Dead humpback whale found in the Brazilian jungle

austingirl

Mystery surrounds humpback whale found dead in depths of Brazil’s Amazon jungle

Brazilian wildlife experts have been left baffled after discovering a dead humpback whale in the Amazon rainforest.

The 10-ton mammal was found in the jungle undergrowth on the island of Marajo, which sits at the mouth of the Amazon River.

Although scientists presume the enormous creature was hurled onshore during a storm, they do not understand how it came so far inland or why it was swimming off the coast in the first place.

Officials from Para state’s health, sanitation and environment department said they only found the 11m-long whale after following the birds of prey which were scavenging on its huge carcass.

The remains were deposited in such a remote part of the mangrove swamp in the Amazonian delta that it took two trips for the wildlife experts to reach the site.

4 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a humpback whale had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of the Amazon.

goddamn brilliant reference.

and the rest, after a sudden, wet thud, was silence. curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was oh no, not again.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

goddamn brilliant reference.

and the rest, after a sudden, wet thud, was silence. curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was oh no, not again.

Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.

That movie/book is a guilty pleasure of mine. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.

i love the book. i don't think the movie even approaches doing it justice, but it's also fun in its own way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Of course the movie isn't as good as the book but Sam Rockwell + Zooey Deschanel + Alan Rickman as Marvin = IN!

• Like 2