What was his problem?

TXs

5 minutes ago, JMFP said:
1 hour ago, TXs said:

Goodwin ran up to him with his finger up to his facemask making the shush gesture. USMC did not like being told to shush so he started yelling at Goodwin.

thought he saluted him or the crowd?   I heard what Texifornia stated, dude was in the moment and it was a "fun" response vs real anger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

thought he saluted him or the crowd?   I heard what Texifornia stated, dude was in the moment and it was a "fun" response vs real anger.

Maybe... I remember reading about it just after it happened and I seem to remember they interviewed the Marine and he wasn't angry, just messing with Goodwin. Pretty sure it was covered in depth at the old place but I'm at work now so I'm scared to look.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2012/9/21/3369608/sbn-exclusive-ole-miss-marine-explains-outburst-at-marquise-goodwin

As he ran toward me, I could see him start to make the 'shhhhh' motion holding his hand up. I knew behind me was the Texas fan section, and he was staring straight ahead. So I'm thinking, well, I know he’s not 'shhhh-ing' his own people.

It was hey, don’t hush me, because Marines, well ... we don’t like to be hushed.

• Like 1

I actually ran into this guy at a bar in Oxford a few months after the game.  He saw my UT hat and started chatting me up.  I didn't even realize who he was until he started talking about it.   He said he thought MG was going to do a "shhhh" to the crowd (as noted above), and he was going to have none of that.  It was graduation weekend and a bunch of ROTC Marines had just graduated, so that dude actually invited me to their after party.  I won a beer pong tournament that night with a 19 yr old brunette, stopped drinking well after the sun came up, and went to Waffle House with a group from the party for breakfast.  When they dropped me off at my hotel room, I went straight to my truck and drove to Little Rock without sleeping.  /csb

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Assman said:

I actually ran into this guy at a bar in Oxford a few months after the game.  He saw my UT hat and started chatting me up.  I didn't even realize who he was until he started talking about it.   He said he thought MG was going to do a "shhhh" to the crowd (as noted above), and he was going to have none of that.  It was graduation weekend and a bunch of ROTC Marines had just graduated, so that dude actually invited me to their after party.  I won a beer pong tournament that night with a 19 yr old brunette, stopped drinking well after the sun came up, and went to Waffle House with a group from the party for breakfast.  When they dropped me off at my hotel room, I went straight to my truck and drove to Little Rock without sleeping.  /csb

Pics?

66-31 was his problem.

44-23 was the problem the next year. What a weird game for me, sitting with my dad, and three buddies I graduated Ole Miss with (2 being ex-football players). Hopefully that home and home will mark the end of me ever having to cheer against Texas.
Austin game is vacated anyway. Yippee.

So, if the guy is ROTC, why is he still wearing GySgt stripes?  I remember lots of formerly enlisted NROTC in the Nuke program in ME and they wore nothing but cadet uniforms.  Maybe they were entitled to, but who would want to?

Also, from his service stripes, he would seem to have been 30-plus at the time of the pic?

Edited by TwiceHorn

51 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, if the guy is ROTC, why is he still wearing GySgt stripes?  I remember lots of formerly enlisted NROTC in the Nuke program in ME and they wore nothing but cadet uniforms.  Maybe they were entitled to, but who would want to?

Also, from his service stripes, he would seem to have been 30-plus at the time of the pic?

He wasn't ROTC.  He was attached to the ROTC unit as the Marine equivalent of an AF 1st Sergeant.  Probably dealt with PT and teaching some military customs courses or something.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

44-23 was the problem the next year. What a weird game for me, sitting with my dad, and three buddies I graduated Ole Miss with (2 being ex-football players). Hopefully that home and home will mark the end of me ever having to cheer against Texas.
Austin game is vacated anyway. Yippee.

Fuck you for your complete lack of judgement. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Each service stripe denotes 4 years of active service. There are 3, so somewhere between 12 and less than 16 years.

Assman already covered the other part. He isn’t “in” ROTC.

edited to add: Enlisted Marines in ROTC, probably would be part of the MECEP program, are all active duty Marines. When I was still in, and if I had been selected for MECEP, I would have definitely preferred to wear the uniform of an enlisted Marine rather than a cadet. To the best of my recollection, MECEP Marines do wear their enlisted uniforms one day per week. They earned it, so why not?

Edited by You don't know me
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

It's a fair question. If you're too pussy to eat it then so be it. I Curse both of you and may all the bad things in life happen to you two and only you two starting right now. 

We have a board for such discussions. This ain’t it fucktard. 

• Like 2