Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

https://shareblue.com/trump-50-cent-inauguration-500000-dollars/

According to rapper and actor 50 Cent (real name: Curtis Jackson), Trump offered him $500,000 to appear at his poorly attended inauguration. 50 Cent turned him down because “all money is not good money.”

50 Cent told the story during an appearance Tuesday on CBS’ “The Late Late Show,” sitting next to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA).

Host James Corden asked him, “Has any politician tried to get your support? Have they courted you?”

During Trump’s inauguration “they offered me a half a million dollars to do it,” 50 Cent replied.

“To play at the inauguration?” Corden asked.

“No, just to come,” 50 Cent replied.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

If any candidate runs on a platform of deporting all republicans, they have my vote.  

You know what?  Fuck this.  Fuck it hard.  I know you’re joking, but that kind of sentiment is exactly the opposite of how we should approach this national crisis (which is what the Trump era is).  We aren’t going to salvage this country by succumbing to our worst tribal instincts and becoming the blue flavor of what we hate most about the Red Team.  

I agree with almost nothing the modern GOP stands for.  But Republicans are Americans and human beings and we’re all ultimately on the same team.  Demonizing the other side will do nothing but make matters worse, cause violence, and lead us ever farther away from our cherished American values.  

You’re either in this for all Americans, or you’re just as bad as the Trumpist assholes on the other side.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

You know what?  Fuck this.  Fuck it hard.  I know you’re joking, but that kind of sentiment is exactly the opposite of how we should approach this national crisis (which is what the Trump era is).  We aren’t going to salvage this country by succumbing to our worst tribal instincts and becoming the blue flavor of what we hate most about the Red Team.  

I agree with almost nothing the modern GOP stands for.  But Republicans are Americans and human beings and we’re all ultimately on the same team.  Demonizing the other side will do nothing but make matters worse, cause violence, and lead us ever farther away from our cherished American values.  

You’re either in this for all Americans, or you’re just as bad as the Trumpist assholes on the other side.

95% of Republicans holding office throughout the country can fuck right off. They have abused the sensibilities of their own base for decades, culminating in the shitshow that is the Trump era. 

The vast majority of Americans citizens can come together. But not with the GOP wielding power. 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

That's the thing,  we are NOT all on the same team.  Any R that's truly for America has left the party...raises hand.  Those who are left would MUCH rather join arms with Russians who also hate browns, gays etc.  So your point sounds great until you break down what exactly is going on.  Not saying deport them, but sure as hell don't coddle them and give some 'yay team' BS...that won't play. 

That’s bullshit.  I know plenty of people who still consider themselves Republican but who nevertheless oppose Trump and will not vote for him.  They despise what he stands for and they prioritize most of the same American values you and I do.  They’re Republicans out of loyalty or tradition or sentimentality.  But they’re no friend of Trumpism and any enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine.  

Yeah the Republican Party is currently a criminal enterprise that has managed to brainwash 25 percent of the country beyond all hope. Politically speaking, those people are long gone as is the Republican Party.

Unfortunately  we will have to completely move on from them,  politically speaking. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s bullshit.  I know plenty of people who still consider themselves Republican but who nevertheless oppose Trump and will not vote for him.  They despise what he stands for and they prioritize most of the same American values you and I do.  They’re Republicans out of loyalty or tradition or sentimentality.  But they’re no friend of Trumpism and any enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine.  

I'm not talking about those people.  They have left like I have, they may not be D's now but they sure as shit are not with the R party.  If they throw all these assholes out, I'll consider coming back to the party but I highly doubt it after many a R showed their true colors.  I'm talking about all the assholes protecting and supporting this regime.  There's A LOT of those people.  And fuck them...deportation is too kind, as those who actually colluded with the Russians should be hanging from the rafters.  Treasonous pieces of shit. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

If those people made up any significant portion of the Republican party then Trump would not have won the party nomination and certainly not the presidency.  In other words these people you know are fucking liars just like the vast majority of republicans.  They can all go fuck themselves - traitorous pieces of shit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If those people made up any significant portion of the Republican party then Trump would not have won the party nomination and certainly not the presidency.  In other words these people you know are fucking liars just like the vast majority of republicans.  They can all go fuck themselves - traitorous pieces of shit.

bingo.   if this group of "plenty of folks who still consider themselves Republican but who oppose Trump" that brickhorn references are supporting and/or voting for any republican, for any office, at any level, then they are supporting trump, and are complicit  fuck them.  

Yep, if you can't put country over party by now, you're irredeemably traitorous. 

Trump could take a dump on the Constitution and wipe his ass with the flag and these scumbags wouldn't bat an eye.  So long as there isn't a"lib" in the White House nothing else matters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That's the thing,  we are NOT all on the same team.  Any R that's truly for America has left the party...raises hand.  Those who are left would MUCH rather join arms with Russians who also hate browns, gays etc.  So your point sounds great until you break down what exactly is going on.  Not saying deport them, but sure as hell don't coddle them and give some 'yay team' BS...that won't play. 

Preach

I'm willing to give any individual a chance until they prove themselves unworthy.  I know people who remain staunch Republicans because of one single issue -- abortion.  They truly reject the bigotry of the current Republican leaders, but in their mind they have to make that compromise.  I think it's flawed thinking, as I don't think Trump or any (many?) Republican leaders actually give a shit about abortion, they just use it as a tool to divide, but I can't honestly vilify someone for whom that's such an important issue.

The rest of 'em can rot in hell, and no, I'm not willing to listen.  I've listened plenty.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm willing to give any individual a chance until they prove themselves unworthy.  I know people who remain staunch Republicans because of one single issue -- abortion.  They truly reject the bigotry of the current Republican leaders, but in their mind they have to make that compromise.  I think it's flawed thinking, as I don't think Trump or any (many?) Republican leaders actually give a shit about abortion, they just use it as a tool to divide, but I can't honestly vilify someone for whom that's such an important issue.

The rest of 'em can rot in hell, and no, I'm not willing to listen.  I've listened plenty.

This shaped my political thinking in my formative years and led to my falling in line with other Reaganesqe ideas of the time.  The "party" lost me at the tail end of the Bush II administration due to the Gulf war shenanigans and the increase in commodities prices.  But that also gave me pause to think about what was going on with abortion, which I am still opposed to.  It was for me, as you say, realizing that republicans "did not give a shit" about it, but only used it as a political wedge while never adequately addressing issues that could minimize its use indirectly.  For me, in a perfect world, abortion would be legal up to a certain time, but almost no one would take that option because the stigma would be removed, a support system would be in place for the newborn and parents, the preventive measures in place would keep the conception from occurring, and people would be  generally excluding it as an option, not because of shame or sin or punishment from god, but because it is counter to  our natural drive to procreate.  Then at the end of the day if someone wanted to go ahead with the procedure, then that would be their decision and if there were any supernatural consequences , that would be between them and their creator/higher power. and I would be left out of it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I know a few people in this camp too.  A few I know in particular are very liberal generally on almost everything and support things like all gay marriage rights from the beginning and transgenders in the military and such and are not even religious in the slightest but they value all life as very sacred and are against the death penalty and abortion on their own moral principles.  This issue trumps (sorry) everything else for them even though I would say for 90% of things they are definitely Democratic in my eyes.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Great, your "friend" is a single issue voter?  (aka simpleton)    How does your friend feel about robust sex education starting in 5th grade?  How about universal free pre-k?  How about access to condoms and family planning?

What your "friend" doesn't get (or doesn't want to get) is that no one wants more abortions...  no one.   The GOP has defunded and attacked PROVEN teen pregnancy prevention strategies because it's not their religiously base Abstinence Only policy.   They are willing to let others suffer in ignorance and poverty because of their own beliefs.

Your "friend" is likely not very informed or willfully ignorant of the many of issues surrounding and shaping their "single issue"

Challenge your "friend" to understand the drivers of unwanted pregnancy and attack those with equal vigor.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Great, your "friend" is a single issue voter?  (aka simpleton)    How does your friend feel about robust sex education starting in 5th grade?  How about universal free pre-k?  How about access to condoms and family planning?

What your "friend" doesn't get (or doesn't want to get) is that no one wants more abortions...  no one.   The GOP has defunded and attacked PROVEN teen pregnancy prevention strategies because it's not their religiously base Abstinence Only policy.   They are willing to let others suffer in ignorance and poverty because of their own beliefs.

Your "friend" is likely not very informed or willfully ignorant of the many of issues surrounding and shaping their "single issue"

Challenge your "friend" to understand the drivers of unwanted pregnancy and attack those with equal vigor.

uMAFRQ.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ring that bell.  That is the biggest "tell" on the issue.  If you are TRULY "pro-life," then you take that stance consistently, AND you work to address the issue at the source, to minimize the desire for abortion or other actions that endanger life.  The doesn't just fail to do so -- they consistently oppose anything along those lines.

As just one counter-example, contrast that with the Catholic church, which is at least consistent with its "pro-life" stance -- it is anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, and dedicated to protecting refugees and asylum seekers.

In today's GOP, abortion is a facade.  It allows party supporters to falsely claim some sort of moral high ground, while supporting cruelty (remember, the cruelty IS the point these days).  Watch the discussion.  Watch them refuse to defend the actual cruelty espoused and practiced by the party, only to deflect with "oh yeah, what about ABORTION?!?!"  Every.  Single.  Time.  They use abortion as a shield, behind which they hide and commit and support pure cruelty.  That also tells you the end game -- the abortion debate is never going away (that is, the GOP leadership never actually wants to kill Roe v. Wade), because they don't want to be left without their shield.

Fake Republican. Fakiest of the fakey fakery.

You didn't REALLY work on a campaign more than once. 

/snark