Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

What exactly are Highest Condolences?  I've heard of Deepest Condolences.  An advanced-degree holding Speech Therapist I know is frequently telling me that he is starting to exhibit symptoms of either a TIA, or the early signs of dementia.  

Deepest condolences are at the bottom. Highest condolences are at the top. The best condolences. All other condolences are losers. Sad!

• Like 2

The masochist in me wants to see him pull this off.  Apple?  Out.  Everyone working with Foxconn and Delta and God knows how many millions of small Chinese factories?  Out.  No ties with China. 

Do it, you fat feckless fuck!.  Our economy will be in the shitter within a week.  (By "shitter" I mean "worse than the Great Depression, not some minor 30% stock market swoon".)

White women are terrifying.

(And I’m a white woman)

Nobody said “they don’t exist.” They are, however, a minority of women. But oh yes, there’s a large group of super-shitty white women in this country. The kind who will call the cops on a “suspicious person” (black man at a park with his kids, etc).
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The masochist in me wants to see him pull this off.  Apple?  Out.  Everyone working with Foxconn and Delta and God knows how many millions of small Chinese factories?  Out.  No ties with China. 

Do it, you fat feckless fuck!.  Our economy will be in the shitter within a week.  (By "shitter" I mean "worse than the Great Depression, not some minor 30% stock market swoon".)

Yeah, let's see a lot of empty shelves at Walmart. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Halliburton Project Management and Trinidad partner to manufacture rig platforms in China along with other products.  The residual impact of just that single partnership is a perpetual stream of revenue from shipping to marketing all the way down to basic services. Now imagine 500 more of those.  The amount of companies that rely upon Chinese products and Chinese manufacturing is basically infinite.  I actually value U.S. made products when I have the option.  Great.  Whatever.  Fat Donny is selling an infantile notion to infants with the fantasy that we can just manufacture everything domestically and sell outward and retail to each other.  The country that makes the Iphone has residents that can't afford the Iphone.  How would our plants compete for contracts?  Smaller wages.  Donny Mid Section wants to pretend that global trade can just be thwarted by refusing to acknowledge its existence, like he did when construction companies sent him an invoice.  His supporters will humor him in that fantasy and his staff is probably too frightened to inform him of his ignorance.  Rock on, Don!  This is why you sucked at business and development.  

There are people all over this site, even in just this one forum, who could go further in depth beyond my half-assed knowledge.  I keep waiting to see how far is too far.  How long can titans of commerce and real business professionals continue to entertain this screeching, idiot child with his lollipop and sailor suit?  Forget about congress, Washington and political parties.  How long can other smart people continue to pretend this isn't stupid?  China needs someone to stand up to them and those negotiations happen quietly.  Trump's simplistic vision of business negotiations is one guy being carried off the field like Rudy while the other drops to their knees in shame.  That's the fantasy land that he has used all his life to promote his celebrity status.  Dumbasses are the only people who believe it.  Aren't there people around who can tell him that going nuclear, zero sum on your first move and then backing down from that position immediately hasn't worked the first four times he's done it and will continue to not work?    

Remember Donny Abdomen's business coalition of CFO's from America's top 25 companies or whatever it was?  That lasted like three months.  The first meeting they had he humiliated them, not only by association, but he had each of them individually praise him in single file.  When they didn't say what he wanted them to say he told them, live on television, what to say and sat back and waited for them to say it.  They scattered like a hand grenade was dropped in the campfire because being that closely associated with United States President was too embarrassing and too risky.  And they were too busy to humor a needy, emotional void like Trump as if the trust fund king of bankruptcy had even a slight understanding of what they manage.

tl;dr Where are the smart people?     

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Remember Donny Abdomen's business coalition of CFO's from America's top 25 companies or whatever it was?  That lasted like three months.  The first meeting they had he humiliated them, not only by association, but he had each of them individually praise him in single file.  When they didn't say what he wanted them to say he told them, live on television, what to say and sat back and waited for them to say it.  They scattered like a hand grenade was dropped in the campfire because being that closely associated with United States President was too embarrassing and too risky.  And they were too busy to humor a needy, emotional void like Trump as if the trust fund king of bankruptcy had even a slight understanding of what they manage.

tl;dr Where are the smart people?     

Ahh yes, the President's Manufacturing Council. Our CEO was a member. He resigned from the council shortly after dotard's infamous "both sides" comments post Charlottesville. Trump disbanded the council a few days later rather than suffer the humiliation & rejection as execs left en masse. Ol' Donny isn't familiar with what real leadership looks like.

Anxiously awaiting the WSJ editorial board's enthusiastic support of gov mandated withdrawal from China.

They usually wait about a week from his batshit crazy ideas before they offer their support. I assume it takes some time to draft the editorial without stroking out.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am waiting for the part where Slorch comes around to yell free market in a crowded movie theater again. Someone shoot me a PM maybe when that happens again so I can make sure to digest that in real time. 

hqg-407.gif

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Wait...what?

Up at 1 AM tweeting. Gonna need more Adderall for G7 meetings in the morning. Pfft none of this interests him anyway.

August 25

9.30am: Working session

1pm: Working lunch - The fight against inequality

2pm: Presentation of the report by the G7 Gender Equality Advisory Council

3pm: Working session - The G7 partnership with Africa

7pm: Extended dinner with spouses

Edited by retread