How Fox News works

retread

Look at this cunty bullshit.

Biden admin takes aim at hunters in latest regulation: 'Preventing Americans from hunting'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-takes-aim-hunters-latest-regulation-preventing-americans-from-hunting

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) released its 2023-2024 hunting and fishing rule — an annual plan laying out regulations for the upcoming hunting season — banning cost-effective lead ammunition and fishing tackle across eight national wildlife refuges by 2026. Such an action has been supported by eco groups, but opposed by hunters, who argue that it could serve as a backdoor attack on hunting broadly.

I fucking dare you to find a lying ass headline like that in "MSM."

ETA:  I realize this may not be the thread for firearm or hunting knowledge, but lead shot has been prohibited for decades when shooting around water.  This is nothing new and not a big deal.  Yeah, it's a little more expensive, and harder on shotgun barrels than lead shot, but isn't some backdoor attack on hunting.  Or if it is, it is one of the slowest ones in history.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

On 6/17/2023 at 12:57 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I really wonder what percentage of fox news viewers are true believers vs the percentage of people that just WANT to be angry and WANT something to hate.  I have to believe the percentage of the latter is greater.

The Venn Diagram of true believers and people who want to be angry is one circle.

Fox figured this out back in the late 90s and has been making gazillions off of it ever since.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

The Venn Diagram of true believers and people who want to be angry is one circle.

Fox figured this out back in the late 90s and has been making gazillions off of it ever since.

Disagree.  Yes, true believers are also people who want to be angry, but I think there are a good amount of people that know in their hearts that they are being lied to, but just don't care because it scratches that anger itch.

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

ETA:  I realize this may not be the thread for firearm or hunting knowledge, but lead shot has been prohibited for decades when shooting around water.  This is nothing new and not a big deal.  Yeah, it's a little more expensive, and harder on shotgun barrels than lead shot, but isn't some backdoor attack on hunting.  Or if it is, it is one of the slowest ones in history.

I know somebody who makes their own lead weights "because the government can't tell me what to do" and he also sells them privately. They are in New Hampshire and I think they have some serious laws about lead weights, but the guy....he's always been a little off, even when we were little kids, and I can just picture him handling a lot of lead.

Bismuth is a good replacement for lead as it deforms like lead upon impact.  Deformed shot and bullets are more effective in bring down game than non-deformed loads (steel).  Bismuth is non-toxic but is more expensive than lead, thus the uproar from the righties.

On 6/23/2023 at 7:53 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Look at this cunty bullshit.

Biden admin takes aim at hunters in latest regulation: 'Preventing Americans from hunting'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-takes-aim-hunters-latest-regulation-preventing-americans-from-hunting

I fucking dare you to find a lying ass headline like that in "MSM."

Yeah, the last time I bought lead shot for waterfowl, was at..... Oshman's in....Barton Creek Mall....in 1991.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I think that the moment that a big story breaks is the best time to flip on Fox News.  The contrast between real news and what they do becomes even more stark.  

I was at a friend's house and he had CNN on when the Access Hollywood tape dropped.  CNN aired it.  Repeatedly.  We flipped over to Fox, and there were talking heads saying, "Apparently the media is releasing a tape trying to embarrass Trump.  Do you think the left is going to politicize this tape to hurt Trump?"  And then all the talking heads talked about what liberals were doing to Trump... but THEY NEVER PLAYED THE TAPE.   Which is sort of the antithesis of "We report.  You decide."  Not only did they decide, they didn't even report.  

Anyway, last night I was scrolling through BBC, MSNBC, CNN.  Each one:  "IS RUSSIA BREAKING INTO CIVIL WAR?"

I flip over to Fox:  "Experts think Biden is too old to lead," and there was a whole panel discussing his age.  Back to the other stations:  "RUSSIAN MERCENARIES MARCHING ON MOSCOW!"  An hour or so later on Fox:  "Lawmakers demand answers for Hunter Biden's favorable treatment" (or something along those lines).  Then a panel talking about how the DOJ needs to be investigated because Trump got indicted but Hunter got a plea deal.  Because, you know.  "DEEP STATE UNFAIR TO TRUMP!"  This was over a period of hours.  I finally went to bed a little after 2 am.

People who watch this shit literally are missing the biggest news stories of the year.  

Today's Fox News isn't even a propagandized version of the news.  It's not even news.  It's just an endless loop of conspiracy theories and manufactured grievances. 

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

People who watch this shit literally are missing the biggest news stories of the year.  

Today's Fox News isn't even a propagandized version of the news.  It's not even news.  It's just an endless loop of conspiracy theories and manufactured grievances. 

Ask Fox News viewers why they refuse to show Hunter Biden's nude pics, and why they are covering up his dong.  Ask them if it's because Hunter's dong is kind of small/average in size, and if Fox News is trying to cover that up so that he's  not embarrassed.

Fox brass: "Now Jesse. We know you're terrible. Truly we do. But, this is the prime time slot. You are going to have to be extra awful to live up to Tucker's legacy. Can you reach within yourself and let out the worst possible version of yourself?"

So Jesse, being born in the last US State doesn’t help his America view of issues?

“that’s fair, yeah I don’t think it helps.”

what about being from the very first state?  Would that help a president more with being rooted in American values and proud history? 

“darn right it would.” 

hey Jesse, google first U.S. State 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Here's one of the four or five most well-known Fox anchors telling viewers not to be distracted by Russian mercenaries pointing their missiles at the Kremlin, and reminding viewers to keep in mind what really matters in the world:  Hunter Biden.

Her last sentence:  "They (the media) are covering everything about Russia and the Wagner Group as if it really matters to the US right now!"

Sorry I couldn't find a shorter clip... and obviously, the chyrons were added by this YouTuber doing commentary and they're not the Fox chyrons.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So why would hannity think it’s helpful to point out that a top secret document that is confirmed missing from the government, that trump claimed on recorded audio that he had in his hand, was not recovered and is now just missing?

Because his audience is the common clay of the new west.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Here's one of the four or five most well-known Fox anchors telling viewers not to be distracted by Russian mercenaries pointing their missiles at the Kremlin, and reminding viewers to keep in mind what really matters in the world:  Hunter Biden.

Her last sentence:  "They (the media) are covering everything about Russia and the Wagner Group as if it really matters to the US right now!"

Sorry I couldn't find a shorter clip... and obviously, the chyrons were added by this YouTuber doing commentary and they're not the Fox chyrons.

The woman he brings on has the female speaking cadence of Dotard Jr -- it's uncanny.

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So why would hannity think it’s helpful to point out that a top secret document that is confirmed missing from the government, that trump claimed on recorded audio that he had in his hand, was not recovered and is now just missing?

It's a smokescreen.  A double-bluff.  A red XK27 technique.

Screenshot-2023-06-27-at-12-10-45-PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was my immediate reaction as well. "So, uh, the guy claiming he has a document in his hand, while simultaneously having his attorneys sign off that he DOESN'T have, sort of indicates intent. Oh, and best case the defendant is a fucking liar."

44 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

image.png.54d7ee7efcd83ac96f1e46022a9306c6.png

wow, they're just daring their audience to pay an even modicum of attention, but nah, read the chyron and stop listening or even dissect the photo they are using to convey their point. they can literally get away with anything. wow. I guess I choose to laugh because the alternative is madness

From what I can tell cattle prices were down and pork/chicken were up. The market is normalizing. Faux news "the sky is falling!11!!"

I know a guy that has cattle and he has been frustrated lately about prices. Seems it will help him some. Maybe not with the drought though.