2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

On the one hand, this race hasn't been polled at all in over a month. Also, Tina running 7-8 points behind Biden statewide makes zero sense. 
On the other, KSTP has been digging through the trash for news for 20 years trying to stay relevant. 

GOP will not break 45 percent. Bet.

I cant say it enough. Mitt Romney can get fucked by a rabid elephant. He cares about Mitt Romney first, everyone else second. He is no champion of the people, that fuckstick made his millions in private equity fucking over numerous companies and workers so Bain could line its pockets. Its almost easier to excuse dipshits like Gohmert because they are just stupid fucking people. But Romney is smart, and he is acutely aware of what is going on in this country. 

Yup.

And everyone remembers his “47% of the voters will never vote for me” as a comment that got blown out of proportion by the “librul media” but everyone forgets the context of that statement and how shitty what he actually said was.

It was chock full of racist and classist dog whistles and was the same philosophy Trump and Stephen Miller espouse, he just said it more politely.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Read these parts again -

-“dependent upon government”

-“who believe that they are victims”

-“who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them”

-“who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement”

-“they will vote for THIS president (IE that negro fella) no matter what”

-“These are people who pay no income tax”

-“I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

That’s all fancy rich white guy speak for “welfare queens”, “lazy”, “cheating the system”, “buying steaks and Cadillacs with welfare money”. With the implication being “And you’re paying for it all!!!!”

And that’s not even getting into the fact that while, yes, 47% don’t pay INCOME tax, the actual facts that support that statistic are way more complicated.

In order to assess whether or not, as Romney claims, these non-income tax payers "will vote for the president no matter what," it's helpful to look at a breakdown of who they are. According to 2011 data from the Tax Policy Center, more than half of the filing units not paying income taxes are those with incomes less than $16,812 per year. Nearly a third - 29.2 percent - of those paying no income taxes are tax filers earning between $16,812 and $33,542, and 12.8 percent are those with incomes between $33,542 and $59,486. In other words, the poor are least likely to pay federal income taxes, but many middle-class families are also exempt. Smaller but significant numbers of the higher-income earners are also exempt: The same data shows that in 2011, 78,000 tax filers with incomes between $211,000 and $533,000 paid no income taxes; 24,000 households with incomes of $533,000 to $2.2 million paid no income taxes, and 3,000 tax filers with incomes above $2.2 million paid no income taxes.

Overall, according to the Tax Policy Center, "of the 38 million tax units made nontaxable by the addition of tax expenditures, 44 percent are moved off the tax rolls by elderly tax benefits and another 30 percent by credits for children and the working poor."

Moreover, only 18.1 percent of American households paid neither federal income taxes nor payroll taxes in 2011, says the Tax Policy Center. Of that 18.1 percent, 10.3 percent were elderly and 6.9 percent were non-elderly households earning less than $20,000 year, which include low-income families and students. About one in 20 is non-elderly with income over $20,000.

Mitt Romney wasn’t unfairly “smeared” by the media, the motherfucker actually got lucky the media was lazy AF in this instance. They focused on the 47% part, which was actually the least offensive statement he uttered that night and flat out ignored how dishonest and gross the rest of his diatribe was.

And he put a dog in a kennel on the roof of a car.

Fuck him and fuck anyone holding him up as some kind of “good Republican”.

He’s trash, just like the rest of the Republicans; he’s just packaged in a nicer suit and a moderately attractive face with good hair.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

In addition, the operative noted, the national GOP flooded the state with help and workers in 2014 when Roberts was in a tight race. None of that is happening now, the operative said, an indication that the Republican Party is stretched thin with more high-profile Senate battles in states such as Iowa and North and South Carolina.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-trump-kansas-republicans/2020/10/21/bfecd048-1286-11eb-ad6f-36c93e6e94fb_story.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gmr548 said:
13 hours ago, GopherRock said:
On the one hand, this race hasn't been polled at all in over a month. Also, Tina running 7-8 points behind Biden statewide makes zero sense. 
On the other, KSTP has been digging through the trash for news for 20 years trying to stay relevant. 

GOP will not break 45 percent. Bet.

That's a bet I'm not going to take. However, if I was setting a line for betting action on Trump's percentage, I'd start there.

20 minutes ago, G650 said:

So apparently Mark Kelly dressed up like Hitler?

Yeah..... I don’t know what to say. it kinda feels like the Democrat senate chances are imploding.

gardner is toast, but that’s offset by losing Jones

collins is still going to lose, but that only brings us to 52-48.

cunningham has seen his polls tighten because of the sexting crap. That seat was extremely close to being put away before that shit came out.

ive seen several polls with a Ernst back ahead and doing well. I don’t get it. Ernst is so terrible and deserves to lose. 

I don’t know how damning the Kelly thing is yet, but he had nearly a 10 point lead on mcsally who is yet another awful senator who deserves to lose.

ive never seen a poll in Montana with Daines trailing. Stale Cornyn is going to be just fine in Texas.

Georgia has that weird rule where you can’t win a race with a plurality or under 50%. The most likely scenario is 2 run offs in January after Trump loses. I could see the GOP going all out to preserve their majority, electing both Loeffler and Perdue.

I never in a million years thought the GOP could escape election night with a 52-48 senate majority, but it looks possible now. The democrats picked candidates who didn’t have clean histories. All the strong candidates like Harrison, Bollier, and Bullock are running in very red states where they will almost certainly lose.

its frustrating because the thing McConnell is best known for is to do nothing and that’s what this senate would do with a democrat in the White House.

Edited by Voldemort86

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

Yeah..... I don’t know what to say. it kinda feels like the Democrat senate chances are imploding.

cunningham has seen his polls tighten because of the sexting crap. That seat was extremely close to being put away before that shit came out.

ive seen several polls with a Ernst back ahead and doing well. I don’t get it. Ernst is so terrible and deserves to lose. 

I don’t know how damning the Kelly thing is yet, but he had nearly a 10 point lead on mcsally who is yet another awful senator who deserves to lose.

ive never seen a poll in Montana with Daines trailing. Stale Cornyn is going to be just fine in Texas.

Georgia has that weird rule where you can’t win a race with a plurality or under 50%. The most likely scenario is 2 run offs in January after Trump loses. I could see the GOP going all out to preserve their majority, electing both Loeffler and Collins.

I never in a million years thought the GOP could escape election night with a 52-48 senate majority, but it looks possible now. The democrats picked candidates who didn’t have clean histories. All the strong candidates like Harrison, Bollier, and Bullock are running in very red states where they will almost certainly lose.

its frustrating because the thing McConnell is best known for is to do nothing and that’s what this senate would do with a democrat in the White House.

I could have saved you the trouble of writing all this doom and gloom. Let's not become facebook and start sharing conspiracies and OANN stories.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, thepop said:

I could have saved you the trouble of writing all this doom and gloom. Let's not become facebook and start sharing conspiracies and OANN stories.

giphy.gif

BTW, the guy that "broke" the story is the same dude who broke Cunningham supposedly (haven't verified).  Dirt digging time..... Cal's thing has some legs but this ain't going to do much.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

giphy.gif

BTW, the guy that "broke" the story is the same dude who broke Cunningham supposedly (haven't verified).  Dirt digging time..... Cal's thing has some legs but this ain't going to do much.

The Cunningham story came from the woman who was involved in the affair. This is a picture of a white guy from 35 years ago that could be anyone.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

giphy.gif

He's actually the same guy that got the Northam blackface photos here in Va too.

Patrick Howley
@HowleyReporter
Always Right.

As seen on Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, C-Span, CBS, and Alex Jones Send me Tips: Patrickreporter@protonmail.com

Seriously. You just started spreading a rumor from this guy. Good job dumbass.

Edited by thepop
forgot to include the word dumbass
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Georgia has that weird rule where you can’t win a race with a plurality or under 50%. The most likely scenario is 2 run offs in January after Trump loses. I could see the GOP going all out to preserve their majority, electing both Loeffler and Perdue.

11.gif.84ce4b8e94da8061b83e6ea850c69d07.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, G650 said:

He's actually the same guy that got the Northam blackface photos here in Va too.

That's it!  Thanks.  I knew it was one of those "gotcha" things.  Can you imagine how big a loser this guy is?  Goes through hundreds and hundreds of yearbooks looking for shit....

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Trump and Dobbs torpedoing Lady G. 
tenor.gif?itemid=7851132

despite throwing some money to Lindsey’s opponent, I never ever thought there was a chance Lindsey would lose.   Now it seems like it’s at least a possibility.   

Edited by Ted Lange
  • Hook 'Em 1