Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is not correct. The school the player is currently signed with is the one who puts their name in the portal, not the player. It is the schools compliance officer or "other authorized athletics administrator". They can no longer block his request, but they have to know and are the ones who actual put him in the portal.

They must put your name in the portal within 2 business days of the request.

My guess is he has requested to be added... USC is using the full 2 days to discuss

Maybe I wasn’t clear, but I know the school can talk to him, but he doesn’t have to respond or react and they can’t stop him from submitting. I didn’t go into the details you did, but I my response to the guy was that he should educate himself, not that it was my obligation to do so. 

12 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

The 9.95ers learned of the emergency BOD meeting and assumed it was about the AD and HC. That is the only scenario that could affect Bru.  The LA Times article on meeting seemed to say it had everything to do with the Chairman and nothing to do with Swann. 

If that's what happened then holy shit. Anyone paying any attention at all to USC knows the entire University is in crisis mode over a number of scandals. Even the top 9.95 minds aren't that stupid, right? Right?

24 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

If we get Bru and aggy flips Shepard we would pass them up for the number 3 class and have the same number of 5 stars and a higher class average, their boards would go nuclear. Not that any of this will happen though.

Well, Lakia Henry should ensure we keep that lead.

19 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

USC mod7a715f20195f6a7de078720de35e2a99.jpg

So that source close to Bru was probably the one who first gave the info re: Bru thinking of enrolling and/or transferring to UT to a Texas $9.95-er. And the Texas $9.95-er, unable to sit on the info, then contacted the USC $9.95-er to verify who then in turn told the USC administration. And the USC coaches in response did damage control and have now probably talked Bru out of it.

Great.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

Just now, satyanash said:

So that source close to Bru was probably the one who first gave the info re: Bru thinking of enrolling and/or transferring to UT to a Texas $9.95-er. And the Texas $9.95-er, unable to sit in the info, then contacted the USC $9.95-er to verify who then in turn told the USC administration. And the USC coaches in response did damage control and have now probably talked Bru out of it.

Great.

Haha. As long as we’re inside the bubble, yeah I’m sure that happened. 

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So that source close to Bru was probably the one who first gave the info re: Bru thinking of enrolling and/or transferring to UT to a Texas $9.95-er. And the Texas $9.95-er, unable to sit in the info, then contacted the USC $9.95-er to verify who then in turn told the USC administration. And the USC coaches in response did damage control and have now probably talked Bru out of it.

Great.

Satyanash=CTJ

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear, but I know the school can talk to him, but he doesn’t have to respond or react and they can’t stop him from submitting. I didn’t go into the details you did, but I my response to the guy was that he should educate himself, not that it was my obligation to do so. 

I hope Ctj has these idiotic posts typed up somewhere so that he can copy and paste them. Otherwise why would he type out 11 scenarios where the 995er can screw things up when not a single one applies to these facts. If Bru leaves it will be with Helton’s blessing. This isn’t news to him. He has had plenty of warning signs.  

I hope Ctj has these idiotic posts typed up somewhere so that he can copy and paste them. Otherwise why would he type out 11 scenarios where the 995er can screw things up when not a single one applies to these facts. If Bru leaves it will be with Helton’s blessing. This isn’t news to him. He has had plenty of warning signs.  

Go back to 247
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Great.

95% of this probably right.  If he’s transferring it’s probably already a done deal.  If he feels lied to, has opened his eyes to the dumpster fire surrounding Helton, and is genuinely pissed.. he gone.  A phone call and assurances from Helton won’t change the shit show that is the USC program overnight.  

He may have been sold on everything the Trojan program could offer after school, but if that was solely the case he should go play for one of the Ivy’s.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

I heard football players don’t have to pay federal income tax if they declare themselves sovereign citizens. Texas has no state income tax, relying more on the franchise and property taxes, neither of which apply to scholarship athletes living in dorms. It’s happening!

note to federal authorities: this is a joke. Don’t tase me, bro

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Haha. As long as we’re inside the bubble, yeah I’m sure that happened. 

Why do you think the initial news alert from TFB went from "Big news is happening today" to "big news is likely to happen today" to "Possible big news has been postponed to tomorrow"?

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

USC losing their strength and conditioning coach in next couple days combined with no real plan on hiring an offensive coordinator two weeks after Kliff bailed... Pretty much everything about the USC dumpster fire situation coming true....

I'd get out while I could too.

Said Coach is my neighbor. Our kids are outside playing right now in the driveway 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So let me guess if Bru does change to Texas, aggy will argue up and down that since he’s a transfer he doesn’t count in the recruiting rankings...

I mean who the fuck cares if a player counts in the rankings so long as they are on campus playing football?

• Like 1