Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

“Did you travel to Europe in 2016?”

That was about it.

03:47:55  

IN 2016 DID YOU TRAVEL TO EUROPE?

03:47:57  

YES.

DID YOU MEET WITH PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE MOSCOW TOWER PROJECT?

03:48:03  

NO.

IT WAS FOR PERSONAL --

03:48:05  

PERSONAL. MY DAUGHTER WAS STUDYING IN LONDON.

03:48:11  

SO YOU DID NOT MEET WITH ANY RUSSIANS?

03:48:13  

NO.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:
03:47:55  

IN 2016 DID YOU TRAVEL TO EUROPE?

YES.

DID YOU MEET WITH PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE MOSCOW TOWER PROJECT?

NO.

IT WAS FOR PERSONAL --

03:48:05  

PERSONAL. MY DAUGHTER WAS STUDYING IN LONDON.

03:48:11  

SO YOU DID NOT MEET WITH ANY RUSSIANS?

03:48:13  

NO.

Okay, still doesn’t address the question of whereabouts in Europe. 

Man, she looks like she came straight from the HOA meeting and she wants to speak to YOUR manager

I was listening to her on npr right as I was pulling up to a ups store to mail some returns...there was a woman in an SUV in the parking space next to the one I was pulling into.

First she didn’t bother to see if anyone was pulling into the next space before opening her door (I couldn’t see if anyone was in the car), then once she saw me she quickly opened her rear door while I just sat there halfway into the space waiting on her, after which she hurried into the store ahead of me, didn’t bother to hold the door a split second longer so it slammed in my face...all that hurrying to get into the store before me and her package didn’t have a bar coded label...she was still fumbling with her phone in the store while I was already driving away.

All I could think of was the rep from WV, with that same middle aged woman veiled outrage, I was just hearing on the radio...who sounded like she was about to cry in frustration that her day wasn’t going to plan.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i still don't understand why the republicans have conceded their role as a check on the executive. oh wait, that russian nra money tho

Because, in most cases, their constituents, whose votes they need, are Trump supporters. If you're representing Trump supporters as a senator/congressman, then you're going to support Trump as a senator/congressman, or else you won't find yourself getting re-elected.

This is also why you see the newly-elected Democrats on fire to end Trump. They, too, know exactly why they were elected, and exactly what they need to do to please their base.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i do love cohen owning up to shit. but also, i love that he's not afraid to drop first and last names into public record.

I think Cohen is only owning up to stuff he thinks he might get nailed on...  Nothing he says can be taken at face value, it doesn't mean his testimony is not valuable, it's just that he is a self dealing scumbag.  That didn't change overnight.   I do like the fact he doesn't seem to be reaching or trying to deliver for one group or the other.

They keep trying to convince me that Cohen isn't a good guy.  I get that.

And I get that he lied to Congress before.

But I also get that he's all out of reasons to lie to Congress now.  Because he's not Donald Trump's lawyer anymore.

You're basically shredding his character from when he was having his strings pulled by the guy you're trying to defend, you bunch of dummies.

• Like 1

On the Prague line of inquiry, there’s a possibility it was Gates and not Cohen that did what the Dossier alleges.   Given the allegations, Gates is the far more likely person to go to Europe and clean up Manafort’s mess at that time.

It never made sense to me why Cohen would be the one designated on a Manafort clean up mission because he would be so unfamiliar with the parties involved. 

• Like 1

Just now, Loco said:

I think Cohen is only owning up to stuff he thinks he might get nailed on...  Nothing he says can be taken at face value, it doesn't mean his testimony is not valuable, it's just that he is a self dealing scumbag.  That didn't change overnight.   I do like the fact he doesn't seem to be reaching or trying to deliver for one group or the other.

Keep in mind that Cohen's atty there with him "for free", Lanny Davis, is representing RU oligarch D. Firtash in his fight against extradition to the US.  I can't help but think that Davis has bigger clients than Cohen who have a distinct interest in aspects of Cohen's cooperation remaining walled off.  Cohen could conceivably have incentive for rewards after prison if he helps keep certain parties (not Trump) in the clear.  Ultimately it all fails imo.