Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Chooky said:

How much fun would it be as a reporter to get to ask the POTUS "Mr. President, do you have any response to the Iranian President telling the world stage that you're retarded?"

No.1, he’s not my type. No.2, i don’t even know him. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

Dude, it was not easy.

This is why you elect a man like Donald Trump...to tackle the pressing issues of our era, such as [checks notes] getting permits approved for a fireworks show.

There are probably many trumpy supporters who think this is kickass. Like this is finally the dude who can snap his fingers and BOOM ... monster truck rally.

I think they thought, thought the stone was gonna catch on fire. That doesn't happen, right?

No, you dumb, sunnuvabitch. I have no knowledge of the history there, but I can guarantee you that it had nothing to do with fears of granite stones catching on fire. If it had anything to do with fire, it probably had something to do with the fucking forest, you broken-brained boob.

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

All the media cares about is the spectacle. Their jobs become a lot more boring and garner less attention with a stable person in the Oval Office. 

American media types are not the arbiters of truth. I fully believe most of them would prefer Trump winning again in 2020. 

You are confusing the media with the owners. The latter doesn’t mind trump. In their mind he’s doing a good job, given their goals. 

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No, you dumb, sunnuvabitch. I have no knowledge of the history there, but I can guarantee you that it had nothing to do with fears of granite stones catching on fire. If it had anything to do with fire, it probably had something to do with the fucking forest, you broken-brained boob.

You just need to rake the forest.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You are confusing the media with the owners. The latter doesn’t mind trump. In their mind he’s doing a good job, given their goals. 

I'm not confusing anything. The vast majority of journalists/pundits/reporters, as well as the owners, are looking out for themselves. The truth is secondary. 

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

In all seriousness, while I was shocked in the last few years by how many Republicans and Trumpkins were hateful people and utterly devoid of principles beyond “lib tears good! But Obama!”, what is now actually much more shocking to me is how so many of them literally do not think in complete thoughts or speak in complete sentences.  

What has happened to this country?  Have text messages and tweets and Fox News chyrons made people’s brains unable to process more than three consecutive words or formulate a thought more complex than a crying Jordan meme?

I think it's just cognitive dissonance in action.  Trump violates nearly every single conservative talking point that they spouted over the last few decades.   So what you're seeing is the brain trying futilely to resolve that conflict. 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I think that’s part of the reason Hope Hicks peaced out.

She couldn’t take the daily spray tan sessions any longer.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/hope-hicks-steamed-trumps-suit-while-he-was-wearing-it.html

this would be enough for anyone.

Is Trump’s entire body covered in scar tissue or is his skin resilient to direct heat? That is a question we must now ponder, based on unsettling information that has recently surfaced: White House communications director Hope Hicks once steamed Trump’s suit while he was wearing it during his presidential campaign, the Washington Post reports.

This bizarre and frankly unsafe ritual was observed by Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who wrote about it in his forthcoming book with former deputy campaign manager David Bossie, Let Trump Be Trump. According to the book, of which the Post obtained an advanced copy, Hicks would always bring a steamer on Trump’s plane. At some point during the campaign, Lewandowski witnessed Trump yelling at Hope to “get the machine.” He wasn’t prepared for what came next.

“Hope would take out the steamer and start steaming Mr. Trump’s suit, while he was wearing it!” Lewandowski wrote, rightfully baffled because steam is very hot and can therefore leave extremely painful burns on your skin. “She’d steam the jacket first and then sit in a chair in front of him and steam his pants.”

Get unlimited access to The Cut and everything else New York.
LEARN MORE »
The ritual was — is? — sacred. The one time Hicks forgot the steamer, Trump unsurprisingly yelled, “Goddammit, Hope!” According to the book, it was “a mistake she would never make again.”

3 hours ago, WgnBrnr said:

Looks like the Orange oompa loompa from Wizard of Oz....

This might be my favorite sentence ever - there are about four layers of complete unawareness colliding here. It's either brilliant or hilarious or full blown psychopathic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

ESL students have a better grasp of the language.

D97NUpBXUAAxjTP.png:large

I mean dear God that was a whole mess of words that made no sense. His brain is gone at this point, but I'll still gawk at his words and remember that this idiot is in charge of the country. What a time to be alive. 

37 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Time stamps check out. 

I have said this more than once here, but it's a tragedy that Alan Colmes is the one who passed away out of the two. Colmes had morals and a backbone. Whether you agreed with him or not he was a good human being. This guy is a fat ass lump of shit who deserves to be the one six feet under.

• Like 1

I have said this more than once here, but it's a tragedy that Alan Colmes is the one who passed away out of the two. Colmes had morals and a backbone. Whether you agreed with him or not he was a good human being. This guy is a fat ass lump of shit who deserves to be the one six feet under.
Backbone? Alan Colmes??

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:
35 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Read more  

Backbone? Alan Colmes??

Yes. I am not a Democrat (Fuck the Trumpkins though and the Republican party as a whole), but Colmes was a good human being. He took so much shit on-air fron Hannity, but did it without being negative. I admired his ability to navigate being on that show. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I mean dear God that was a whole mess of words that made no sense. His brain is gone at this point, but I'll still gawk at his words and remember that this idiot is in charge of the country. What a time to be alive. 

Nope, I just read this post on OB, Trump is brilliant.

c'est la vie Well-Known Member
Gold Member
New
UT Big Daddy said:
I think there could be something to the point that Trump is using the oil situation and Gulf security as a way to get China to submit to a trade deal he wants.
Could be. He's an egotistical SOB, but he's a shrewd and brilliant operator. I would hate to play poker with him.

Hook'em

49 minutes ago, RPM said:

I would wind up with Mar-a-Lago 

Its really amazing that people can't see how fucking stupid the man is. I remember watching him on TV when I was about 15 and knew he was full of shit.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I thought USPS waits for its subjects to die before putting them on a stamp.

ETA: Ah fuck. You got me.

But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother fuck him and John Wayne
'Cause I'm Black and I'm proud
I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps

• Like 4