Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, lemonlime said:

Personally, I think the speech will be "fine" in a vacuum.  He'll read some pablum off a teleprompter in a monotone voice while sniffing a lot.  And his sycophants will point to his so-called unifying speech any time anyone accuses him of instigating violence.

And he'll be back at it in a week or two. Gun controlled stalled again. Rinse, repeat.

Trump is such a pathetic excuse for a human. I hope he’s happy. While he spits the anger vile venom that causes people to act this way, and his children are safe in bed, 30 families are crying that they’ll never see their children again. And he does it all so he can win and get re-elected. He doesn’t care about these people, this is a hiccup. Shame on him and all his followers. 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Only President fuckwad would publicly state that immigration reform should be tied into some kind of gun control measure not 48 hours after a slaughter of people by someone who (checks notes) has written there was an invasion of Hispanics that needed dealt with.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

The only solution to violent white supremacists is to give them what they want.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

We do negotiate with terrorists. Just white ones. 

Calling to tie gun control with immigration - DONT POLITICIZE IT BRO

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

“If you guys don’t stop criticizing me and build my wall I will keep on encouraging my followers who will inevitably murder more innocent Americans.” 

- The President of the United States 

So, remember how the Repubs told us in 2008 that "THERE'S A TERRORIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE!"?

Yeah....so, that "every accusation is a confession" thing is pretty much a law now.

Seriously, imagine that the head of a foreign state did the following:

1) incited his people to hate Americans and blame them for every ill; 2) when he gave a speech complaining about Americans, and how to deal with them, someone in the crowd yelled "shoot them," the crowd laughed, he laughed, and said "only in this district can you say that," smiling the whole time; 3) a lone wolf terrorist using all of his vocabulary kills Americans, and leaves a manifesto using the exact same language the head of state uses to demonize Americans; 4) in response, the foreign leader says "I will work with America to root out these terrorists....but they need to give in to my demands."

We'd have B-52's in the air by lunchtime.

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Only President fuckwad would publicly state that immigration reform should be tied into some kind of gun control measure not 48 hours after a slaughter of people by someone who (checks notes) has written there was an invasion of Hispanics that needed dealt with.

Art of the Deal...

...with the Devil.

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Personally, I think the speech will be "fine" in a vacuum.  He'll read some pablum off a teleprompter in a monotone voice while sniffing a lot.  And his sycophants will point to his so-called unifying speech any time anyone accuses him of instigating violence.

pretty much this.

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Not one mention of reforming laws around the sale of guns or ammo. It’s the video games. Yep, that’s it. 

Wait he's speaking now and his excuse is video games? Aren't video games a very early 2000's excuse?

Remember how the Rs and RushFoxHannity warned us of the imminent threat of Muslim terrorists committing heinous acts on our soil after 9/11. There were going to be suitcase nukes, shopping mall shootings, etc. All presented as supplementary reasons for going to Iraq/Afghanistan to fight them over there. Good times.

6 minutes ago, sachick said:

Wait he's speaking now and his excuse is video games? Aren't video games a very early 2000's excuse?

Nah, we're on the third or fourth recycling of that one.  I heard it in the 80s talking about Combat on the Atari 2600.

7 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

And he said nothing about changing aggressive rhetoric that fans the flames and jump starts these guys who are just looking for a reason.

You think he's going to take any actual responsibility, Hell no.

And I'm still trying to find out who was shot in Toledo.

Maybe if this bloat bag wasn't out cheating on the golf course after two massacres he would know the correct name of the city.

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

What is up with that Toledo thing? Those seem clearly to not be his words and come from a Teleprompter. Did the entire team who typed the speech not know what city we were talking about? 

he meant Tolstoy 

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously, imagine that the head of a foreign state did the following:

1) incited his people to hate Americans and blame them for every ill; 2) when he gave a speech complaining about Americans, and how to deal with them, someone in the crowd yelled "shoot them," the crowd laughed, he laughed, and said "only in this district can you say that," smiling the whole time; 3) a lone wolf terrorist using all of his vocabulary kills Americans, and leaves a manifesto using the exact same language the head of state uses to demonize Americans; 4) in response, the foreign leader says "I will work with America to root out these terrorists....but they need to give in to my demands."

and 5) had the full and unconditional support of every single elected official and politician in his party and nearly half of the voting population in that country.  

Just now, retread said:

Remember how the Rs and RushFoxHannity warned us of the imminent threat of Muslim terrorists committing heinous acts on our soil after 9/11. There were going to be suitcase nukes, shopping mall shootings, etc. All presented as supplementary reasons for going to Iraq/Afghanistan to fight them over there. Good times. 

There was 1 terrorist attack 18 years ago and we still have to take our shoes off to fly in an airplane (or pay $85, go through rigorous background checks and an interview to bypass that)

There's been hundreds of mass shootings since 2001.  No new gun legislation or government agencies created. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

What is up with that Toledo thing? Those seem clearly to not be his words and come from a Teleprompter. Did the entire team who typed the speech not know what city we were talking about? 

Never forget Toledo and Bowling Green! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It was almost as bad as the massacre in Bowling Green. 

• Like 1

Something remarkable here, once again, Trump is passing up the easiest political layup for the sake of...well, evil. 

Imagine Trump’s political gains if he came out today and said, “This is over, we’re banning assault rifles and I am going to make this happen.”    Sadly he wouldn’t even have to be telling the truth to score an easy political win on the day.   He could just blame the democrats for not getting the legislation through Congress when McConnell fucks up the process. 

The political incompetence hovers between terrifying and reassuring by the hour. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something remarkable here, once again, Trump is passing up the easiest political layup for the sake of...well, evil. 

Imagine Trump’s political gains if he came out today and said, “This is over, we’re banning assault rifles and I am going to make this happen.”    Sadly he wouldn’t even have to be telling the truth to score an easy political win on the day.   He could just blame the democrats for not getting the legislation through Congress when McConnell fucks up the process. 

The political incompetence hovers between terrifying and reassuring by the hour. 

the next election would be 130,000,000 to 0 if he did that.

17 minutes ago, retread said:

So....what I'm getting out of this is, BIG SILVER LINING!  We get the convenience of staying right here at home to fight this iteration of terrorism!  Man, how easy is that?  Thanks, Trump!