Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Good Lord. They will restock the place you idiots.

When we made fun of the British for queuing up for hours to see the Queen's coffin, I immediately though of this or when people were lined up in their cars for 10-12 hours for In and Out in Colorado when it first opened.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't read through the entire thread, but several of HEB's jarred pasta sauces are pretty darned good. I typically make my sauce from scratch but for convenience sake, I give them a thumbs up. They are nothing like Ragu's garbage. They have several flavors, but some I'd recommend are:

HEB Marinara Pasta Sauce

HEB Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce

HEB Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce

Edited by sith_horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Haven't read through the entire thread, but several of HEB's jarred pasta sauces are pretty darned good. I typically make my sauce from scratch but for convenience sake, I give them a thumbs up. They are nothing like Ragu's garbage. They have several flavors, but some I'd recommend are:

HEB Marinara Pasta Sauce

HEB Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce

HEB Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce

jim henson chef GIF

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 3

If anyone here has some HEB Cookies & Cream ice cream in their freezer, might want to go check it.  Apparently it's making a lot of people sick who have purchased it from Houston HEB locations.  Managers are pulling it off the shelves.  Some folks complaining about it not actually freezing properly in their freezer, very liquidy/runny.  I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something from HEB soon regarding the cookies & cream creamy creations ice cream.

7 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

If anyone here has some HEB Cookies & Cream ice cream in their freezer, might want to go check it.  Apparently it's making a lot of people sick who have purchased it from Houston HEB locations.  Managers are pulling it off the shelves.  Some folks complaining about it not actually freezing properly in their freezer, very liquidy/runny.  I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something from HEB soon regarding the cookies & cream creamy creations ice cream.

Thanks for passing along.  That's my son's favorite, and we usually have a half gallon in our freezer at all times.  Haven't noticed any problem with the current batch.  But I'm also in Austin so maybe this is limited to the Houston area.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

It'd be hilarious if the stock for Houston is private label produced by Blue Bell. They have a track history of killing people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure they used whatever they used to fuse the space shuttle together to seal the lid on these things. 

20221104_123415.thumb.jpg.cf65714b72bad3a43733bc0664fa06f5.jpg

I had to cut it open with a knife. 

Maybe it was just a weird batch but I'm thinking about sending them a note so some poor woman on her lunch break doesn't have a meltdown. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm pretty sure they used whatever they used to fuse the space shuttle together to seal the lid on these things. 

Maybe it was just a weird batch but I'm thinking about sending them a note so some poor woman on her lunch break doesn't have a meltdown. 

I sometimes buy the microwavable Simple Meals, and the plastic wrapping on that will shred apart in pieces and cause me to flip out. It's great that the packaging won't leak, but shouldn't need a hydrogen bomb to open them.

Good to know it’s not just me. I also have to use pocket knife to get these open.

On 11/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, ztejas said:

Probably the same kind of Gorilla glue or whatever they use to put stickers on fruit. I fn' hate that.

I got some of those HEB potato chips in barbecue flavor a couple of weeks ago. 

I was disappoint.

Even worse, I got them because they were supposed to be free with a "buy thing, get other thing free" yellow coupon. But the bbq did not apply, so I had to pay full price for chips with not real good flavor. A rare fail for shit HEB makes.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

This stuff is pretty good.  No need to get Rotel.  We jazzed it up with some chopped Japs (no racist), chopped onion, and a bit of salsa.

image.jpeg.a093954cb8205716a9b5bf3df54ad511.jpeg

It's more expensive than Velveeta by a few cents at my HEB. First time that's happened I can recall. 

On 11/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Wally Pryor said:

We go through a shit ton of sparkling water around our house and everyone has their favorite, whether it be Waterloo, La Croix, whatever. 

This is the best to me. 

image.thumb.png.293bc7908904fc18c86334494ecdfba7.png

Buy a sodastream, tank adapter and co2 tank. Squeeze a little fresh juice or drink mixes into the bottles. Save a ton of money.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, ztejas said:

Will Forte GIF by MacGruber

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

These were pretty meh when first introduced but the HEB has done something with them in the last several months - lighter, tastier, just damn good.

Rivaling, not quite succeeding, El Milagro chips as the best on the rack at the store. But damn good now. 

image.png.c093da72e25ab370466c976f734c137d.png

Yep. I brought some back to Puebla with me. Teaching my girlfriend that totopos don't have to weight 3 oz. each and taste like old corn tortillas soaked in rancid oil.

I found myself in north DFW today and hit up one of the new HEBs.  Didn’t buy much, but I had yet to sample the frozen Luby’s mac and cheese.  Slammed and went hard.  Not quite the perfection that you get from an old lady serving it to you fresh in between smoke breaks, but pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 2