2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Also gives Manchin (& others) cover if they want to vote on the other side for election purposes.

Fuck Senators that want cover - Susan Collins anyone?  You vote for what’s right, not what covers your ass.  Get a Senate majority and primary his fucking ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lindsey Graham is refusing to take a COVID test before his debate tonight and Harrison has said he will not participate unless he does. Graham is blasting Harrison for “requesting special treatment” or some shit.
I have never loathed a politician more, and that includes the current occupant of the White House.

The GOP has a deep bench of fuckers I hate

Dotard, Moscow Mitch, Raphael, Gym, Nestor’s Molester, Patch, Goeb, Nunez, de Santis, Cotton, Kemp...

All of them are higher on my hate list than Lady G and I hate that fucker something serious.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Bullshit, she has more to offer than her military background. You can prepare yourself to be underwhelmed but get back to us with your impression after listening to her. She has the earnest energy of an organized soccer league mom and a badass determined hunter.  It is a good combo that I want working for Texas. 

We all want it working for texas. We also all wished she had it working for her on her 2 blanc AF campaign commercials. 

45 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Bullshit, she has more to offer than her military background. You can prepare yourself to be underwhelmed but get back to us with your impression after listening to her. She has the earnest energy of an organized soccer league mom and a badass determined hunter.  It is a good combo that I want working for Texas. 

I’m sure she can offer more than her helicopter crash.  Maybe she should start using all this other stuff before the election.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I might have to watch that debate now. Gonna be fun watching Harrison eviscerate Lady G on a TV screen from a TV screen.

Wonder if he'll reach and turn it off like the one Senator did not too long ago during an interview not going the way he thought, name escapes me. 

People that is targeted towards are people that don't know her at all or keep up with anything political. They've never heard nor every will hear her live. So I guess her campaign peeps picked the most impactful part of her history. How many people are going to geek out over her six sigma black belt and change agent certifications? She tackles problems and issues with that mindset and while that excites me, you can't put that in a fucking 60 second spot, imo.

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

People that is targeted towards are people that don't know her at all or keep up with anything political. They've never heard nor every will hear her live. So I guess her campaign peeps picked the most impactful part of her history. How many people are going to geek out over her six sigma black belt and change agent certifications? She tackles problems and issues with that mindset and while that excites me, you can't put that in a fucking 60 second spot, imo.

She got the nomination in June right?  Hammering the military service, biker chic thing is fine for a month or two after that, but at some point you got to kick it in gear and say something that matters.  FFS we’re less than a month away.

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Cornyn is a fucking liar and this debate format doesn't allow rebuttal to call him out. MJ is getting frustrated by his lying. 

She was mostly able to laugh off the BS and interject without being stopped. I think viewers with no knowledge coming in could see that

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

She was mostly able to laugh off the BS and interject without being stopped. I think viewers with no knowledge coming in could see that

Opposite for me. Fuck Cornyn. My gf knows almost nothing about Texas politics and watched while doing other shit around the house but made a comment that her interjecting was annoying. I wish a rebuttal format was allowed so she hear that instead

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

7pm debate between Cornyn and Hegar.

Cornyn will lie about protecting prexisting conditions. Hegar will go into her bootless spinelicker or spineless boots routine and he’ll counter with the violin music and Jenna’s law. Hegar will bring up helicopters and tattoos. We’ll all be worse off, but I’ll be wasted. Happy Friday!

Way off, good debate compared to the national shitshows. Watchable

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I’m not exactly sure what lady G is trying to say?????

He was trying to say, that any minority can rise to great heights in South Carolina if you respect and reflect the culture of South Carolina.  What he actually said was bigoted, insulting and degrading.... but he's a racist, so that's sort of their thing.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This was the 'Ouch, do you need a band-aid moment' for John Cornyn, IMO:

John Cornyn: We've “tried to do everything we can” to help Texans through the COVID-19 pandemic.

MJ Hegar: “He just said they’ve done everything they can. So it’s time for him to step aside.”

owned GIF

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I saw a different Cornyn ad tonight. 

She's tooooo librul 

He has two ads now. I don't know why YouTubeGooglemachine thinks I might in some scenario possibly vote for Cornyn but he's there all the time. 

Keep trying John. 

Cornyn's people are spending a shitload of money on YouTube, and I keep seeing his ads.  I don't know why - YouTube is not his target audience, and it's not going to have too many fence sitters that will see his ad and think they will give him a chance.  And I'm seeing his ads during Youtube videos that are definitely not stuff his target audience would be watching.

He needs to be focusing his money on getting his base out to vote, not trying to reach people watching YouTube.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Can they even spend it all in 3 weeks?

It's over a quarter so he's already spent a lot of it. But with Lindsey in the spotlight over the next few days, he'll likely have a lot more to spend. Really hope he pulls it out but def has echos of Beto. Though on that note, I still think Beto could have pulled it out if he went hard negative in the last few weeks. Harrison isn't holding back.

19 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

It's over a quarter so he's already spent a lot of it. But with Lindsey in the spotlight over the next few days, he'll likely have a lot more to spend. Really hope he pulls it out but def has echos of Beto. Though on that note, I still think Beto could have pulled it out if he went hard negative in the last few weeks. Harrison isn't holding back.

Harrison will be a good case study when a liberal (relatively speaking) has a ridiculously large amount of money in a conservative state. I think when a so-called liberal has the ability to state their beliefs and the reasons behind it, I think even many conservatives will agree with them. However when Graham is calling them a SF lib'rul who wants to ruin SC, you have to get around him. Get the message out to the reasonable people on the right, who absolutely exist.