Israel

SmokeyBear1861

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Your religion telling you, additionally, that it's all wrong because dirty Jews did it and, many countries and political extensions of those countries manipulating you to dig in and say “my land, not fair, father’s heritage, never say die," again because dirty Jews.

I guess that sorta conquers all.  You were raised, and now you've raised your children, to believe that your eternal destiny is to endure struggle and, if you do it well, there will be some reward.  Joe Palestinian can't really go home after work and tell his family "let's scrap all our beliefs, move to Greece, and see what these Orthodox Christians have in store..." can he?

How do you ever get a religious ideologue (I don't mean that as an insult) to compromise on a matter of religion? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I got banned for 3 days on the day of for telling him to go play in traffic. I regret nothing. He's a piece of shit pickme degenerate waste of oxygen.

I think my only warning on this site was for telling him to drink bleach before going to vote. 
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

43 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have been guilty of fearing Muslim immigration because of many of the toxic traits of fundamentalist Islam.

I still think there is a tiny kernel of truth there, but not so much in the US.  Events subsequent to 9/11 have shown that Muslim immigrants here do not pose much of an existential threat.  And, also that Christian fundamentalism is damn near as dangerous, if not moreso.

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Christian fundamentalism is by any measure substantially more dangerous to Americans than Islamist fundamentalism. There's many millions more of them, they have the sympathies of law enforcement all around the country, and they hold serious political power. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We are hell of a lot closer to Handmaid’s Tale than Sharia Law. But one political party is gaslighting people into thinking we are one election cycle away from praying to Allah and outlawing pork 

My friend, the two answers below your post answer it quite well. Regarding Islam fundamentalism and Christian fundimentalism, the former has resulted in occasional stochastic terrorist acts while the latter poses an existential threat to the republic as we know it.

The Jews are off the hook on this one unless we subject them to the tyranny of lies that has provoked their persecution over the centuries.

Travel into the countryside and listen to small town radio which is usually preachers. In store windows, see the flyers announcing a visit by a Spiritual Warrior leader. The movement is huge.

New Republic

You might also have noticed the many warnings about demons and spiritual battle on the campaign trail. In the runoff for the Georgia Senate, which he lost by a narrow margin, Herschel Walker—he of the vampires and werewolves—alerted us that the nation is entangled in “spiritual battle” and offered himself as a “warrior for God.” On Eric Metaxas’s radio show, where he interviews conservative politicians and cultural figures, repeat guest Roger Stone told Metaxas that a “demonic portal” had opened above the White House. At an Idaho stop on Mike Flynn’s ReAwaken America tour in September—a traveling road show of conspiracists, candidates for political office, and religious zealots—the Pentecostal pastor Mark Burns called out to the cheering crowd, “I’ve come here to declare war on every demonic, demon-possessed Democrat that comes from the gates of hell.” Sean Feucht, a preacherknown for hosting large-scale public evangelism events and a repeat guest on the ReAwaken America tour circuit, cast Democratic initiatives as “schemes of the devil in the political realm.”

By way of slapping a hopelessly simplistic phrase on a complicated reality, I will call it “Spirit Warrior Christianity.” Ron DeSantis knows what I am talking about. In a speech at Hillsdale College, the nondenominational Christian institution that is a major player in the religious right’s war on public education, the Florida GOP governor paraphrased a passage from Ephesians that serves as a guidepost and virtue signal for this new style of religion: “Put on the full armor of God. Stand firm against the left’s schemes,” he said, substituting “the left” for the biblical phrasing “the devil.” 

From the "intellectual godfather" of spiritual warfare:

Wagner is frequently characterized as the NAR’s “intellectual godfather” and played a pivotal role in popularizing its vision of modern-day apostles and prophets, “spiritual warfare” with demons and “territorial spirits,” and the ideology of Seven Mountains Dominionism, which says conservative Christians are to take control of the seven key features, often referred to as “mountains” or “molders,” of culture, including government, business, media, education, entertainment, family, and religion. 

These dangerous idiots, as has been pointed out before, love Israel because they, the idiots, are convinced we are in end days. They have been so convinced for a couple of centuries. That said, would it surprise anyone if these movements turned on American Jews to fire the hate and mistrust such organizations need to generate funds and support?

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

These dangerous idiots, as has been pointed out before, love Israel because they, the idiots, are convinced we are in end days. They have been so convinced for a couple of centuries. That said, would it surprise anyone if these movements turned on American Jews to fire the hate and mistrust such organizations need to generate funds and support?

The same idiots support Israel while spreading antisemitic conspiracies using code words like “globalists,” “bankers,” and “Soros.” 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

A United Nations spokesperson says Israel has imposed an "impossible" demand for more than 1 million people to get out of northern Gaza in the span of 24 hours.

https://www.businessinsider.com/israel-demand-million-people-leave-northern-gaza-impossible-un-2023-10

Gaza: Do you expect me to evacuate?

Israel: No Gaza, I expect you to die.

Spoiler

spacer.png

People saying, "Why didn't the Palestinians just save up some money and leave?" are missing the fact that half the people in Gaza live below the poverty line, and Israel has the entire place blockaded, including the ports.  Egypt is the only other border Gaza has, and Egypt won't take them because they can't deal with 2 million refugees and they don't want to strain their relatively peaceful relations with Israel.  So, how exactly were these people in Gaza supposed to leave?  Swim to Greece?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

People saying, "Why didn't the Palestinians just save up some money and leave?" are missing the fact that half the people in Gaza live below the poverty line, and Israel has the entire place blockaded, including the ports.  Egypt is the only other border Gaza has, and Egypt won't take them because they can't deal with 2 million refugees and they don't want to strain their relatively peaceful relations with Israel.  So, how exactly were these people in Gaza supposed to leave?  Swim to Greece?

These same people are the ones that have stockpiles of weapons at home as part of the well-regulated militia, have a Come and Take It flag flying at home and a Don't Tread On Me bumper sticker on their dually truck.

They're fucking morons.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Egypt is effectively "partnering" with Israel on the blockade.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I guess put this here but can go in any number of threads:

Israel might not do as much if Congress can't elect a fucking speaker and his party can't decide they actually want to govern. 

20 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

As JimmyJazz said, it's not just that Egypt can't take them, they've also actively blockaded Gaza because they know Hamas is a fucking group of lunatics and they don't want them in their borders. 

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They might not be entirely wrong

Yeah, but it isn't going to end with them in fucking heaven, like they think. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

bafkreihvmgofnkttd62wlxawnqfxvlbn4kgmertqjncvhkji4insdqmx5ejpeg.png

I thought Hamas was democratically elected and the people just love Hamas which is why it's ok to slaughter them?

Which is it?

I'm sorry, I read that quote and to me that's exactly what he's implying: They like Hamas or they would have risen up and fought as opposed to electing them, and not deposing them when they suspeneded all elections.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Just like we can rise up and stop our corrupt Supreme Court.  Rising up is so easy.  And surely the entire group of people must be on the same page.  Sure, Jan.

You’re right. Americans have it easy and we can’t even be bothered to seek out reliable data information sources, show up at the voting booth, or even recognize fascism and hate at home. Palestinians have zero shot of reform or rising up in their situation. Let’s call a spade a spade. 

therefore Israel should sit back and let their citizens, children, elderly, get kidnapped, raped, and murdered. They shouldn’t defend themselves, and they should never retaliate. Repeatedly. Ever again. 

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

bafkreihvmgofnkttd62wlxawnqfxvlbn4kgmertqjncvhkji4insdqmx5ejpeg.png

I thought Hamas was democratically elected and the people just love Hamas which is why it's ok to slaughter them?

Which is it?

Well, if you can sell people on collective responsibility, it becomes easier to digest when you execute collective punishment.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The same idiots support Israel while spreading antisemitic conspiracies using code words like “globalists,” “bankers,” and “Soros.” 

This shit is why Netanyahu's abandonment of diaspora Jews and embrace of fascists makes me so goddamned furious.  He fucking encourages the conflation of Israel with the Jewish people, which is used by anti-Semites to pretend that they don't hate the "real" Jews but only the secular marxist Jews. You know, the exact same fucking shit the nazis said (before they got around to killing Orthodox Jews too).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Not really possible to evacuate 1.2 million people in 24 hours, especially considering they have nowhere to go, but I'm sure Netanyahu is counting on that.

Is that accurate? We're not talking about having them move 200 miles. If they're being told to move from north Gaza to south Gaza, the entire area is 25 miles and presumably many would have to travel less than that. 

Now is there somewhere for them to go? Probably not but at some point, a population has to be held responsible for the govt they chose. Maybe they chose poorly. Maybe they're unable to remove their govt. Regardless this is what they wanted.

I assume Israel wants to ultimately push the Gaza inhabitants into Egypt. Now when the Egyptian army/police/border agents are standing in the way, I don't know what will happen.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You’re right. Americans have it easy and we can’t even be bothered to seek out reliable data information sources, show up at the voting booth, or even recognize fascism and hate at home. Palestinians have zero shot of reform or rising up in their situation. Let’s call a spade a spade. 

therefore Israel should sit back and let their citizens, children, elderly, get kidnapped, raped, and murdered. They shouldn’t defend themselves, and they should never retaliate. Repeatedly. Ever again. 

No one is saying Israel should do any of those things, but hey, it's fun building strawmen, right?

This is the problem I have with people like you. You can recognize the horror in what Hamas did this past Saturday, you can recognize the righteous anger Israelis must feel and their need to retaliate, but when Israeli snipers film themselves executing children at the border during the March of Return and laugh about how their legs flop around, you don't give a shit and don't recognize that Palestinians might have the same kind of feelings. They're just animals that hate Jews, so it's fine.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t think anyone questions whether Israel should retaliate. The issue is what that retaliation should be, and at whom it should be targeted. Specifically, in response to a mass murder by the armed wing of a terrorist organization, should Israel carpet bomb a zone with 2.3 million inhabitants and force a million people out of their homes? 

I’m not arguing that any of us have an alternative proposal at hand. But it’s reasonable to pause and consider whether full-scale bombing and invasion is just or likely to result in a better future for anyone in the region. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Maybe?

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. 80% unemployment, lack of resources, and facing an invading army. The Palestinians have been failed by the leaders since the 40s. Any decent deal on the table, maybe even unfair ones, have been rejected because it wasn't enough. Then every subsequent offer has been worse and worse. 

And also on the evacuation orders. Someone may hate leaving especially thinking they have no where to go but are they going to stand in front of Israeli soldiers by asking for more time. You're told to move, you move.

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, for sure dude.  Insightful.

And sure, Israell isn't the oppressor in this situation.  And Israell hasn't been committing any atrocities at all and hasn't been killing kids for decades.  Hasn't been shooting Palestinians all the time.  Doesn't have IDF soldiers who back in 2018 bragged about how many Palestinians they crippled druing peaceful protests.  On and on.

And there's no way the Palestinian youths have felt trapped between Hamas and the State of Israel. 

https://www.972mag.com/gaza-hijacked-hamas-palestinian-youth/

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
typing

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

No one is saying Israel should do any of those things, but hey, it's fun building strawmen, right?

This is the problem I have with people like you. You can recognize the horror in what Hamas did this past Saturday, you can recognize the righteous anger Israelis must feel and their need to retaliate, but when Israeli snipers film themselves executing children at the border during the March of Return and laugh about how their legs flop around, you don't give a shit and don't recognize that Palestinians might have the same kind of feelings. They're just animals that hate Jews, so it's fine.

This is the exact same straw man you have repeatedly used in this thread, when you tell people “you don’t think you’re advocating for the genocide of Palestinians but that’s what you’re doing” to paraphrase your earlier posts/stances. 

and speaking of straw men and putting words in people’s mouths, you can take your second paragraph and fuck right the hell off. You legit think Israeli soldiers are going to giggle while sniping children? So you just assume they’re equally horrible folks at the start as Hamas. That’s telling. And That is bullshit. And also fuck you for what is essentially a personal attack on me. I like you as a poster generally, and I disagree with your takes here and you basically accuse me of reveling in child death and drinking baby blood. Get all the way fucked, you should fucking apologize. 

you keep saying no one is saying Israel can’t respond and defend themselves, but you shit all over them doing so, and you offer no suggestions for how they should accomplish a reprisal, because no one can. Maybe a strongly worded letter? Hamas uses their civilians as shields because they don’t give a fuck about them, only killing Jews, per their charter. Israel says “evacuate north Gaza” and critics say “that’s forced migration!” Everything they do by certain people is framed as an excuse for genocide. But they didn’t ask for a thousand of their children and spouses to get killed and abducted on Saturday. 

What a fucked up statement. "Overthrow you're terrorist leaders or we'll just slaughter everyone." Feels a lot like "just pay $5000 and leave Gaza." Yeah, so simple, right? I'm pretty sure the "democratically elected" part has been addressed already. 

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I don’t think anyone questions whether Israel should retaliate. The issue is what that retaliation should be, and at whom it should be targeted. Specifically, in response to a mass murder by the armed wing of a terrorist organization, should Israel carpet bomb a zone with 2.3 million inhabitants and force a million people out of their homes? 

I’m not arguing that any of us have an alternative proposal at hand. But it’s reasonable to pause and consider whether full-scale bombing and invasion is just or likely to result in a better future for anyone in the region. 

This has been mine, and most posters stance here all along. But there are a few posters who have taken it quite a step further to accuse anything they do as an excuse to murder and genocide. Sometimes a situation just fucking sucks. But Fontana accused me of getting my rocks off on dismemberment of Palestinians. Fuck that bullshit. 

My posting history on this thread speaks for itself. I’m not some blind pro Israel honk. But some posters have wildly unrealistic expectations of human behavior and a nation trying to survive surrounded on all sides by enemies, and they do not even remotely aim that lense towards the Palestinian side. 

They’re both fucking kiss dolls. 

5 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, for sure dude.  Insightful.

And sure, Isreal isn't the oppressor in this situation.  And Isreael hasn't been committing any atrocities at all and hasn't been killing kids for decades.  Hasn't been shooting Palestinians all the time.  Doesn't have IDF soldiers who back in 2018 bragged about how many Palestinians they crippled druing peaceful protests.  On and on.

And there's no way the Palestinian youths have felt trapped between Hamas and the State of Israel. 

https://www.972mag.com/gaza-hijacked-hamas-palestinian-youth/

That’s not what you said, but that’s what what your repeated statements amount to, when everything Israel does in response is over the line and too far, murdering children. You even paint this as all Israel’s fault in this post I’m quoting. “Well they’ve been aggressors and murderers foe years, so…” As another poster said, sure, you’re not explicitly stating Israel should just take it, but that’s what you’re advocating for…

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is the exact same straw man you have repeatedly used in this thread, when you tell people “you don’t think you’re advocating for the genocide of Palestinians but that’s what you’re doing” to paraphrase your earlier posts/stances. 

and speaking of straw men and putting words in people’s mouths, you can take your second paragraph and fuck right the hell off. You legit think Israeli soldiers are going to giggle while sniping children? So you just assume they’re equally horrible folks at the start as Hamas. That’s telling. And That is bullshit. And also fuck you for what is essentially a personal attack on me. I like you as a poster generally, and I disagree with your takes here and you basically accuse me of reveling in child death and drinking baby blood. Get all the way fucked, you should fucking apologize. 

you keep saying no one is saying Israel can’t respond and defend themselves, but you shit all over them doing so, and you offer no suggestions for how they should accomplish a reprisal, because no one can. Maybe a strongly worded letter? Hamas uses their civilians as shields because they don’t give a fuck about them, only killing Jews, per their charter. Israel says “evacuate north Gaza” and critics say “that’s forced migration!” Everything they do by certain people is framed as an excuse for genocide. But they didn’t ask for a thousand of their children and spouses to get killed and abducted on Saturday. 

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/10/gaza-protests-palestine-israel-sniper-video/

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/idf-to-discipline-soldiers-who-filmed-sniper-video-549387

Yes it fucking happened you dumb bitch, and it's just one instance of many, many atrocities committed against peaceful Palestinians by Israelis. It is absolutely telling that you simply cannot believe it despite there being ample evidence out there.

Look man, I like you as a poster too, but you're so fucking brainwashed by Western media's portrayal of this conflict that you view the Palestinians simply as animals to be put down. Regretfully, I'm sure, but it's there.

Of course Israel has every right to destroy Hamas. But once again, you're conflating all Palestinians with Hamas so you can sleep better after Israel mows them all down. Take a fucking lap.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Did you see the video of the Palestinian children yesterday begging to strap on a suicide vest to kill Jews? 

fine, let’s just let them all kill each other. Humans fucking suck. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This has been mine, and most posters stance here all along. But there are a few posters who have taken it quite a step further to accuse anything they do as an excuse to murder and genocide. Sometimes a situation just fucking sucks. But Fontana accused me of getting my rocks off on dismemberment of Palestinians. Fuck that bullshit. 

My posting history on this thread speaks for itself. I’m not some blind pro Israel honk. But some posters have wildly unrealistic expectations of human behavior and a nation trying to survive surrounded on all sides by enemies, and they do not even remotely aim that lense towards the Palestinian side. 

They’re both fucking kiss dolls. 

That’s not what you said, but that’s what what your repeated statements amount to, when everything Israel does in response is over the line and too far, murdering children. You even paint this as all Israel’s fault in this post I’m quoting. “Well they’ve been aggressors and murderers foe years, so…” As another poster said, sure, you’re not explicitly stating Israel should just take it, but that’s what you’re advocating for…

You flat out denied Israeli atrocities when railing at Fantana.  You've shown yourself to be either willingly blind or ignorant on the situation.  Including the ridiculous notion that the Palestinians should have just risen up and stopped Hamas.  I tried to 'nm' my original post because I knew this (us railing at each other) would be the result.  So in that vein, I'll just resort to --yeah just fuck off,  you ignorant shit.  You, brisket, 956 worldwide can have it.  But yeah, fuck you.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah.

No excuse for Hamas’ actions, they  deserve the full wrath of the Israelis but for Joe Blow Gazan you’re stuck in an impossible position.

I have to figure that any solution of this has to be some sort of UN administration of Gaza.

Hamas had to be removed from power.

Or Maybe as part of some sort of normalization deal, some sort pan Arab state group (non hostile Arab league?)  can administer the Gaza Strip? Idk.

I can’t see Egypt want to absorb it on their own and swallow that butter pill.

We’ve gone beyond the point that a two state solution with the West Bank and Gaza being one state will work. 

Maybe decoupling GAza and the West Bank could lead to a better solution? 

I’m grasping at straws but I feel like ‘experts’ are too so why not?

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/10/gaza-protests-palestine-israel-sniper-video/

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/idf-to-discipline-soldiers-who-filmed-sniper-video-549387

Yes it fucking happened you dumb bitch, and it's just one instance of many, many atrocities committed against peaceful Palestinians by Israelis. It is absolutely telling that you simply cannot believe it despite there being ample evidence out there.

Look man, I like you as a poster too, but you're so fucking brainwashed by Western media's portrayal of this conflict that you view the Palestinians simply as animals to be put down. Regretfully, I'm sure, but it's there.

Of course Israel has every right to destroy Hamas. But once again, you're conflating all Palestinians with Hamas so you can sleep better after Israel mows them all down. Take a fucking lap.

Motherfucker I have multiple fucking posts on this thread and the daily Texan one taking other posters to task for lumping all Palestinians in with HAMAS and identifying the huge difference between Hamas and the PA. But because my immediate reaction doesn’t align exactly with yours, I think all Palestinians are beasts. Ignoring literally the entire body of my posts which indicate otherwise. Dude that is bullshit, and fuck you. 

Do I want civilians to die? No. Do I want any non militant to die? No. The difference between you and me is simply that I know it’s going to happen, and I know why Israel is going to do it, and I understand it. I hate it. But you and everyone else has no other answer than “well, they should do their best not to harm innocents, nevermind Hamas’s literal strategy is to hide beside innocents.” That’s not going to stop Israel this time. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

You flat out denied Israeli atrocities when railing at Fantana.  You've shown yourself to be either willingly blind or ignorant on the situation.  Including the ridiculous notion that the Palestinians should have just risen up and stopped Hamas.  I tried to 'nm' my original post because I knew this (us railing at each other) would be the result.  So in that vein, I'll just resort to --yeah just fuck off,  you ignorant shit.  You, brisket, 956 worldwide can have it.  But yeah, fuck you.

I’ve never once denied atrocities. I said “every solider.” So you think every soldier in Israel is an evil motherfucker? I don’t. I also don’t think every Palestinian is an evil motherfucker, but the ones in Gaza sure as shit are used as human shields. 

I have a long history on these threads of advocating for all innocent lives be spared as much as possible. As well as criticism of Israel and Bibi, who’s probably delighted this shit happened. You only show up to denigrate one side while ignoring the ongoing atrocities of the other side as well. 

I have both eyes open. You sure as shit don’t seem to. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who’s saying Israel shouldn’t do anything? No one is making that argument 

• Hook 'Em 1

I find it helpful to remind myself the difference between people vs organizations in this conflict. 

Israel government policy and actions are clear, and in many cases unacceptable. 

Hamas policy and actions are horrific and deserve immediate response. 

The beliefs and actions of “the majority” of Palestinian and Israeli citizens is less clear, as I’m sure it is for many.

That makes it impossible to take a strong stand for either side, at least it does for me. But, there’s zero doubt the attacks on Hamas are going to be historic, and they should be. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who’s saying Israel shouldn’t do anything? No one is making that argument 

I won’t ask you what should they do. That’s been done. What shouldn’t they do? 

And let’s take it a step past “do their best do not harm innocent civilians” because contrary to what some light think of me, that is a given. Also, assuming it’s not PROPAGANDA on twitter, there are reports that HAMAS is telling citizens the Israeli notifies of evacuation are false and to stay in their homes. We’ll qualify that as a big IF. 

what should Israel do that will deter future events, make every hostile nation around them second guess doing something similar themselves and project strength, and happen in a timely enough fashion that a ton of HAMAS pieces of shit won’t escape via their networks? I have no idea. I’m d not think anyone has an idea.which leads me back to my point; if everything above can’t be met to satisfaction, the answers seem to be,  “don’t do that.” Which may as well be don’t do anything. Which I view as an unlikely bordering on impossible reaction. 

• Hook 'Em 1