Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, 686 said:

I would think that Reaper could do maneuvering that would make it very difficult for the jet to literally touch it, like fly close to stall speed or low speed tight turns. Wondering if the Reaper didn’t deviate from course because we wanted to see how far the Russians would escalate/didn’t think they would actually instigate a mid air collision.

Be a real shame if they hit one of those Reapers, and the sensitive thing just blew the heck up, taking down both the Reaper and the jet.  A real darned shame.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

3DEDEAE9-1384-41B2-845C-60B8778F95EA.gif

1975: FTR is written.   Same year the T-62 mfg. run ends.   Coincidence??  I think not.  Oddball had music when he went into battle.  Ukrainian tank speakers need to blare Fear the Reaper as they advance.   Destiny must be served. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Be a real shame if they hit one of those Reapers, and the sensitive thing just blew the heck up, taking down both the Reaper and the jet.  A real darned shame.

I thought the same thing. Who knew the inside of one of those things was filled with C4 and tungsten BBs?

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

About the same as an SU-27.

We can make more Reapers.

The russkies can't make more SU-27s these days.   That's a good deal in my book.

It might also be a 2fer situation.  The article I read said there where 2 migs. It also stated that the migs were also dumping fuel in front of the drone.  May be to force it down maybe to interfere with cameras and sensors?  The US needs to support Ukraine and let Russia spill her blood and treasure there, because it seems apparent their ambitions extend well beyond Liev.

1 minute ago, locodos said:

It might also be a 2fer situation.  The article I read said there where 2 migs. It also stated that the migs were also dumping fuel in front of the drone.  May be to force it down maybe to interfere with cameras and sensors?  The US needs to support Ukraine and let Russia spill her blood and treasure there, because it seems apparent their ambitions extend well beyond Liev.

Dump fuel on it, ram it to create fire/explosion, claim US fired on their piolts. 

1 hour ago, 686 said:

I would think that Reaper could do maneuvering that would make it very difficult for the jet to literally touch it, like fly close to stall speed or low speed tight turns. Wondering if the Reaper didn’t deviate from course because we wanted to see how far the Russians would escalate/didn’t think they would actually instigate a mid air collision.

The MQ-9 Reaper can be armed with AIM-9X Sidewinder missiles and the Air Force has conducted tests with the Reaper using them to destroy drone targets.  If we put a couple of those on our reconnaissance Reapers the Russians might think twice about fucking with them

Maybe some Gen Z video game nerd will get to paint a red star on the side of his hut in Nevada

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

From bbc...  not that bbc

We're now hearing for the first time from the Russian defence ministry on the incident.

Moscow is insisting its aircraft did not use on-board weapons or come into contact with the drone.

They say Russia airspace control systems detected a US MQ-9 unmanned drone flying over the Black Sea, near the Crimean Peninsula, in the direction of the border of the Russian Federation.

They accused the US of violating the boundaries of its temporary airspace "established for the special military operation".

Russia says it scrambled its aircraft to identify the intruder, but due to quick manoeuvring, the MQ-9 drone went into an "unguided flight with a loss of altitude and collided with the water surface".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

About the same as an SU-27.

We can make more Reapers.

The russkies can't make more SU-27s these days.   That's a good deal in my book.

I'd bet a reaper stripped of it's sensor package, with basic guidance and a video camera wouldn't be that expensive. Would also leave a lot of room for C4 and tungsten BBs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, locodos said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That will get Russia attacking Kazakhstan, because that’s fucking humiliating.  They can’t ignore that.  

image.gif.e307cb86b67f157b7de8ed76a7353e03.gif

21 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

You know, I've got some very good friends from Kazakhstan, so I should get all huffy over this. But she ended up going to school at Arkansas and got all smug at me last time the pigs beat us, so fuck it

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

Maybe a WR screen behind the line of scrimmage?

Come to think... has anyone seen Gerg Davis and Steven Seagal in the same room together?

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

image.gif.e307cb86b67f157b7de8ed76a7353e03.gif

You know, I've got some very good friends from Kazakhstan, so I should get all huffy over this. But she ended up going to school at Arkansas and got all smug at me last time the pigs beat us, so fuck it

Come to think... has anyone seen Gerg Davis and Steven Seagal in the same room together?

Next motherfucker who mentions a GD WR screen is gonna get an RPG shot up they ass.  TOO SOON.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Russian population splits are a sine wave thanks to ww2 losses. Could it be that putin managed to wage this war during a dip in the 20-40 year olds, thus magnifying the wave amplitude?  I don’t know that immigration has flattened it over the decades. 

peak russian male birth year was 1987 with a big falloff after that which lasted a decade. russia has had quite a few excess male births over the last 4 decades as well.

Russian_population_(demographic)_pyramid_(structure)_on_January_1st_2022.thumb.png.248f7af34c32c0f9971ce450f9528feb.png

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Shocking I tell ya, shocking -

He's damned lucky he didn't bring down his own jet - those fighters can't take too many chunks of stuff flying into their engines before they are in trouble.

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

although I do wonder if amateur hour is actually the name of his squadron.

It was the name of my garage band in high school, along with a thousand other bands who had the same idea.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

peak russian male birth year was 1987 with a big falloff after that which lasted a decade. russia has had quite a few excess male births over the last 4 decades as well.

Russian_population_(demographic)_pyramid_(structure)_on_January_1st_2022.thumb.png.248f7af34c32c0f9971ce450f9528feb.png

Well this conflict will solve that problem 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's damned lucky he didn't bring down his own jet - those fighters can't take too many chunks of stuff flying into their engines before they are in trouble.

It was the name of my garage band in high school, along with a thousand other bands who had the same idea.

For the love of god and the last time man, no wants to hear about your boy band and it's sweet dance moves.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Shocking I tell ya, shocking - although I do wonder if amateur hour is actually the name of his squadron.

Well sounds like there is video so that’s nice. Also an (unsubstantiated) twitter link is guessing a search and recovery operation going on of the coast of Romania. A different link saying Russia has a salvage operation going on off Crimea. I hope we publish the location of the incident.

2 minutes ago, 686 said:

Well sounds like there is video so that’s nice. Also an (unsubstantiated) twitter link is guessing a search and recovery operation going on of the coast of Romania. A different link saying Russia has a salvage operation going on off Crimea. I hope we publish the location of the incident.

I'd be shocked if we didn't have an self destruct on that for exactly this sort of reason.  I'm sure getting whatever parts we can are good, but I seriously doubt it's in tact enough to be of any value to an enemy.  But then again, we've done dumber.  

5 minutes ago, 686 said:

• Hook 'Em 5