Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Once reached though, could they not just unlink a few cars then use a tracked vehicle to push or pull them over?

I didn't say it was impregnable. The train certainly seems like a more formidable obstacle than the dragon's teeth they've been using, but I don't know shit about fuck.

• Haha 2

The continuous structure of goods wagons stretches along a branch from the railway station in Olenivka to Volnovakha and has about 2100 wagons of various types. The construction of this "railwagon centipede" began in July 2023. For construction, apparently, railwagons were stolen from temporarily occupied territories.

My question is, was there really 30 KM Of rail wagons in the occupied territories?

I know nothing about this, but I do know that Russians are stupid.  What are the odds that 20 KM came from Russian rail systems, probably rail systems in the provinces -  as Putin does not give a shit if goods are supplied to the Asian untermensch?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

My question is, was there really 30 KM Of rail wagons in the occupied territories?

I know nothing about this, but I do know that Russians are stupid.  What are the odds that 20 KM came from Russian rail systems, probably rail systems in the provinces -  as Putin does not give a shit if goods are supplied to the Asian untermensch?

I guess it's possible, given that we've learned so much about the reliance on trains instead of trucking for just about everything in the former Soviet Union. Big interstate-type freeways don't really seem to be a thing there yet.

• Hook 'Em 3

Earlier in this thread we had a discussion about how critical trains were to Russian supply efforts and how eliminating rolling stock would be good for Ukraine as Russia would have a difficult time replacing it. Now they've got 30km worth of cars they can fill with sand or gravel and use for defense? And blocking a rail line with it? Are they giving up on supplying units on that rail axis? Is that a rail line with no strategic value like a spur line or something?

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Earlier in this thread we had a discussion about how critical trains were to Russian supply efforts and how eliminating rolling stock would be good for Ukraine as Russia would have a difficult time replacing it. Now they've got 30km worth of cars they can fill with sand or gravel and use for defense? And blocking a rail line with it? Are they giving up on supplying units on that rail axis? Is that a rail line with no strategic value like a spur line or something?

Same thought I had. I thought the loss of a car was greater than the loss of part of the rail line.

• Hook 'Em 1

More on the ammo stuff:

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen and German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius together with Rheinmetall-CEO Armin Papperger as well as dignitaries of politics and the military attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the newest ammunition factory in Unterlüß, Germany.

The brand new factory will have a projected capacity of 200,000 artillery shells per year when fully operational. In 12 months the first assembly lines capable of producing 50,000 shells per year will be operational.

In addition, around 1,900 tons of RDX explosives and components of rocket artillery for the future artillery systems will be manufactured.

In 2025 Rheinmetall using all its factories in Germany, Spain, Hungary, Australia and South Africa will have the capacity to produce 700,000 artillery shells per year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Two years into Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, families of the roughly 6,000 Ukrainian prisoners of war are facing a near-total information blackout about the status of their loved ones
https://www.wsj.com/world/russias-silence-on-ukrainian-pows-compounds-the-agony-for-families-98b43845?st=13c6y86cu9o9gvu&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Not sure what the solution is here. They're obviously buying them through third parties in other countries, much like Ukraine does in Germany and other EU countries. They're already geofenced to only work at the frontline (which is why they stopped working for Ukraine when they advanced too quickly). There's probably too many and distribution too decentralized to be able to whitelist them. Reports are that the Russians are using up all the bandwidth to prevent the Ukrainians from using them for drone video feeds 

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I don't think the threat of invasion from Russia carries the weight that it did, say, prior to February of 2022.

Not to Europe as a whole, but for the small Baltic states, Russia can do a lot of damage to them in the short term with sheer numbers and artillery and drones, but that's only if they can get a ceasefire with Ukraine and rebuild their supplies.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not to Europe as a whole, but for the small Baltic states, Russia can do a lot of damage to them in the short term with sheer numbers and artillery and drones, but that's only if they can get a ceasefire with Ukraine and rebuild their supplies.

This.  They still aren't out of Ukraine (obvs) and they have done a hell of a lot of damage and much of it irreversible (in human terms).  Of course, Ukraine wasn't a NATO member, but even so, the example is before of us what could be.

• Hook 'Em 3

Probably getting close to the point where Ukraine will either have to abandon Avdiivka or take a large amount of casualties. Remember that Syryski is supposedly the guy that wanted to stick it out in Bakhmut even when the casualty ratio fell to around 1:1.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

Good interview of the Russian ambassador. Anyone find the whole thing?

Why, why, why can't American teevee journalists be as good as British ones? Is it their education and training? Is it because a bunch of them were Mass Comm majors and not Journalism ones? Is it just that the BBC doesn't, I assume, have to worry about offending advertising money? All of the above?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When do they raise it to 75?

Life expectancy for a Russian man is 64. Life expectancy for an American man is about 73. 

Russian men in their mid 60s are about as healthy as American men in their mid 70s.     If they call up 60-year-olds in Russia and send them to do meat rushes,  a shit ton of them are gonna die.   

I also wonder logistically how you take a bunch of chronic alcoholics in their 60s and then send them to Ukraine without vodka.   I would guess they would start hallucinating and going into DTs if suddenly cut off hootch.   But more likely, they’ll do what Russians do and steal or sell their gear to buy vodka.   God, I really hope they call up the olds. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

So America has a demographic problem with all these old boomers.  All they do is use resources and vote wrong, let alone breaking Social Security.

What I'm saying is maybe we shouldn't discount this idea.

Wow, what a cunt. Even if you were joking, it still isn't fucking funny. You are usually a good poster. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 2:54 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Per a Google Map screenshot, the "Tsar Train" from Olenivka to Volnovakha (shown in magenta) is on the existing main RR between Donetsk to Mariupol (light blue). This is the only pre-war RR serving Mariupol from the North (Donetsk) and East (Russia). It appears there are parallel tracks, so the line may not be completely blocked. 

There were earlier posts of Russia constructing 2 new RR, one along the coast between Rostov and Mariupol (red line) and one new east-west line kinda in the middle of nowhere, spurring off from the Rostov-Donetsk line running southeast from Donetsk. Ukraine had previously attacked a bridge crossing on this new line. No idea if either line was constructed or operational.

Geographically, everything east of the "tzar Train" towards the coast appears to be coastal plain/agriculture, void of any significant population or industry. Not obvious why they would put a rail barrier here, other than it prevents casual movements across open country. 

image.png.0559e1bf90cf482f431971f4e6ab179c.png