2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Getting progressively madder here.  I just called Feinstein's San DIego office, and left a voicemail that sounded like a Redd Foxx Midnight show back in the 70's.  I demanded that the old hag resign tonight.   It won't do shit, but I feel better. 

Did you tell her she needed to wash her ass?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Getting progressively madder here.

You pounded on your larper shield like a Viking, while throwing out lots of phrases you picked up decontextualizing Derrida's deconstruction of Simone de Beauvoir's criticism of cis-species out-group prejudice in E. E. Milne's Winnie the Xi Peng?

Or you just mean you cussed a little more?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Getting progressively madder here.  I just called Feinstein's San DIego office, and left a voicemail that sounded like a Redd Foxx Midnight show back in the 70's.  I demanded that the old hag resign tonight.   It won't do shit, but I feel better. 

13 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Did you tell her she needed to wash her ass?

Well done, fellas. 

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Feinstein was stupid, and this is irritating AF, but screeching on the internet looks like a bunch of crybaby bullshit. So also democrats, ok, yeah, makes sense. 

Amplifying that Feinstein sucks is good. She should not have a leadership role moving forward. 

10 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

In their defense, the Mom-wagons that everybody drives now are boring as fuck. Where's the zest in life if you're likely to survive every wreck?

The 18 year-old me would have killed for the minivan that the 40-something me currently has.

Back row seats that fold into the floor, and the middle row slides all the way to the back of the front row, allowing two or more adults to fully stretch out in the back while lying down?  YES PLEASE!

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The 18 year-old me would have killed for the minivan that the 40-something me currently has.

Back row seats that fold into the floor, and the middle row slides all the way to the back of the front row, allowing two or more adults to fully stretch out in the back while lying down?  YES PLEASE!

If that van’s a rockin’, don’t go a knockin’

22 minutes ago, thepop said:

Charles booker wouldn’t have won either, but he would have made it interesting like Jaime Harrison

Booker's an engaging speaker and has a relatable personal story also. The Democratic party would be smart to elevate him for no other reason than he will be useful for outreach to younger Black men in the future.

And mean, the Feinstein nonsense just happened yesterday so I doubt it’s reflected in those polling numbers but yeah, she needs to be gone.

She’s living in a world that doesn’t exist any longer and playing by rules that no one else even pays lip service to.

Surely she won’t run again but if she does I hope she gets primaried.

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I say she's falling on a grenade.  Jaime Harrison's not going to win, but is obviously showing a lot of potential.  Now we can all point to something other than him for the loss, and protect his political future.

her brain is operating at like 20% peak capacity; she ain’t playing 5D chess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I can’t say knowing these facts makes you a good senator or not, but Ernst came off poorly while her opponent rocked the answer and had the moderator nodding his head.

probably not a bad idea to have memorized a couple of facts regarding important #s to your state. Key commodity prices, unemployment numbers, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

probably not a bad idea to have memorized a couple of facts regarding important #s to your state. Key commodity prices, unemployment numbers, etc.

Exactly. Just as I would expect a senator from the state of Texas to know the price of a barrel of oil and the baseline economics of the associated industry, or a senator from Oklahoma knowing the spot price of a bag of dicks and the associated exchange rates  in grams of meth or cartons of menthol cigarettes. If its the lynch pin to the economic prosperity of your state, you should damn well be conversant on the topic.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Exactly. Just as I would expect a senator from the state of Texas to know the price of a barrel of oil and the baseline economics of the associated industry, or a senator from Oklahoma knowing the spot price of a bag of dicks and the associated exchange rates  based on grams of meth or cartons of menthol cigarettes. If its  the lynch pin to the economic prosperity of your  state, you should damn well be conversant on the topic.

Done forget turquoise jewelry.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And mean, the Feinstein nonsense just happened yesterday so I doubt it’s reflected in those polling numbers but yeah, she needs to be gone.

She’s living in a world that doesn’t exist any longer and playing by rules that no one else even pays lip service to.

Surely she won’t run again but if she does I hope she gets primaried.

I'm guessing the biggest difference is that Republicans started to realize he might lose.  It's one thing to withhold your approval as a symbolic protest; it's different when you think the black Democrat might actually win.  

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can’t say knowing these facts makes you a good senator or not, but Ernst came off poorly while her opponent rocked the answer and had the moderator nodding his head.

As a Nebraskan, my answer to the soybean question would have been "Three to eight dollars per bowl, depending on which sushi restaurant you go to." It's not like it's something a whole bunch of people talk about.  But, there is an expectation in ag states that their delegation members serve on ag committees, and Ernst does serve on the "Committee of Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry."  Obviously, she doesn't pay that much attention.  So, sort of a bullshit question, but did actually expose a legitimate issue. And what was great about Greenfield's answer isn't that she just demonstrated a knowledge of current pricing, but that she understood the term "break even pricing," which means she understands the dynamics on what it takes a farmer to survive financially.  That's way more important in knowing what the price of corn is on October 15.  I mean, she has a "D" behind her name, so it won't really matter much to those struggling farmers, but it was still impressive. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Greenfield knowing that day’s corn prices would appear to indicate that she keep close track of commodity pricing. Perhaps she doesn’t and there was an aide in the background holding up a whiteboard. Regardless if you’re in the ag business in Iowa, I imagine you frequently look at prices, and you would want your senator to do so as well. And an Iowan senator should task an aide to tell her/him the price daily. 

and Ernst saying $5 when it’s $10 for soybeans really shows a huge disconnect. I don’t see how Ernst screwing up that answer does anything except to lose some votes. It sure as hell can’t earn votes.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.

No trumpkin can ever - EVER - lecture or even speak to any alleged moral failing of any candidate. For eternity.

Don’t forget all the racist fucktards who still voted for pedofile Roy Moore. That race should’ve been a blow out for Doug Jones. 

23 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Don’t forget all the racist fucktards who still voted for pedofile Roy Moore. That race should’ve been a blow out for Doug Jones. 

The guy they're gonna vote for this time is almost as bad.  I don't know that Tubs is a kid-fucker, but I DO know that he's a 5-star piece of shit crook.

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

I'm guessing the biggest difference is that Republicans started to realize he might lose.  It's one thing to withhold your approval as a symbolic protest; it's different when you think the black Democrat might actually win.  

As a Nebraskan, my answer to the soybean question would have been "Three to eight dollars per bowl, depending on which sushi restaurant you go to." It's not like it's something a whole bunch of people talk about.  But, there is an expectation in ag states that their delegation members serve on ag committees, and Ernst does serve on the "Committee of Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry."  Obviously, she doesn't pay that much attention.  So, sort of a bullshit question, but did actually expose a legitimate issue. And what was great about Greenfield's answer isn't that she just demonstrated a knowledge of current pricing, but that she understood the term "break even pricing," which means she understands the dynamics on what it takes a farmer to survive financially.  That's way more important in knowing what the price of corn is on October 15.  I mean, she has a "D" behind her name, so it won't really matter much to those struggling farmers, but it was still impressive. 

Most of the farm state members have either electronic commodity tickers in their front office or put them up on a White Board.  It’s kind of their bit.  

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The guy they're gonna vote for this time is almost as bad.  I don't know that Tubs is a kid-fucker, but I DO know that he's a 5-star piece of shit crook.

@Bama Chick would know better, but my understanding is there are a lot of GOP voters who are also Tide fans and asking them to support Tuberville is like asking us to support Stoops.