Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Geez, Brisket, you are so melodramatic. You act like you have some great cause.  You don't have shit for a cause. You are aligning with the same old corruptocrats who have been enriching themselves on the government dole for decades.  This election shouldn't be close. I have many conservative friends. Many if not most of them are tired of Trump's act. He's the most narcissistic guy I've ever seen.  Almost all of them will stick with him because he's better than the alternative, and they feel like he's a least on their side. All you had to do was nominate somebody who could plausible pretend to be a moderate left of center guy. And you would have won easily. Instead you nominate somebody who is corrupt even by Washington standards of corruption. Somebody who picks as his running mate a politician who is  somehow left of Bernie Sanders.  This is going to be a close election because you guys have picked a guy who spent his vice presidency vacuuming up millions of dollars from Russia, China, and the Ukraine and using his drug addicted son as the bagman.  And selling out America in the process.  If you guys lose, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Your candidate stinks and your platform has been hijacked by the far left,  and has zero appeal to the middle class. And if you win, you haven't won a great victory, you have just elected a guy who will continue Washington corruption as usual.  

Holy fucking shit.

This has got to be a bit, right?

22 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

Geez, Brisket, you are so melodramatic. You act like you have some great cause.  You don't have shit for a cause. You are aligning with the same old corruptocrats who have been enriching themselves on the government dole for decades.  This election shouldn't be close. I have many conservative friends. Many if not most of them are tired of Trump's act. He's the most narcissistic guy I've ever seen.  Almost all of them will stick with him because he's better than the alternative, and they feel like he's a least on their side. All you had to do was nominate somebody who could plausible pretend to be a moderate left of center guy. And you would have won easily. Instead you nominate somebody who is corrupt even by Washington standards of corruption. Somebody who picks as his running mate a politician who is  somehow left of Bernie Sanders.  This is going to be a close election because you guys have picked a guy who spent his vice presidency vacuuming up millions of dollars from Russia, China, and the Ukraine and using his drug addicted son as the bagman.  And selling out America in the process.  If you guys lose, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Your candidate stinks and your platform has been hijacked by the far left,  and has zero appeal to the middle class. And if you win, you haven't won a great victory, you have just elected a guy who will continue Washington corruption as usual.  

Enjoy the tears Wednesday morning you bitch made cuntflap. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

#Golfgate2020. Start the impeachment hearings back up. 

If Trump was not involved in real estate, luxury resorts and hotels prior to taking office, but instead had a substantial investment in McDonalds, would you require him to eat at Burger King during his term? 

I would require the motherfucker to divest his interest in Mickey Ds.  Or at the very least place management and ownership in a blind trust and eat at Burger King.

You really don't seem to get how this is supposed to work.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

You are aligning with the same old corruptocrats who have been enriching themselves on the government dole for decades. 

Against the most corrupt shitheel that ever held the office, by several orders of magnitude.

He makes "corruptocrats" look like kindergarten pikers.  And the corruptopublicans have not said shit.  Not one tiny word.

Edited by TwiceHorn

29 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

You must be a cunt that resides in a right-wing echo chamber and only slithers out of his hole when the unsubstantiated and fictitious pabulum is memorized. You know, the other bagman.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Against the most corrupt shitheel that ever held the office, by several orders of magnitude.

He makes "corruptocrats" look like kindergarten pikers.

Yeah but these people's lives went absolutely nowhere during those decades of "corruptocrats" ruling things. Now, with Trump, they might be part of something that, I dunno, makes something happen for them. Or at least for Trump, and that means they can at least bask in his reflected glory. I guess that beats decades of futility.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

All you had to do was nominate somebody who could plausible pretend to be a moderate left of center guy. And you would have won easily. Instead you nominate somebody who is corrupt even by Washington standards of corruption.

We nominated the moderate guy who has been working with Republicans to pass legislation for decades. The bipartisan guy. Everybody's friend dude.

Who exactly is this magical unicorn guy who can plausibly pretend to be a moderate left of center guy?

And everybody we nominate gets called massively corrupt. All kinds of unsubstantiated and unproved claims get whispered about, but that is just campaigning. Not substance. You can say whatever you want about anybody. We can't nominate around that.

• Hook 'Em 2

For morons like John here, their acceptable “moderate left of center guy” (and please note, it’s gotta be a guy) is someone like Mitt Romney or John Kasich.

There is literally no one more milquetoast and moderate in the Democratic Party than Joe Biden.

No one the Democratic Party could have nominated - short of a Republican Never Trumper - would have satisfied them.

The right wing hackosphere would have manufactured some kind of Hunter’s Laptop nonsense bullshittery about anyone the Democrats nominated.

If Bernie had won, we’d be getting some garbage about Jane. If Pete had won, it’d be something about Chasten. If Elizabeth Warren had won......oh, wait. Not a guy.

There’s no use engaging with these people. They aren’t operating from a position of good faith.

We need [mention]bad_teammate [/mention] to come set this place on fire and respond to the ridiculousness of a Biden/Harris ticket being further left than Bernie and not being moderate.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

yikes. 

811981ee58e47894678b17be83209412.gif

You and your supposed Republican friends are idiots. What’s more corrupt than stealing from your own charity? That’s just one of dozens of examples of Trump’s corruption.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.amp.html%3f0p19G=2103
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

the problem with media silos. no common frame of reference anymore. 

You are such a well read bunch around here, I know you all are familiar with George Lakoff, right? I enjoy his work  from a linguistics standpoint (it's not quite my field, but it's a part of it) and he's been talking about 'framing' for decades. I can't remember for sure but I think someone posted one of his recent interviews (speak up whomever you are!) just after the town hall debates. It's a 20 minute listen. He talks a little about Biden and Trump.

The GOP and Trump specifically are masters at 'framing', spend a lot more money and time on it and it has paid off in spades (witness the alternative reality crowd here). If Trump wins four more years and the new 'education' starts, we are in big trouble. Trump is not the idiot people make him out to be. He does not have the specific intelligence to grasp intel briefs and details of most mundane topics, but he knows how to frame, he knows how to dictator, he knows what issues drive populations. And he has help. We are in big trouble. (Lakoff's video doesn't go into that, but his work on politics is enjoyable to read, IMO).

I'll repost it here:

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

I actually agree with this. The 1st and 2nd amendment mean nothing if they are regulated and excepted out of existence. The problem with your view is that you want the Supreme Court to act as a super legislature and interpret laws as they wish they were written rather than how they actually are written. If Joe Biden wins, and the democrats take the Senate, they will appoint 4 left wing Justices who will do exactly that.  And that is a recipe for revolution.

User name fits.

10 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

See the source image

• Hook 'Em 1

I can't believe there is all this damning evidence that shows Biden is unfit for the presidency, and they're just gonna hold on to all of it until sometime after election day. Seems like that is something they would have wanted to get out much earlier.

It's almost like it doesn't exist at all, and it's all a fabrication. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

43% of registered voters have already voted. US hasn’t hit above 63% turnout in over 100 years. So Republicans are waiting to drop the bombshell Hunter Biden news so they really affect that remaining 20%, their supposed red wave of voters. 

smart. 4D chess

18 hours ago, Underdog said:

Throwing this in here for the hell of it...

We lefties can stroke it like that. 

You lefties, care if someone can hit a 3 pointer, or act.  I feel sorry for your worship of non policy things.

• Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

43% of registered voters have already voted. US hasn’t hit above 63% turnout in over 100 years. So Republicans are waiting to drop the bombshell Hunter Biden news so they really affect that remaining 20%, their supposed red wave of voters. 

smart. 4D chess

I don't get why dems think an early voting turnout is a good sign.  I have never voted early, but I didn't want to stand in a line for an hour with a mask, so I voted early.

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, BNB said:

I don't get why dems think an early voting turnout is a good sign.  I have never voted early, but I didn't want to stand in a line for an hour with a mask, so I voted early.

You don’t get why Democrats think more people voting is a good sign?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BNB said:

I don't understand why seatbelts are necessary. I mean, I wear mine and in fact got into an accident today. The EMT told me had I not been wearing it I would have probably died.

4 hours ago, BNB said:

You lefties, care if someone can hit a 3 pointer, or act.  I feel sorry for your worship of non policy things.

I’m not a lefty and don’t care much about acting and b-ball but I do like a president that can walk down a ramp and hold a glass of water with one hand. Not killing hundreds of thousands of Americans and not losing the parents of 500+ kids in our custody would be nice as well

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden