruise missiles, then we'd down their Air Force (all of it).   Then I guess we could hit the bridge I guess for shits and giggles.  

Bottom line, it wasn't us.

Now I have read where some have a theory where we gave the Ukrainians a single ATACMS for this specific task.  I don't buy that either.  If something went wrong, we'd have no plausible deniability as to why they Ukrainians had it.  If you notice, thru out this entire situation we've always announced what weapons we are supplying, and the reason is so that the Russians can't possibly mistake a new weapon in the theater as a first strike from us.  We've had very clear signaling on that.

What I think the Ukrainians did was somehow trade warhead size for propellant for either a Neptune Missile or one of their in house ballistic missile systems (which they have, I just can't remember the designation right off the top of my head).  The reason I think it was a Neptune is because the strike angle on the video wouldn't visually appear to match a ballistic strike.  The reason I think it was a warhead trade off for propellant is because the explosion wasn't powerful enough to fully knock out the bridge.  How they managed to do this will likely be an incredible story in and of itself, but it's one that we won't know for some time.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

What’s with the fuck around and find out reactions? Penal military units… in russia… these guys literally could’ve been arrested for protesting the war and sent to the front lines … even if some if these guys actually volunteered to leave the prisons to fight, they’re leaving a Russian prison… probably envisioning surrendering to Ukraine without getting shot in the back. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, PTINS said:

image.png.85a04cbdddcd56099a4b184985c7c421.png

You only have to be able to see ~ 5 ft to play golf well. 

If you see the club contact the ball, it has a chance to go straight, and you get to see the sparks.

But ya see, it's about that backswing. When you swing back, and you're right handed, you have to check that backswing. You have to keep your form. Because if you don't keep your form, your right eye is going to get pulled away from the ball, and you're not gonna see it. Then you don't make good contact.

Now ol Dog here, have you seen his form? He doesn't have one. He doesn't need one. He just grips it and rips it. He'll lift his plant leg in a goofy kick, just to show off. And then he'll drive it 300 yards... straight damned ahead. Because no matter what he does with his body and his backswing, that ol' left eyeball is on the golf ball the whole time, glued to it.

He can't putt for shit, though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently meat grinding prison units for fun is just what Russia does. They think it instills discipline in their military ever since Germany routed them early in WW2. Insanity. The utter waste of life (and getting shot at from behind as-is Russian tradition) is surely the morale booster that sent Wagner marching toward Moscow. The culture and society seems drunk and stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

That's insane, for a lot of reasons and just a couple are below:

1.  If we had done it, the bridge wouldn't standing, and we wouldn't have hit in just one spot. 

2.  If we were going to risk a first strike, it wouldn't be on a bridge when there are nuclear weapons in play (we'd shut the power off in Russia first with a cyber attack, followed by an attack on their communication satellites, shortly after we'd sink their Navy (all of it), then we'd hit as many missile installations we knew of with stealth cruise missiles, then we'd down their Air Force (all of it).   Then I guess we could hit the bridge I guess for shits and giggles.  

Bottom line, it wasn't us.

Now I have read where some have a theory where we gave the Ukrainians a single ATACMS for this specific task.  I don't buy that either.  If something went wrong, we'd have no plausible deniability as to why they Ukrainians had it.  If you notice, thru out this entire situation we've always announced what weapons we are supplying, and the reason is so that the Russians can't possibly mistake a new weapon in the theater as a first strike from us.  We've had very clear signaling on that.

What I think the Ukrainians did was somehow trade warhead size for propellant for either a Neptune Missile or one of their in house ballistic missile systems (which they have, I just can't remember the designation right off the top of my head).  The reason I think it was a Neptune is because the strike angle on the video wouldn't visually appear to match a ballistic strike.  The reason I think it was a warhead trade off for propellant is because the explosion wasn't powerful enough to fully knock out the bridge.  How they managed to do this will likely be an incredible story in and of itself, but it's one that we won't know for some time.  

Thank you twice.

Re: Zeihan; when this started last February, I read everything I could find, mostly here, and down the endless rabbit holes. I liked Zeihan's back drops, quirky facial expressions, at first, but never saw maps and videos to support what he said, and I quit looking at his stuff.  You guys and gals are much more content based and I need data points. 

Re: Neptune Missile theory is interesting.

There was a link upthread to a story discussing a truck bomb being used on the Kerch Bridge, that had detail info, names, pictures from check point camera's, manifests, timelines, maps, etc. I thought I bookmarked or save it, but ...

I read it on the internet, so caution.  But, I took it as a factual based argument that made a lot of sense, not something that was planned on a whim, but something long anticipated and just waiting for the right time to execute. The more we see of Ukraine's continued imagination and  ingenuity, the more I believe it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There are so many vocal and expert Ukrainian, Russian, and U.S./UK experts on everything from politics to tactics out there that I would say that Zeihan comes in pretty low on my list of people to tune into. He is fun to listen to, though. He is formerly of STRATFOR. Not as good as the conspiracy theorists think they are but they LOVE the attention. 

On Kerch, no reason to overthink things. Most likely scenario is they they used a massive truck bomb. 

What happened to Stratfor? Michael Freidman (guessing  a bit since I haven’t seen anything since the Obama administration) was the main guy, right? Where is he now?

9 hours ago, Macanudo said:

The part were Zeihan's videos are worthless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What happened to Stratfor? Michael Freidman (guessing  a bit since I haven’t seen anything since the Obama administration) was the main guy, right? Where is he now?

They were bought and are called RANE now. They have videos on YT and George Friedman (Austinite) runs Geopolitical Futures now.

14 minutes ago, locodos said:

The part were Zeihan's videos are worthless. 

Zeihan called out exactly what the Russians would do 10 years ago. He has been nails predicting geopolitics in general, and the Russians specifically. You might not like his style (the hair needs to go imo) but you're dead wrong if you think he doesn't know what he's talking about or think he's a hack.

This presentation was in 2014 and he nailed it:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1