Texas recruiting notes 2019

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

They also supposedly got a silent commitment from arguably the best prospect in the country, Kayvon Thibodeaux 

They have 24. Anyone have any idea of how many they can take and how many they can roll back (if any, I forget how the rule works now). 

I...can't imagine they actually are going to get Thibodeaux.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

They have 24. Anyone have any idea of how many they can take and how many they can roll back (if any, I forget how the rule works now). 

Only took 22 last year, so they can probably approach 30 if they want, although you start to rob the next class's spots when you do that 

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

They took 24 last class and currently have 22 commits right now.

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I am so sick of Saban and the blight he has put on college football. Are any of his former assistants are clean?

Is it wrong of me to wish an Enron-level scandal to hit that school related to recruiting shenanigans - invalidating their titles and sending that fucker into perpetual hiding and shame.  

SEC...SEC....SEC.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

He liked them out of high school. And now a bunch of handwringing pussies on this board have written him off because of that and corroborating lamentations from $9.95ers. 

How many times a year do we hear Texas is my dream school only for them to sign elsewhere?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Is it wrong of me to wish an Enron-level scandal to hit that school related to recruiting shenanigans - invalidating their titles and sending that fucker into perpetual hiding and shame.  

SEC...SEC....SEC.... 

For a second I thought you might be talking about A&M... until I got to the "invalidating their titles" part.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Am I the only one on the board who thinks the Bevocopter thing is kinda lame?  We're essentially copying Rumlin with that one aren't we?

We didn't make fun of aggy using a helicopter, we made fun of aggy fans going overboard crazy about it thinking it proved how cool they were.

I don’t think aggy was the first place to use helicopters to go from game to game on a Friday night. 

Theyre just the ones who decided to attach a level of cache to it that other big money programs don’t, because to Texas and Alabama that’s just normal business. 

Like a CEO that routinely choppers around vs a rube that brags about buying an hour helicopter tour of a city. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Treefidy said:

He's going to tOSU, you heard it here 1,856,051st 

he is probably next years rondale moore, would love to have him based on how incredible an athelete he is, but he bit into the papa johns

Wtf? I highly doubt that. Ohio State hasn't had a 1000 yard receiver since 2002. Moore has 57 receptions for 728 yards. Wilson will be lucky to get that many yards in 2-3 years. Great route runner, decent height, but Rondale Moore he is not and never will be. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’ve never seen a prospect who can change directions like Rondale Moore.   I’m trying to think of any player at any level who looks like they are controlled by a joystick.   Help me out here cause I got nuthin

Percy Harvin comes to mind. No doubt Moore is a transcendent player based on what we've seen so far. 

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Damn you aren't lying. I hadn't really paid any attention to them, and I mosey'd on over to their commit list. They have some really, really nice top end talent. 

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Season/2018-Football/Commits/

...PAID...

5 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Is Phil Knight opening up the checkbook again? Or are Cristobal and company just really good recruiters? Both?

...OPENING UP THE CHECKBOOK...

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Cristobal has always been a recruiting witch, wherever he's gone. Dude knows how to play the game.

...KNOWS HOW TO PLAY THE GAME...

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Cristobal was considered one of Saban's best recruiters at Alabama. Take from that what you will.

...SABAN'S BEST RECRUITERS...

$hocked that Oregon would be accu$ed of paying player$...

(or not)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Noel Devine's HS video was pretty much a videogame.

I had to look him up because I couldn't remember what happened to him after college. He had a pretty good career in college, but did nothing in the pros or in Canada. A couple of interesting notes, Devine was only three months old when his father died in 1988 from AIDS and 11 years old when his mother also died of AIDS. He moved to Prosper, TX to live with Deion Sanders but only stayed there a couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I had to look him up because I couldn't remember what happened to him after college. He had a pretty good career in college, but did nothing in the pros or in Canada. A couple of interesting notes, Devine was only three months old when his father died in 1988 from AIDS and 11 years old when his mother also died of AIDS. He moved to Prosper, TX to live with Deion Sanders but only stayed there a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I think the kid had been bouncing around friends’ homes in south Florida and getting in trouble. Deion was trying to get him out of the environment in Miami because he was afraid the kid would end up wasting his talent. Brought the kid into his home. Came home after a couple weeks and Devine had bought a Greyhound ticket home.