Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

From Oregon 247

Oregon hosted three prospects on the defensive side of the football on Sunday, and one of those was one of the best linebackers at the junior college level.

Three-star linebacker and the third-best junior college outside linebacker Caleb Johnson went to Oregon for his fourth total official visit this weekend. He recapped the visit with the Ducks with DuckTerritory.com.

"It was really smooth, real smooth," said Johnson. "The way they scheduled everything and talked business while showing us around was real good. The coaches all seemed like real good people and wasn't trying to put on a show or anything."

Johnson highlighted his time with Oregon's coaches and players as a big factor in the visit going so well.

"And then the facilities of course," Johnson said of what also stood out.

Johnson was hosted by sophomore cornerback Thomas Graham on the visit. The Ducks have a large number of California-born players on the roster, which was an added bonus to Johnson.

"It's not a huge deal, but yeah, it's really cool considering I played with and against a lot of them and it wouldn't be no type of culture shock or nothing [if I played there]," said Johnson.

The Ducks will have an inside linebacker position open up for competition with the graduation of Kaulana Apelu. The Ducks like Johnson as an inside linebacker and talked about how he could make an impact at Oregon next season right away.

"I'm coming out of junior college and we just talked about how I'm not coming in as a regular recruit," Johnson said. "Not being recruited to develop, I'm being recruited to come in and provide an immediate impact."

Johnson made official visits during the football season to Texas and Arkansas for games at each school. The Ducks obviously didn't have a game-day atmosphere to highlight, but it still made a big impression.

"It was a little different because they had games, but this definitely was one of the better visits I had," said Johnson.

That doesn't sound glowing. Of course, most of these post-OV interviews sound like this, so we'll see.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

That doesn't sound glowing. Of course, most of these post-OV interviews sound like this, so we'll see.

Yeah, he said one of the best visits he has been on. Probably meaning it was on par with Texas, but not better. Or Texas was flat out better. Has Oregon offered, yet?

That wasn’t a glowing post from the Oregon site on Caleb Johnson. That’s great .

To the numbers discussion on a recent page, I still believe they’d like to sign 27 guys and I don’t think they’ll stop recruiting until the ink is dry on the second signing day. Specifically, there was chaos last year after the first SD for everyone, so if there’s some this year, those who are prepared could benefit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

If USC misses on KK, the tire fire narrative will be insurmountable by NSD1. Plan B is going to look like such a step down. I expect us to land Bru if KK goes.

If Kliffy rejects Helton's offer..... Here's USC's 2019 Recruiting Class

giphy.gif