Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t call someone a contrarian meaning something negative. Just fact. If you look at your posting history here, you’re willing to go against perceived consensus, and to be generally dismissive of the counters when doing so. Consider the source on this, and like I said, it’s not an issue. 

How to bet it? Some sort of simple weighted premise around total starts, all-conference and AA honors, and if one starts at LT vs RT. 

If holding other prominent posters accountable for developing potentially bad habits, and doing so in support of one of our recruits, makes me a buzz kill, so be it. I have mocked the “there has never been a worthy OT prospect in the history of recruiting “ ethos for going on two decades now. It’s a thing otherwise intelligent recruiting guys twist themselves into. 

How about we agree that you are not a buzz kill, just an self-aggrandizing idiot?  Keep fighting the good fight!

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If so, it’s a pretty big proof point that aggy is cheating their ass off. There have been other strange things happening with their recruits, but this one really sticks out. I wonder if much of the aggy fan base cares?

The same fan base that overwhelming approves of buying recruits and openly promotes this belief on message boards and social media? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If so, it’s a pretty big proof point that aggy is cheating their ass off. There have been other strange things happening with their recruits, but this one really sticks out. I wonder if much of the aggy fan base cares?

Pretty sure the Dylan Wright recruitment is the one that sticks out.  Even TFB made a comment about it without actually saying it.

• Like 2

Shortly after NSD in Feb Jimbo promised a top 3 class for 2019. aggy is going to do whatever is necessary to keep Jimbo’s promise. If that means getting in a bidding war for every 4/5 star in the south - then so be it.

My aggy friends that take this shit seriously fawn over the other SEC schools that are known to “play the game”. 

Ive met 2 of them that claim they themselves have contributed. One Uber rich, one normal rich.   Doesn’t seem to have helped much.  Dean would make a big ass difference with their ‘19 secondary class right behind him. 

42 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

My aggy friends that take this shit seriously fawn over the other SEC schools that are known to “play the game”. 

Ive met 2 of them that claim they themselves have contributed. One Uber rich, one normal rich.   Doesn’t seem to have helped much.  Dean would make a big ass difference with their ‘19 secondary class right behind him. 

Like Trans Am normal rich?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Like Camaro normal rich?

Fixed.

Don't know if they are paying or not.  I don't know if we are paying for that matter.  Just seems like every time it comes up, the aggy fans are fully on board with it.  They've convinced themselves that they are literally the only ones who aren't currently paying players.  They are the only ones with pristine virtues.  Why be a martyr?  If you can't beat them, join them I guess.  Doesn't seem to fit with their honor code, especially given that evidence that TU and "everyone else" is doing it is pretty scant, to nonexistant.  

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Pretty sure the Dylan Wright recruitment is the one that sticks out.  Even TFB made a comment about it without actually saying it.

This is the huge one for UT fans. That kid really liked UT from the jump, his family were Texas fans, and this has been the year of CJ and LJH. We're not circling back for a clear and obvious reason.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is the huge one for UT fans. That kid really liked UT from the jump, his family were Texas fans, and this has been the year of CJ and LJH. We're not circling back for a clear and obvious reason.

What stops them from taking whatever was offered and signing elsewhere after all? It's not like anyone is going to repo a Trans Am after-the-fact or anything.

Edited by BoomMF

26 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

What stops them from taking whatever was offered and signing elsewhere after all? It's not like anyone is going to repo a Trans Am after-the-fact or anything.

Because they will continue to get paid. Don’t want to cut off the gravy train.

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Fixed.

Don't know if they are paying or not.  I don't know if we are paying for that matter.  Just seems like every time it comes up, the aggy fans are fully on board with it.  They've convinced themselves that they are literally the only ones who aren't currently paying players.  They are the only ones with pristine virtues.  Why be a martyr?  If you can't beat them, join them I guess.  Doesn't seem to fit with their honor code, especially given that evidence that TU and "everyone else" is doing it is pretty scant, to nonexistant.  

No Aggy is saying this. They say things like "well we didn't pay enough, it's time to join the big boys" when they lose a recruit to ANY other school. 

10 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Dameyune Craig is Jenny Craig's younger brother, and he's been trying to get out of her shadow his whole life. He linked up with Jimbo a while back, after hearing Jimbo say he was going to start a muskrat jerky company. Dameyune believed this was his he opportunity to ingratiate himself with Jimbo, so that Dameyune (like his older sister Jenny) would have an opportunity to be a food mogul someday. 

Now that Jimbo has a $75mm guaranteed deal, they finally have the seed money needed to open their first shop. They buy 200 USDA prime muskrats and quit coaching football to focus on the jerky industry. 

2n3q1u.jpg

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Best case scenario. They hold on to Helton while rumors circulate that Jeff “that’s 7-9 bullshit” Fisher will be the next coach. 

How to we keep this rumor going?

The Pardon My Take guys satirically LOVE Jeff Fisher.  Tweet them and try to get them on the Fisher to USC bandwagon.

• Like 2